Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-16-2003, 08:58 PM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default Underworld Moak Draft Contest Thread

We can post only in our spot in DJ's thread, but what about making comments here?

- If OP doesn't win it, I'll kill him. He is the ESPN Insider Man!

- Shoudn't our proposals be handled through PM's with DJ?

- If I pick for the first round, how can I beat someone who picks 2 rounds? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2003, 08:28 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Underworld Mock Draft Contest Thread

Chiwas- if you get say 15 picks correct in the first round and someone else only gets 7 right in the first round and then say 7 right in the second round, you would win 15-14. See?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 12:12 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Chiwas- if you get say 15 picks correct in the first round and someone else only gets 7 right in the first round and then say 7 right in the second round, you would win 15-14. See?
Exactly what I understood. Then why answer only the first round?

Also, isn't it unfair to see other proposals before we post ours? I could beat even our Insider expert this way if I see his first.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:26 PM   #4
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

You'll KILL me, Chi ?

With friends like that, wey, I don't need enemies !!!!!!

I'll do my best...but this thing is a crap shoot...even with a lot of knowledge.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:35 PM   #5
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

what about a sign&trade?how does that work?
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 12:44 PM   #6
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

Here's some info on the sign and trade

Quote:
T there is a special rule that allows teams to re-sign their own free agents for trading purposes, called the sign-and-trade rule. Under the sign-and-trade rule, the player is re-signed and immediately traded to another team. This is done by adding a clause to the contract which stipulates that the contract is invalid if the player's rights are not traded to the specific team within 48 hours.

A sign-and-trade deal can be made even with players that have been renounced. However, a sign-and-trade deal cannot be made when the player was signed using the Mid-Level, $1 Million or Disabled Player exception. Sign-and-trade deals are only allowed if the contract is for three years or longer (however, only the first season of the contract must be guaranteed).

One complication with sign-and-trade deals is that the signed player can immediately become a BYC player (see question number 71 for more information on BYC), so it's the player's BYC value that must be used when determining whether the trade is allowed.
Quote:
77. Sign-and-trade looks like a win-win proposition. But some players have signed smaller contracts as free agents, rather than do a sign-and-trade. Why?
Yes, it's happened. Both Antonio McDyess with Denver and Tom Gugliotta with Phoenix signed free agent contracts and lost a significant amount of money that they could have earned had a sign-and-trade been done. This is because they could not reach a satisfactory agreement with their original teams (Phoenix and Minnesota, respectively). It takes two to tango, or in the case of a sign-and-trade, three.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

78. If a sign-and-trade is not used, when can a team trade a free agent it signs? Do they have to keep him forever?
A player cannot be traded until three months after signing a contract or December 15th of that season, whichever is later. If the player is playing under a one-year contract and will have Larry Bird or Early Bird rights at the end of the contract, he can't be traded at all.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote