Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-11-2003, 12:10 AM   #1
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default Shawn Kemp anyone?

6'10 280 lbs. The Mavs could use him in spurts.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:06 AM   #2
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Shawn Kemp anyone?

lol fortsons better
Old 12-11-2003, 01:10 AM   #3
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Shawn Kemp anyone?

Kemp's not the anwer. We maybe could use him as filler. After tonights lose, I seriously wonder if we wouldn't be struggling with Shaq on our team.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:14 AM   #4
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

If we signed Kemp we would instantly lead the league in lard ass and illegitimate children.
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:15 AM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
If we signed Kemp we would instantly lead the league in lard ass and illegitimate children.
How about illegitimate children with lard asses? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2003, 09:01 AM   #6
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I think Kemp as center will work. His job isn't to score but to get rebounds and guard the middle. Kemp get hit open shots. I'm not saying he is the answer but he can provide experience and some bulk inside. Fortson does but Nellie won't play him consistently.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:26 PM   #7
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
What's his latest i.c.c. (illegitimate child count)? 29? If he could only still rebound like he sires...he'd be dangerous. well, a different kind of dangerous.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:12 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

@!#$@#$@#$ I was watching an old Shawn Kemp game and he used to be phenomenal- faster than Jamison and just incredibly efficient. Too bad we cant have that guy. Now he is just a fat, worthless Fortson.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:24 PM   #9
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Damn Erica... Chill!!!

You have been really MAD lately... It sure shows in your posts... Of course more often than not you were brought to anger by silly posts... But take a few deep breaths...

Regarding Kemp, I read somewhere that he was in the best shape of his life right now... Working out... Was thinking of an NBA comeback... I read that just yesterday I think...

Found the link...

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore...6177528320.xml
Old 12-11-2003, 07:33 PM   #10
Simon2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Male22Dan
Damn Erica... Chill!!!

You have been really MAD lately... It sure shows in your posts... Of course more often than not you were brought to anger by silly posts... But take a few deep breaths...

Regarding Kemp, I read somewhere that he was in the best shape of his life right now... Working out... Was thinking of an NBA comeback... I read that just yesterday I think...

Found the link...

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore...6177528320.xml

I read that article and it was the inspiration of this thread. I think Kemp might be the center the Mavs need. He's the answer but he'll add bulk in the middle.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:07 PM   #11
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

I can't believe that we've sunk so low that we are even considering Kemp.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 11:15 PM   #12
Simon2
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
I can't believe that we've sunk so low that we are even considering Kemp.
I think its a low risk gamble.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:13 AM   #13
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

maybe..we'll just have to see how things go as we near the trade deadline

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 10:33 AM   #14
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
maybe..we'll just have to see how things go as we near the trade deadline

If we're going to make a move I'd rather us make it sooner than later. Otherwise we're going to be in a position where we can ill afford to try and work a new player in.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:59 AM   #15
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

I think there might be a flurry of trades after Dec 15th. That the earlist that you can trade a player who signed a contract during the offseason.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 09:18 AM   #16
Simon2
Diamond Member

That stretch where Najera was guarding Shaq is the stretch where a Kemp would have come in handy. Of course, Shawn had back spasms so that's why he wasn't in there. Kemp would be insurance.