Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-30-2004, 10:20 PM   #121
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Mavericks vs. Spurs Gameday Thread

Jason Terry REALLY getting in TP grill.

As the Lakers showed you get physical with TP hes not nearly the same player.

Mavs gotta shot!
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2004, 10:21 PM   #122
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Mavericks vs. Spurs Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar
nowitzki has 9 shots. thats not enough for the third quarter. the mavs have to do anything; picks double picks triple picks, quadruple picks, pick and rolls, give and go's dirty fouls while the ref's arent looking (jk) any play that gets dirk free
Don't blame the team on Dirk not getting shots. The Spurs are playing good D on him. They are a great defensive team and that isn't surprising.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:22 PM   #123
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

nice finish

but if we break down in the 4th quarter again i will be emotionally wounded

here's hope to the MAVS

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:22 PM   #124
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the second game this season where the officiating has been nothing short of horrific.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:23 PM   #125
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: cheesestar
nowitzki has 9 shots. thats not enough for the third quarter. the mavs have to do anything; picks double picks triple picks, quadruple picks, pick and rolls, give and go's dirty fouls while the ref's arent looking (jk) any play that gets dirk free
Don't blame the team on Dirk not getting shots. The Spurs are playing good D on him. They are a great defensive team and that isn't surprising.
Some of it is obviously the Spurs defense but some of it is just the Mavs players not recognizing when the opportunities are there.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:23 PM   #126
Murphy3
Guru

Stackhouse is a sorry piece of sh!t tonight.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:24 PM   #127
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Stackhouse is a complete idiot.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:24 PM   #128
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

SA leads 69-65 after 3 quarters:

Howard (33) 6-13, 0-1, 3-5, 15pts, 3rbs, 2tos, 1blk

Dirk (32) 6-10, 1-1, 4-4, 17pts, 11rbs, 4as, 4tos, 1stl

Dampier (23) 2-3, 0-2, 4pts, 4rbs, 5tos

Daniels (29) 5-9, 2-2, 12pts, 5rbs, 1as, 1to

Harris (11) 1-3, 2-2, 4pts, 2tos

Terry (17) 3-5, 0-1, 6pts, 1rb, 3as, 3tos, 1stl

Stackhouse (24) 0-6, 4-4, 4pts, 4rbs, 1stl, 1blk

Henderson (6) 1-2, 0-1, 2pts, 3rbs

Booth (5) 0-1, 1-2, 1pt, 2rbs, 3blks
Old 11-30-2004, 10:25 PM   #129
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
Stackhouse is a complete idiot.
amen to that.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:25 PM   #130
cheesestar
Golden Member

umm.. yeah bad start once again
Old 11-30-2004, 10:25 PM   #131
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Is it so hard to get Dirk some shots?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:25 PM   #132
hairball02

hairball02 is on a distinguished road

what's the deal with our offense. as soon as they get the ball to who ever they want (stack or dirk) the other 4 players are just standing around watching. if you watch the spurs, they continue to set screens and get people open..... what a joke.
hairball02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:26 PM   #133
cheesestar
Golden Member

just like that we're down by 11
Old 11-30-2004, 10:28 PM   #134
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Harris hasn't sniffed the court in a while. He must be in Avery's doghouse.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:28 PM   #135
Murphy3
Guru

Harris and Stack might as well be wearing Spurs uniforms tonight.

Will this be the second game of the season where the Mavs lose simply because they get absolutely nothing out of Stack?
Old 11-30-2004, 10:30 PM   #136
PepperTheMavsFan41

Jerry Stackhouse 25 0-6 4 0 1 1 1 1 4
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:30 PM   #137
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Harris and Stack might as well be wearing Spurs uniforms tonight.

Will this be the second game of the season where the Mavs lose simply because they get absolutely nothing out of Stack?
Damp too.

Old 11-30-2004, 10:32 PM   #138
Murphy3
Guru

That's f'ing twice in the 4th where the Spurs have gotten offensive rebounds because f'ing Dampier has his head up his @ss. On both occasions the Spurs have turned that into points.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:32 PM   #139
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: hairball02
what's the deal with our offense. as soon as they get the ball to who ever they want (stack or dirk) the other 4 players are just standing around watching. if you watch the spurs, they continue to set screens and get people open..... what a joke.
Yea that's what I hate about the offense this year. You need to run your offense through a pg. Otherwise you have the mess that you have out there right now and it's disgusting to watch when you can't hit a shot.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 10:32 PM   #140
cheesestar
Golden Member

crap
Old 11-30-2004, 10:32 PM   #141
Bookit
Diamond Member

How many more games before we lable Stackhouse and absolute spare?
Old 11-30-2004, 10:32 PM   #142
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

8 assists to 18 turnovers=REDICULOUS!
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:33 PM   #143
Murphy3
Guru

Dirk..take the damn ball to the rim.

It looks like he's out of gas having to guard TD on defense and facing double teams on offense.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:33 PM   #144
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

But shots don't have to be that tough Dirk. Take it to the basket too. Especially when the dotted line is open.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:33 PM   #145
cheesestar
Golden Member

this is basically over
Old 11-30-2004, 10:35 PM   #146
Murphy3
Guru

Honestly, the Mavs have alot of players on the team that just aren't that smart at this point in their career.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:35 PM   #147
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

THIS ASSIST/TURNOVER THING IS KILLING ME.... AND THE MAVS!!
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:35 PM   #148
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
How many more games before we lable Stackhouse and absolute spare?
Hopefully never. We aren't going to be able to get much for a spare at the trade deadline. We may not be able to get anything for him. I can't imagine a team that would take him on their roster right now. Not even the Bobcats.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 10:36 PM   #149
PepperTheMavsFan41

Wow that was embarrising.

The Mavs simply arent as good as the Spurs right now. And unless they get a point guard that they will actually play against them it will be a while before they will be as good.

Maybe Fins outside shooting will help.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:36 PM   #150
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

its about time to get Kidd back in here...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:36 PM   #151
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

Let's face it guys, we're weak and need to mix it up. We may need to do some trades pretty soon. Even when finley gets heatlhy, we're still going to need some players that will gel. Dampier isn't the beast that I think we thought he'd be. We need more athleticism and defense at center. Dampiers just too slow at this point. He's not bringing the intensity we need.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:36 PM   #152
cheesestar
Golden Member

you gotta feel bad for avery though...
Old 11-30-2004, 10:37 PM   #153
Murphy3
Guru

Dirk's lost his touch this quarter......completely

he finally takes it to the rim.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:37 PM   #154
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:38 PM   #155
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Dirk's still shooting the jumpers. He's pulling a Stack right now. It's so frustrating to watch players who can get to the rack shoot until they build a house.

Now Dirk drives and what happens? A foul. He can do this all night long. No reason he shouldn't have 10 attempts at the line right now. Atleast he's contributing tonight. Stack isn't doing a damn thing but helping the Spurs win.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 10:39 PM   #156
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road

I compltetely agree that jason kidd would be a huge improvement. We'd finally have a passer who can make good decisions
Old 11-30-2004, 10:40 PM   #157
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Crippler
who is he going to pass to? Dirk? They'll still double him...and you don't have to respect Kidd's jumper...
Old 11-30-2004, 10:40 PM   #158
cheesestar
Golden Member

subpar D
subpar O

hard to win this way
Old 11-30-2004, 10:40 PM   #159
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

I'm not sure where the Mavs think they are going with Dirk guarding Duncan. Dirk's got 4 fouls. Get Henderson or Booth in there to guard Duncan.

1996-2005
Old 11-30-2004, 10:42 PM   #160
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I'm not sure where the Mavs think they are going with Dirk guarding Duncan. Dirk's got 4 fouls. Get Henderson or Booth in there to guard Duncan.
Agree. Booth looks like the best option against Duncan.