Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-11-2002, 12:13 PM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I read in a mexican newspaper that FMB (Mexican Baketball Federation) wants to hire Donnie to be the Head Coach of all national mexicans teams.

They have talked with him and made proposals.

I would like to see him coaching México team, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:24 PM   #2
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

chiwas put down the crippler now...step away..

Donnie is going nowhere...
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 12:28 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

<< I read in a mexican newspaper that FMB (Mexican Baketball Federation) wants to hire Donnie to be the Head Coach of all national mexicans teams.

They have talked with him and made proposals.

I would like to see him coaching M&eacute;xico team, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
>>

Why would Donnie leave when he just became President of basketball operation for the Mavs?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 12:36 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

never happens.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 12:44 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Sorry, it's in spanish.

<< [i]Nelson ser&aacute; nuevo entrenador

Jorge Guzm&aacute;n y Alfonso Mancilla
El Universal
Viernes 11 de octubre de 2002

Es inminente el relevo de entrenador en la selecci&oacute;n nacional de basquetbol, en un primer paso para solucionar los conflictos que se viven en esta disciplina, en la que no se ha logrado conformar un equipo de cara a los Juegos Centroamericanos y del Caribe.

Es m&aacute;s, ya hasta nombre hay del que ser&aacute; el sustituto de Arturo Guerrero. Se trata del estadounidense Donnie Nelson (hijo del entrenador de los Mavericks de Dallas), a quien desde mediados de a&ntilde;o se le ofreci&oacute; el puesto.

Entrevistados por separado, Nelson Vargas, presidente de la Comisi&oacute;n Nacional del Deporte y miembro de la Comisi&oacute;n de Selecciones, y Enrique Basulto, titular de la Federaci&oacute;n Mexicana de Basquetbol, hablan al respecto.

Nelson Vargas opina sobre la pol&eacute;mica por la negativa de algunos jugadores a integrarse al equipo centroamericano si Arturo Guerrero permanece como entrenador.

Es urgente una reuni&oacute;n con el presidente de la Comisi&oacute;n de Selecciones, el gobernador Juan S. Mill&aacute;n, as&iacute; como con el &aacute;rea t&eacute;cnica y el &aacute;rea empresarial que componen esta comisi&oacute;n, porque tal parece que todo el basquetbol de M&eacute;xico quiere un cambio; quiere b&aacute;sicamente un entrenador estadounidense, pero eso depender&aacute;, no de la Conade, sino de la Comisi&oacute;n de Selecciones Nacionales que sesionar&aacute; a m&aacute;s tardar la pr&oacute;xima semana.

Pero Enrique Basulto se adelanta incluso a cualquier determinaci&oacute;n de la citada comisi&oacute;n.

En 15 d&iacute;as viajar&eacute; a Dallas para conocer la respuesta definitiva de Donnie Nelson, y en caso de que no acept&eacute;, entonces se proyectar&iacute;a nombrar a un t&eacute;cnico interino para los Juegos Centroamericanos.

Explica el presidente de la Federaci&oacute;n Mexicana de Basquetbol: La intenci&oacute;n de nombrar a Nelson es con el fin de seguir un proyecto de trabajo con un entrenador de renombre internacional y que tambi&eacute;n ayude a entablar proyectos de trabajo internacionales.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:57 PM   #6
Chiwas
Guru

In order to summarize:

They have talked with him and are waiting for an answer. In fifteen days they are going to travel to Dallas to know Donnie's decision.

Old 10-11-2002, 12:58 PM   #7
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

This is probably them looking at Donnie in an advisory/assisting capacity as he was with Lithuania a couple years ago.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 01:23 PM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

It says &quot;entrenador&quot;, that means head coach. However it doesn't mention the terms.

I see something positive here. Mexico is closer to Dallas and USA than China or Europe in many ways, but somebody has to develop good players in M&eacute;xico. He has to be Nelson or somebody from the NBA.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:33 PM   #9
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

ÜberDirk is on a distinguished road

I could read it chiwas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2002, 01:39 PM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

ENTIRELY? Now translate it.

LOL
Old 10-11-2002, 01:51 PM   #11
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Could this just be another summer team head coaching job? That's not out of the picture at all...
Old 10-11-2002, 06:42 PM   #12
Chiwas
Guru

Let me read tomorrow newspapers....
Old 10-12-2002, 01:56 PM   #13
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

Ok Sn. Chiwas, this is the best I could do.... Keep in mind, I did it hastily, like 5-10 min.

Nelson will be new coach

Jorge Guzm&aacute;n and Alfonso Mancilla The Universal Friday 11 of October of 2002

It is imminent the relevo(?) of coach in the national selection of basketball, in a first step to solve the conflicts that live with himself in this discipline, in which itself has not been achieved to conform an equipment with a view toward the Play of Centralamericans and of the Carribean.

It is more, already to name there is of the one that will be the sustituto (?) of Arturo Warlike. It is a matter of the American one Donnie Nelson (son of the coach of the Mavericks of you now), to whom since middle of year he was offered the position.

They interviewed separate, Nelson Vargas, president of the National Commission of the Sport and member of the Commission of Selections, and Enrique Basulto, regular of the Mexican Confederacy of Basketball, speak to the respect.

Nelson Vargas thinks upon the polemics by the negative of some players to be integrated to the equipment centralamerican if Arturo Warlike remains head coach.

It is urgent a meeting with the president of the Commission of Selections, the governor Juan S. Mill&aacute;n, as well as the technical area and the area empresarial(?) that compose this commission, because such seems that all the Basketball of Mexico wants a change; wants basically an American coach, but that will depend on not of the Conade(?), but of the National Commission of Selections that sesionara(? more delay the next week.

But Enrique Basulto advances including to any determinacion of it cited commission.

In 15 days I will travel to you now to know the final answer of Donnie Nelson, and in case that I did not accept, then would be projected to name a temporary technician for the Play Centroamericanos.

It explains the president of the Mexican Confederacy of Basketball: The intention to name Nelson is in order to following a project of job with a coach of renombre(?) international and that also help to begin international projects of job.
Old 10-12-2002, 03:41 PM   #14
Chiwas
Guru

Very good!!!

And very funny, too. (Guerrero is a last name, you don't have to translate it but I'm ROFL -rolling on the floor laughing, is it right?)

If you want to translate Guerrero, then it is Warrior.

<< (son of the coach of the Mavericks of you now) >>

You're very crazy and very good guy, amigo.

You translates better than I do.

Old 10-12-2002, 03:51 PM   #15
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

your laughing at my translation [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] My feelings are crushed, joking amigo! I told you, I did it quickly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Chiwas es EL HOMBRE! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2002, 10:58 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

Le pienso utilic&eacute; una computadora para traducir esa historia.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:03 AM   #17
Chiwas
Guru

No lo descubras, Drbio !

Don't disclose him, Drbio !

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2002, 11:24 AM   #18
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Senor Donnie
Nelson Considering Job In Mexico

By Mike Fisher -- DallasBasketball.com
Donnie Nelson, already the Mavs’ president of basketball operations, is considering also becoming El Jefe of basketball in Mexico.
International basketball sources tell DallasBasketball.com that the Mexican Basketball Federation has contacted Nelson about the position of “technical director,’’ a position that would work similar to how his job as the Mavs’ president of basketball operations works. In concept, Nelson would manage Mexico’s national teams, run their developmental programs, serve as a consultant and maybe even work as the head coach of the national team, depending on his availability.
“It’s very preliminary,’’ says a source close to Nelson, well known as the foremost authority on the international game and the NBA’s unofficial ambassador overseas.
We suspect this isn't an orchestrated effort made in conjuction with the Mavs, and we suspect that because after our first publication of this story on Sunday morning, we received an email from Mavs owner Mark Cuban that indicated little involvement on his part in the negotiations. Otherwise, what we know about this story so far raises more questions than it answers. For instance:

Is there really enough time in the day to do both jobs?

Is this a “summer vacation’’ something to do for Donnie?

What happens to Donnie’s relationship with Lithuania?

Is a shift from Europe to Central America advantageous to the Mavs because of proximity?

Would Donnie’s shift from Europe to Central America be a disadvantage for the Mavs because of potential talent?

Is this job completely independent from Donnie’s Mavs work, or is it, in a sense, an extension of the Mavs’ marketing department?

Does this interfere with Donnie eventually becoming the Mavs’ head coach?

Can this serve as a developmental program for young Mavs assistants, much like German connections have done for Ro Blackman?

When the hell does Donnie ever see the missus?
We’re chasing Donnie himself for more on this. … While also pondering whether he can do something about the water down there, whether he'll start Eduardo Najera on his national team, and whether he'll make the talk-show rounds on shows like &quot;Super Sabado!''

#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 12:00 PM   #19
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

Doc, I don't know whether you were joking or not, but you better take that the hell back! If there's one thing I can't stand, it's people who refuse to acknowledge when someone simply know's something they don't!! Please, be my guest and translate that article on ANY web site, ANY, I guarantee you it won't be even CLOSE to how I translated it, b/c translating sites are AWFUL and don't give you a halfway decent translation! Not only that, but Chiwas KNOW'S I speak spanish fluently from past expierences!
Old 10-13-2002, 12:27 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Calma abajo de mi amigo. Era justo teniendo diversi&oacute;n.

edit...spanish type-o
Old 10-13-2002, 12:31 PM   #21
ÜberDirk
Golden Member

Ok Doc, sorry, I just im proud of my fluentness in many languages and don't like it belittled.
Old 10-13-2002, 12:53 PM   #22
Drbio
Banned

Usted necesitar&aacute; m&aacute;s paciencia en este lugar. Estoy apesadumbrado para la confusi&oacute;n sin embargo.
Old 10-13-2002, 02:08 PM   #23
Chiwas
Guru

Drbio: You write spanish as ugly as I do english....

About the article from Mike Fisher, I found it too much sarcastic for several reasons.

First, no one latin-american thinks that M&eacute;xico is in Central America. Central America begins in Guatemala and ends in Panama in accord with UN fundamentals.

Second, who is telling that Donnie is going to have two or three jobs? If M&eacute;xico signs Donnie is for full time and for many years.

Third; yes, M&eacute;xico is closer than Europe. M&eacute;xico is one second away from USA, the time you need to cross the border. The MLB and the MLS have known it since decades.

Fourth; It's a great life opportunity for a person to be in such a situation. To take in his hands (and his mind) all of the basketball of one big country (13th in territory size, 13th in population, 2nd in bussiness with USA, after Japan). Man, don't be so selfish. It can't be compared with the Lithuania job.

And Fifth; What's wrong with the idea that Donnie begins to send good mexican players to Dallas or NBA in few years?

I like Donnie being a factor in the Dallas mavericks success, but I also would like to see Donnie get the mexican job: More money and too much responsability (and a neighbor country developed in basketball game).
Old 10-13-2002, 02:18 PM   #24
Drbio
Banned

Chiwas....I know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

firstable...hee hee....keep trying though...it is fun.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:15 AM   #25
Chiwas
Guru

You don't know the complete story: We are going to hire the mavs dancers too!
Old 10-14-2002, 11:23 AM   #26
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< You don't know the complete story: We are going to hire the mavs dancers too! >>

Are you trying to start a war? Trying to steal Donnie is one thing, but this . . .
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 12:25 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

Stealing the Mavs dancers would definitely start a war....it is more politically charged than the border water issue. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2002, 01:50 PM   #28
Chiwas
Guru

Prepare your weapons...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

In fact, the Donnie affair is a masquerade...we're targeting to the pretty girls....

Besides, we can send you beer instead of water.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2002, 02:05 PM   #29
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

why would he leave the mavs for mex bball?no offense but the mavs are one of the best teams in the world,and in a couple of years he will be coaching them.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 02:09 PM   #30
Drbio
Banned

Besides, we can send you beer instead of water.

hhmmm...we may be able to work something out yet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2002, 02:23 PM   #31
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Besides, we can send you beer instead of water.

hhmmm...we may be able to work something out yet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
>>

You know that treason is punishable by a firing squad, right Doc?
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:39 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

I mean the beer for water thing. What a deal!!!

The Dancers stay.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:43 PM   #33
Chiwas
Guru

No deal.

Beer and dancers or polluted water.
Old 10-14-2002, 03:03 PM   #34
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

<< I mean the beer for water thing. What a deal!!!

The Dancers stay.
>>

My apologies then. Sorry I suspected you of prioritizing beer over beautiful women. :-)
Old 10-14-2002, 04:03 PM   #35
Drbio
Banned

I love beer Hoops, but c'mon....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Chiwas- we'll take the polluted water and the Dancers. Deal is now finalized. No more offers accepted. Thanks for playing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2002, 05:06 PM   #36
Chiwas
Guru

Time out.

Dancers are gonna die with polluted water.

They have to come to M&eacute;xico.

Old 10-15-2002, 08:42 AM   #37
Chiwas
Guru

Ok ok ok

No war, no beer, no dancers, no treason.

But I'm going to take Chihuahua Dancers to Dallas 3 days and then we can talk again.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]