Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-29-2003, 06:06 PM   #1
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hardline is DESTROYING and KNEE JERKING

n

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 02-15-2007 at 12:24 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2003, 06:09 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Hardline is DESTROYING and KNEE JERKING

well..i love the hardline and all.
but, we all know that they don't know a thing about basketball
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 06:16 PM   #3
superheadcat

superheadcat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: ShaggyDirk
Reiner is knee jerking over the game last night. 5:15 pm
what did they say?
Old 10-29-2003, 06:26 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Hardline is DESTROYING and KNEE JERKING

It's not the Hardline... It's just Rhynes.

He is saying that Dirk has just about peaked, and "I don't know about Dirk"... implying that he doesn't think he is that great of a player.

It's just a load of garbage.

He was asked who could run the Mavs offense as well as Nash (challenged to give 3 PG's). His answer was Kidd, Payton, and Bibby.

He expected them to be "competitive" last night.

Greggo is playing good cop on this argument. It's shock value. Rhynes has to be anti-populist. He almost always has been.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:58 PM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Rhyner: "Tiger Woods will never win a major."

Rhyner: "Bill Parcells is a con man."

Rhyner: "I have no problem with baseball players taking steroids."

You know, I was watching Crossfire on CNN, and John Sununu and the other guy were talking about the baseball strike (this was years ago). Not surprisingly Sununu, as the republican, took the owners' side. After a long argument, some guy from the players union was on and said that if Sununu believed in the free market so much that he should be supporting the players' right to earn as much as the market will allow. Sununu, fed up, basically said, "Yeah, I agree. But we flipped a coin backstage and I had to take the owners' side."

The point is, Rhyner doesn't believe half the shit he tosses out there. They need conflict on sports radio to generate discussion and about the Mavs, there is none. They are good. They are really good. They ain't the best team in the NBA. So Rhyner takes the bullet and gets to be "contraversial" today. Tomorrow, Greggo gets to take a stupid position he doesn't believe and they'll chalk it up to being from Boyd.

BTW, I am pretty sure somebody from the Ticket is reading this forum on a regular basis. So, in that vein, Corby is gay.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 07:08 PM   #6
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

It's all about being shocking and contrarian...whatever gets people riled up often results in ratings...

It's radio 101...

Old 10-29-2003, 07:08 PM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Hardline is DESTROYING and KNEE JERKING

The funny thing was that Greggo didn't agree, but he didn't know enough about basketball to really debate him.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:04 PM   #8
giantbenmav

giantbenmav is on a distinguished road

Dooby:

You are 100000000000% accurate....these guys have to keep their show interesting, and bring up all of the viewpoints......that means someone has to take the bad guy, unpopular route.........because no matter how insane it is there is ALWAYS someone who will agree with it....

Go MAVS!!!!
giantbenmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:24 PM   #9
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

Good cop/ bad cop.

If you listen to Rhynes you will come away with the notion that he is one of the biggest Cowboy haters in the world.

In reality he is one of the biggest Cowboy fans.

This is for ratings because he has the curmudgeon image.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:18 AM   #10
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Isnt the hardline the guys who said the Mavs will rue the day the passed on Tractor Trailer and picked Dirk in the Draft. What do they know only baseball.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 12:21 PM   #11
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Like them or hate them, the genius of the hardline is to get guys like us talking about their HSO's.

And more importantly to keep listening to them.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 12:34 PM   #12
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Well, it doesn't work because I don't listen to them. I am far more interested in BAD Radio than I am the Hardline these days.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote