Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-21-2003, 03:14 PM   #1
Mav_Man1

Mav_Man1 is on a distinguished road

DP drains jumpers with Dirk Nowitzki
Dan Patrick's interview with Dallas Mavericks' forward Dirk Nowitzki appears in the April
28 edition of ESPN The Magazine

DP: Did you hear I bet Van Exel that I could beat
Shawn Bradley in a three-point shooting contest?
DN: I've got my money on Bradley.
DP: I have nothing to hide, pal. I'll admit I lost to
Avery Johnson.
DN: You lose to The General in three-point shooting,
that's pretty bad.
DP: Aw, man, you just stabbed Avery in the back.

DP: Did you enjoy being Time's Person of the Week in
May 2002?
DN: I didn't know I was.
DP: Yeah, for fulfilling the promise of globalization.
DN: I don't know what that means, but it's awesome.

DP: Favorite cartoon character.
DN: I don't watch too much TV. Do you guys have
Bugs Bunny over here?
DP: Uh, yeah, Dirk.
DN: Well, you don't have Lucky Luke the cowboy and
his horse, Jolly Jumper.
DP: That's because it just sounds silly.
DN: Stop it. Growing up, my idols were Lucky Luke
and Jolly Jumper. And Scottie Pippen.
DP: Scottie, huh? Did you have his jersey as a kid?
DN: I had Cedric Ceballos' jersey. Everybody in
Germany had Shaq. I wanted Van Exel or Ced.

DP: I only know one other Dirk.
DN: Let me guess: Dirk Diggler.
DP: So you've heard that before?
DN: Yeah. I never watched all of Boogie Nights.
I thought it was stupid.
DP: If you could invite any four people to dinner,
who'd you pick?
DN: Dennis Rodman, because he knows how to party.
Shakira is very good. Steffi Graf, a German hero.
Salma Hayek, just for the fun.

DP: Do you still play the saxophone?
DN: Not too much. I started to play the guitar,
like, two years ago.
DP: Give me the guitar player you most look up to.
DN: Keith Richards. He's an old man, but he still rocks.

DP: Who's the clown on the team?
DN: That would be Nash for sure.
DP: He's going to lose the hair soon, isn't he?
DN: You see it too? I thought I was the only one!
He hides it by combing the long hair to the
front. It's sad. Unfortunately, short hair
doesn't work so well for him, either.

DP: You served a mandatory stint in the German army
from '97 to '98. What was that like?
DN: Basic training was hard. They didn't have a
uniform in my size, so I had to run around in
sweats. It was embarrassing.
DP: Would you rather have Nellie yelling at you,
or a sergeant?
DN: Nellie, definitely. My army sergeant was two feet shorter than me. I wanted to laugh
whenever he yelled at me. It was very awkward.
Mav_Man1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2003, 03:19 PM   #2
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Dirk is just a little kid playing like a man. Seems like the coolest person in the NBA.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 03:21 PM   #3
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

This is way too cool!
Dirk getting national media attention. With interviews like this and some others Dirk will start to get the credit he deserves. Way to go Dirk!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 04:08 PM   #4
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

That's the best Dirk interview I've read probably ever. Too funny. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2003, 05:20 PM   #5
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

yeah... he sounds like a funny guy...
that's what makes him a likable young man...

is that really true ?! you don't have lucky luke ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

what a pity ! guess you would like it too ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 05:35 PM   #6
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

C´mon ... YOU HAVE TO HAVE Lucky Luke! This is sooo sad ...
Old 04-21-2003, 06:09 PM   #7
TheAce135

TheAce135 is on a distinguished road

dirk is freakin hilarious!
TheAce135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 06:17 PM   #8
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

He gave a similar interview on ESPN radio you can listen to it here Link
its on the 6th row.

Next to that one their is a funny NVE interview which started the 3 point contest bet, if SB wins Patrick has to wear a NVE jersey on Sportscenter, also NVE cracks on Bradley a couple times.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 07:02 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

great interview by dirk..very enjoyable.

NVE cracks on bradley? maybe NVE should crack on himself.. mix in a little consistency
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 07:06 PM   #10
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

He didn't like Boogie Nights? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Good interview Dirk
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 07:08 PM   #11
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< great interview by dirk..very enjoyable.

NVE cracks on bradley? maybe NVE should crack on himself.. mix in a little consistency
>>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2003, 07:21 PM   #12
Lvubun1

<< great interview by dirk..very enjoyable.

>>

True, though its funnier making fun of Bradley.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:28 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't Lucky Luke that gay cowboy?

Dirk's interview shows he is well grounded. Yet another reason he will be successful in the long term.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 07:30 PM   #14
Lvubun1

<< Isn't Lucky Luke that gay cowboy? >>

Hmmmmmm, half the forum just got a erection thinking that they might actually have a chance at being Mr. Nowitzki
Old 04-21-2003, 07:36 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it's funnier making fun of bradley?
well, i would think NVE would be the butt of the joke often as well.. looking like something that crawled out of the movie Aliens
Old 04-22-2003, 08:00 AM   #16
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm. never heard of lucky luke. i did like the asterisk and obelisk books while i lived in germany.

Old 04-22-2003, 10:55 AM   #17
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

<<

<< Isn't Lucky Luke that gay cowboy? >>

Hmmmmmm, half the forum just got a erection thinking that they might actually have a chance at being Mr. Nowitzki
>>

I don't think Lucky Luke is a gay cowboy, just a French one.

Then again, what would be the difference?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 11:28 AM   #18
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Lol ... Lucky Luke is of course an American Cowboy. But Asterix and Obelix rule, that true!
Old 04-22-2003, 11:35 AM   #19
thebac

thebac is on a distinguished road

Lucky Luke and Asterix are both drawn by Frenchmen, they tend to be good at that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Anyone here remember/know of Percy Pickwick?
Old 04-22-2003, 01:11 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

Seriously....I wasn't trying to be funny...I thought that Lucky Luke was the first openly gay cartoon character. That he's french only adds fuel to my suspicion. I don't think sexuality belongs in the cartoons myself. Straight, gay or otherwise.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:16 PM   #21
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ah, i remember what you're talking about doc, i think it was discussed in the lounge before. but it wasn't lucky luke. i'll see if i can find the thread.

Edit: it was the Rawhide Kid...

Old Thread
Old 04-22-2003, 09:04 PM   #22
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

<< DP: Who's the clown on the team?
DN: That would be Nash for sure.
DP: He's going to lose the hair soon, isn't he?
DN: You see it too? I thought I was the only one!
He hides it by combing the long hair to the
front. It's sad. Unfortunately, short hair
doesn't work so well for him, either.
>>

Hahahahahahahah. This one had me rolling.

I don't know if anyone else ever notices, but late in blowout wins it always seems like both Dirk and Nash are cracking each other up on the bench. Dirk will usually hide his laugh underneath a towel.

I think that both of them are probably clowns and I wouldn't be surprised if Dirk starts most of it. Anyone remember or even see one of the games Dirk had to sit out. He was in one of the courtside seats next to Cuban and a young kid that had popcorn in his lap. He reached around the behind the kid and tapped him on his outside shoulder. When the kid looked the other direction he quickly nabbed some of his popcorn. It gave that kid the laugh of his life once he found out that Dirk tricked him and stole some of his popcorn. It was a simple trick all of us have probably had played on us before, especially as a child. That one had me laughing also.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:50 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Good call BBL. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:44 AM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

good story roadrunner
Old 04-23-2003, 10:06 AM   #25
DirkNash1341

DirkNash1341 is on a distinguished road

We really do have a likeable bunch of players. Dirk is hilarious, that interview is great. Van Exel has been great since he came over too, you should all listen to his interview with Dan Patrick:

DP: I'm going to make Shawn Bradley cry.
NVE: You're going to make Bradley cry?? Opponents make him cry every night.

Hahahahahahaha!
DirkNash1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:15 AM   #26
Murphy3
Guru

That might be funny if NVE and Bradley were on different teams. However, they are on the same team. For an inconsistent and overpaid player such as NVE to say that...that's pathetic
Old 04-23-2003, 03:11 PM   #27
DirkNash1341

DirkNash1341 is on a distinguished road

Holy crap. Relax Murph.

If Dirk said that you'd think it was hilarious. He made a f*cking joke and it was funny. That's all there is to it. Salary has nothing to do with it, nor does consistency.
DirkNash1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 04:13 PM   #28
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

just heard the radio version that Lvubun Linked,it was so funny,you should all try it.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 04:37 PM   #29
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Murph, Bradley and Nick are extremely good friends, and have been for a while. I'll try and find the article that I read about this when Nick was traded here.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 12:21 AM   #30
Lvubun1

Not to mention SB probably wouldn't get the ball if not for Nick, he's one of the few players on the team that seems to look for him, his only FG tonight came off of a assist by Nick.

As for the joke even Dirk lauged at it.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:25 AM   #31
DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31

DrtyFlthyNstYnQuik31 is an unknown quantity at this point

murph you really need to stop ... u talk bad about nick all the time.. i seriously dont what your problem is but.. yea its getting pretty old.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]