Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2002, 10:32 AM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I am curious to get some opinions on this. I think almost everyone would like to move Bradley, and I have heard rumblings of Bradley for Ostertag in the past. We could make that trade if we threw in someone else for salary purposes maybe a Manning.

Utah gets rid of Ostertag who they don't like, and get Bradley who is everyone's favorite Morman.

The advantage for the Mavs is that Ostertag contract is up at the end of next year. His salary for 02-03 is about 7.5 Million, and there are a lot of teams looking to get cap room to play in the solid class of free agents that summer. With the new TV contract done it looks as if the cap will not grow as quickly as anticipated. This leaves a lot of teams who were looking to clear 10-12 Million with only 6-8 Million. If they want to play then they need to clear more space. Come trade deadline next year Ostertag could be a nice assett to have.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote