Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #121
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
So it looks like Wes reached out to Boogie about his achilles injury... I wonder if they discussed FA plans as well?
https://theundefeated.com/features/n...training-camp/
He mentions chess and other board games, but what about connect 4?

saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2018, 06:53 PM   #122
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Draft Mitchell, Bagley, or Porter

Trade for KAT
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ace-internally
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #123
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

No thanks. KAT, Nurkic, and Valanciunas all suffer from the same thing...too big, too slow, don't play defense or is too slow to switch. Those types of lumbering centers are a thing of the past and was proven in this year's playoffs. They were all exposed at one point or another.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #124
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I think he fits in the modern NBA, and specifically this Mavs team, as a stretch 5. I think his rebounding numbers suffered with his playing time as a result of foul trouble.

For example, if the Mavs were to draft JJJ, I'd fully expect him to start at the 5, running mostly with Powell and Dirk.

I definitely think he fits as a stretch 5 but he also fits as a stretch 4 in today’s NBA. Wether he plays the 4 or 5 he’s going to need a strong rebounder playing next to him. So even if it’s not Capela (who fits Rick’s system perfectly) they are going to need to target someone that can rebound.

There are rumors that the Mavs are trying to trade for another pick in the top 10. They are said to be looking to take on a bad contract in order to gain a pick. Would Cleveland be willing to give up 8 if the Mavs take on Tristan Thompson? Obviously the Mavs May have to give up a top 10 protected pick in 2019. Tristan could be that rebounder while the Mavs use that extra pick on Mikal Bridges or MPJ.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:37 PM   #125
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
No thanks. KAT, Nurkic, and Valanciunas all suffer from the same thing...too big, too slow, don't play defense or is too slow to switch. Those types of lumbering centers are a thing of the past and was proven in this year's playoffs. They were all exposed at one point or another.
So “no” to Ayton and Bamba too?
Old 05-19-2018, 12:05 AM   #126
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I 100% would trade our pick for KAT. Problem is, there's no chance Minnesota lets him go for just that.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #127
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
So “no” to Ayton and Bamba too?
Those two are, from what I've seen, are significantly quicker than any of those three.

In fact, I'd say that's exactly what sets this big man class apart from other drafts. All four of those guys are mobile. Bamba is likely the slowest of them, but he is by no means slow for center standards.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-19-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #128
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Those two are, from what I've seen, are significantly quicker than any of those three.

In fact, I'd say that's exactly what sets this big man class apart from other drafts. All four of those guys are mobile. Bamba is likely the slowest of them, but he is by no means slow for center standards.
Yeah, Bamba looks like he’s lumbering up the floor with those long limbs, but he’s not lagging behind. Dude moves just fine.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:11 AM   #129
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I’m not convinced that Bamba is much faster or more athletic than those three. I would say Val is the quickest and most explosive out of those three examples. They were all considered mobile big men when they entered the league.

This is about Val from draft.net
“Very fluid athlete ... Runs the court well for a center ... Good quickness and solid explosiveness/leaping ability ... “

They give him an 8 for athleticism. Bamba was given a 7.

“A solid athlete, but much of his wow factor is due to length and not explosiveness or leaping ability”
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:18 AM   #130
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

You must not have watched the playoffs. Val looked like he was running in mud most of that series.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #131
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You must not have watched the playoffs. Val looked like he was running in mud most of that series.
Gobert at times too. I’m just saying, don’t be surprised if Bamba doesn’t look so athletic when he gets switched out on an nba guard or forward next season. I like him the more I see, but it’s hard to judge from college highlights. It would have been nice if he had participated in the combine agility drills.

Last edited by FreshJive; 05-19-2018 at 12:10 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:01 PM   #132
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Gobert at times too. I’m just saying, don’t be surprised if Bamba doesn’t look so athletic when he gets switched out on an nba guard or forward next season. I like him the more I see, but it’s hard to judge from college highlights. It would have been nice if he had participated in the combine agility drills.
This is why JJJ remains the better pick/prospect.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #133
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Not sure how much truth there is to this.

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/maveri...n-free-agency/
Old 05-21-2018, 10:57 AM   #134
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post

Rumors until it happens, but it 100% fits Cuban's M.O.

All of those guys-- including Randle-- would play center for us.

Mavs draft a Porter, Bridges, Doncic, or Bagley. One of those guys WILL be available. Mavs sign a center. We could definitely be .500 and maybe even grab the 8th spot before being swept.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-21-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #135
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously I think most of us here despise DAJ for good reasons, but I would welcome a dominating rebounder/lob finisher for the next 3-4 years, if for no other reason but to help with DSJ's development. I think my preference of the three is in the order of the article: DAJ, Boogie, Randle.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:51 AM   #136
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post

Yuck. To all 3. If thats the plan, they've learned nothing. Hoping this is just smoke
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #137
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

No one outside of George, Gordon, and Capela (assuming Rockets are deadset on Lebron, we may be able to steal Capela if we get an offer sheet in quick enough) is worth pursuing.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:13 PM   #138
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah, people were poopooing my Deandre idea, but if the Mavs don't draft a center, then they'll have few options this summer to upgrade.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:15 PM   #139
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
No one outside of George, Gordon, and Capela (assuming Rockets are deadset on Lebron, we may be able to steal Capela if we get an offer sheet in quick enough) is worth pursuing.
Remember though that beggars can rarely be choosers. Just getting someone interested in coming to a medium-sized market, rebuilding team is a tough task.

That's why I'd rather blow everything trying to get another high pick versus relying on another summer FA disappointment.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:41 PM   #140
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Remember though that beggars can rarely be choosers. Just getting someone interested in coming to a medium-sized market, rebuilding team is a tough task.

That's why I'd rather blow everything trying to get another high pick versus relying on another summer FA disappointment.

Completely agree. FA is not looking great. Give up some combination of cap space and the 2019 pick for something (DeRozan or a 2018 pick IMO).
Old 05-21-2018, 12:59 PM   #141
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
100% agreed. Also KAT is not what people have propped him up to be. He was a top 5 worst rim protector statistically last season. He was trash in the playoffs too. I want no part.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:06 PM   #142
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I think KAT, Randle, and a healthy Cousins would all get us to at least 40-44 games. Maybe Jordan too.

If you're looking at $$$, that's a great position to be in. You sell some tickets and people watch more if we're even .500

If you're looking at actually making a splash in the playoffs, it's not great. It's easy to go to a yard sale and get enough talent to scrape the playoffs. It's way harder to go from that to winning playoff series.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-21-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #143
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Mavs draft a Porter, Bridges, Doncic, or Bagley. One of those guys WILL be available. Mavs sign a center. We could definitely be .500 and maybe even grab the 8th spot before being swept.
That last part of being swept was so spot on yet so damn funny.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:35 PM   #144
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Obviously I think most of us here despise DAJ for good reasons, but I would welcome a dominating rebounder/lob finisher for the next 3-4 years, if for no other reason but to help with DSJ's development. I think my preference of the three is in the order of the article: DAJ, Boogie, Randle.
I prefer to win 20 games in the next 3-4 years combined than having that clown on my team.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:41 PM   #145
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I prefer to win 20 games in the next 3-4 years combined than having that clown on my team.
Yes. What an integrity lacking move. No. Fuck him. Wasted our time and then his team left him and he needs to live out his karma.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:51 PM   #146
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I would prefer to win 20 games and stockpile picks and build the right way. Hopefully hit on several picks over the next 2 years and then add a key free agent. A lumbering Center is the last thing we need in a league where people have discovered a 3 point shot is worth more than a 2 point shot.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:54 AM   #147
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
A lumbering Center is the last thing we need in a league where people have discovered a 3 point shot is worth more than a 2 point shot.
ECF
6'10" Hortford vs. 6'9" Tristan Thompson,

WCF
6'10" Capela, vs. 6'7" Green

Those are the centers starting in the ECF and WCF. No team with a seven footer made it out of the conference semis.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:52 AM   #148
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ECF

WCF

Those are the centers starting in the ECF and WCF. No team with a seven footer made it out of the conference semis.
And of those 4 "centers", 2 of them shoot 3+ 3s a game. Man has the league changed...
Old 05-22-2018, 12:32 PM   #149
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
And of those 4 "centers", 2 of them shoot 3+ 3s a game. Man has the league changed...
yes - so if we get a big, then either they at least need to be able to do similar things, or even better is that they'd be good enough punish to punish other teams for going small.

It's interesting to think what would happen if guys like Shaq or Hakeem or Drob were playing in this day and age. Put a 6'7" guy on them and see what would happen. Granted some of them would have a hard time on the defensive end but i don't think you could get away with guarding them with the guys that are running out there to play center nowadays.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:56 PM   #150
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Analysis
It's simple. In 1997 (the year before Dirk was drafted), around 84% of shots were twos (threes only made up around 16% of all FGA). The majority of those (58%) were within three feet. A center inside could contest up to 48.7% of shots by hanging out in or near the paint.

In 2018, only 68.5% of shots were twos (31.5% of shots taken were threes). A reduction in the importance of the mid-range jumper meant that a higher percentage of twos were within three feet (60% of twos), but that only made 41.1% of FGA that were in the paint and thus easily contested by a traditional center.

In addition to threes diminishing the number of shots in the paint that a center could contest, the increasing number of threes also means that more rebounds are ending up further from the basket. Those rebounds depend on high-mobility guards and forwards to rebound, further diminishing the value of the big, lumbering center.

TLDR version:

Since 1997, the number of shots inside that can be contested by a center has shrunk by around 8%
Since 1997 the number of rebounds available inside has shrunk (although there isn't a good stat to track distance from hoop when rebound is secured)
since 1997 the mid-range game has taken a huge hit. Teams are increasingly scoring either inside or outside the three point line.

Disclaimer
Close twos= I added up all shots classified as "dunks", "layups", and "close"
Midrange = I took the total FGA and subtracted shots from behind the arc as well as those classified as "close twos"
My analysis does not account for FTs, since it's impossible to determine where inside the arc the foul took place or even to find an aggregate of where the FTs came from, particularly going back more than five years. We know from experience that players are fouled attempting shots inside the 3pt line more than outside it, but it's hard to do a statistical analysis.

Sources
82games.com
basketballreference.com
nba.com
Graph linked from businessinsider

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-22-2018 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:49 AM   #151
Me.B

Quote:
ECF

WCF

So the most likely scenario might actually be the best one. Bamba goes 2 or 3 followed by Doncic and Bagley. Leaving Jackson at 5. He’s raw but has the potential to be that stretch 5 who also plays good defense. It’s also been reported that the Mavs are definitely in the market for a big in FA. Julius Randle would actually be a good fit next to Jackson. With Dirk and Holger helping Randle he should be able to develop a consistent mid range game. Playing under Carlisle his defense should also improve.

I don’t want to pay Randle max money though. Ideally I’d like him to take less so that the Mavs could also sign Kentavious Caldwell Pope.

A core of:

Jackson
Randle
Barnes
Pope
Dennis

Would not be a bad young core at all. Then you go into the trade deadline or next off season with Wes and JJ expiring. They should be able to flip those two for a draft pick or at worse they can use the cap space.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #152
tap2390
Diamond Member

A fantastic low key move no one is talking about is RC hiring Stephen Silas to replace Melvin Hunt as lead assistant. Here’s a great article about Silas...

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/20/...practices-work
Old 05-27-2018, 12:28 PM   #153
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A fantastic low key move no one is talking about is RC hiring Stephen Silas to replace Melvin Hunt as lead assistant. Here’s a great article about Silas...

My favorite quote from the article, "If Silas has a speciality, it’s player development". While Hunt is/was a good coach I think Silas is an upgrade.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 04:17 PM   #154
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I didn't know much about Silas, but after that article I think he's the perfect guy for this team right now.... Thanks for posting it!

Old 05-27-2018, 05:57 PM   #155
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

But can he dunk and defend the rim?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:24 PM   #156
tap2390
Diamond Member

One crazy idea -- does the emergence of Tatum and Brown make Hayward expendable to the Celtics?

Wes & protected 2019 1st rounder

for

Gordon Hayward

Celtics continue to emphasize development of Tatum and Brown, gain a vet with an expiring contract who fits their squad extremely well (especially with Smart leaving and Irving coming back), and get a 1st round pick.

Mavs absorb the extra $12 million and gain a much need shot creator. This allows the Mavs to stick with a big man in the draft.

Last edited by tap2390; 05-28-2018 at 12:25 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:53 PM   #157
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Not going to happen.

They keep Hayward and ship Brown and Rozier to SA for kawhi

Btw a few here wanted Smart. He just told he is worth more than 12-14m a year...so hell no.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:18 PM   #158
Underdog

Yeah, the value of every Celtic just shot through the roof with this series.

Old 05-29-2018, 07:30 AM   #159
tap2390
Diamond Member

If we don’t have an offer sheet to Capela the first day of free agency we’re doing it wrong. He was by far the best, most versatile defender on the floor in the playoffs. Rockets aren’t a lock to match, especially if they have their sights on Lebron.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:54 AM   #160
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If we don’t have an offer sheet to Capela the first day of free agency we’re doing it wrong. He was by far the best, most versatile defender on the floor in the playoffs. Rockets aren’t a lock to match, especially if they have their sights on Lebron.
Capela's cap hold is only 7m. If 7m was stopping Houston from getting Lebron some other way would be available other than letting a franchise center walk imo.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote