Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-30-2002, 10:23 AM   #1
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Yesterday I go to the preschool to pick up my kids (I have 3 1/2 yr old twin boys). I'm getting their stuff and there's an "incident report" in their box. OK, now days they write a report if your kid sneezes. But, this was no sneeze. Apparently, he rode a trike outside the gate (twice) and when the teacher took the trike away and put it outside the gate my son proceeded to climb the fence. They had to pull him kicking and screaming off the fence. He got put in time out for that and wasn't happy so he threw sand in the teachers face. They had to confine him inside.
What kind of kids am I raising?
Maybe this will help some of you young, single guys remember to use condoms? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2002, 11:04 AM   #2
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a cool kid to me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thank God they didn't have "incident reports" when I was in school.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 11:06 AM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

We got paddles back in the day..actually they were called "licks."
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 11:10 AM   #4
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Maybe I should ask how much extra I'd have to pay to have them just smack him around and not even tell me about it (just kidding).
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 11:43 AM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I was a lickee myself.

I can already tell that when I have kids, Rhylan vs. Texas Public Schools is going to be a clash of the titans.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 12:38 PM   #6
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

marching down to get licks was about a bi-weekly occurance for me. My parents were only notified maybe once or twice a year (of that I was quite thankful).
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 02:22 AM   #7
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

Well, if it makes you feel better....I'll share. I was put under the K-1 teachers desk and she put masking tape over my mouth,(that's before duct tape was popular) and made me sit there until my parents showed up because she pissed me off because she took my baseball glove and put it in the corner,and I bit her. Once I received the wrath of my very angry parents, I never bit another teacher. And I always hid my glove before going to class. Besides the wrath of my parents, I never wanted to sit under that teachers desk with my mouth taped shut again, because she smelled liked a garbage can, a very bad one at that. I learned my lesson. Never did it again. She put the fear in me. I always hid my glove, but to this day never have learned to keep my mouth shut[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Except when it comes to my parents, they taught me respect.