Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-30-2002, 10:32 AM   #1
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

Does anybody know where to pick up a cowboy looking straw hat for cheap? I'm not talking nice at all, I want something I can bend and rough up a little.
Old 08-30-2002, 10:35 AM   #2
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Nellie,

I think the best place for cheap hats is Mexico.

But if that's too far to drive try some of the costume or party shops. They should have their Halloween stuff out by now. You're likely to find a cheap straw hat.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 10:42 AM   #3
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

<< I think the best place for cheap hats is Mexico >>

Uhhh, no thanks.

I was hoping for something in the metroplex.
Old 08-30-2002, 10:54 AM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Hmmmm... straw hats go on sale in the winter b/c they are out of season. I would hold off and get one on sale.

I don't know of a cheap place, though.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 01:02 PM   #5
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

try walmart or kmart.

its about as cheap as its going to get.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 02:02 PM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Got a straw hat right here in the closet. Sell it for $25 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . Not, I never wear it anymore but don't think I'd sell it. Unless for the right price of course [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . Have a black velvet hat too. Never been worn [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] .

Anyway, like Dooby said, wait until winter and straw hats will be much cheaper then.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 05:04 PM   #7
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

what kind of black hat do you have, Rob? want to sell it cheap?

i have one that i wore riding in the rain so many times that it's not nearly as sharp as it used to be. kind of lost it's shape.

anyone know how (where) i could get it restored? it seems to need something more than the typical steam treatment. i'm still a little attached to it, so i hesitate to ship it off anywhere.

as for the straw hat - i agree that Wal-mart is the place to look for a cheapy one.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2002, 06:49 PM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

<< what kind of black hat do you have, Rob? want to sell it cheap? >>

It's an EDDY Bros. Hat. 7-3/8. I've actually been considering selling it but it would come at a price. It was $115 New, and it's never been worn. Still in the original bag. It even has the original box still.

Straw hat is a Stetson JSB(or somethin like that). 7-3/8 aswell.

Old 09-01-2002, 03:05 AM   #9
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

Pardon me if I am not up on my shopping for hats.......but 7 3/8 sounds like a small head.....................and all this time Rob, I thought you had a big one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I guess you can tell I am not from Texas, huh. And I thought gals spent big$$$ on their clothes, that much for a hat? And it's seasonal?

Ok edit...Kat got carried away.
Old 09-01-2002, 08:51 AM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Nah, 7-3/8 is above average. 7-3/8 is actually alittle small for me. I do have a big head but it never gets in the way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2002, 09:51 PM   #11
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Rob, I think your hat will be too big for me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] oh well.

But it's a good thing for it to be a little too small for you! That way, when your riding &quot;hell bent for leather,&quot; it won't fly off and get stomped on by your friend's horse. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]