Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-02-2018, 09:37 AM   #1
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Help or Hurt his draft position????
Luka Doncic
Sporting news is reporting that his agent is saying he won't work out for teams ahead of NBA draft.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...5132824voropvc
IMO in the long run it prolly helps him. The only thing that would make him fall from his current spot would be if he tested poorly at the combine. And of all the guys at the top, the one who imo would be least impressive in individual workouts and drills would be the one with the lowest level of athleticism.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
IMO in the long run it prolly helps him. The only thing that would make him fall from his current spot would be if he tested poorly at the combine. And of all the guys at the top, the one who imo would be least impressive in individual workouts and drills would be the one with the lowest level of athleticism.
Totally agree

He’s a dude like Dirk who gets it done despite his athleticism, not because of it. Workouts tend to overly emphasize the athletic components of a player’s game. Doncic wants teams to focus on how he actually plays with others instead of focusing on his foot speed and verticals

I’m not all that high on him myself— defensively he’s going to be a sieve and he just reminds me of Rubio, who I also don’t like as a player, but dude seems to be making the right call.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-02-2018 at 10:26 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:36 AM   #3
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Totally agree

He’s a dude like Dirk who gets it done despite his athleticism, not because of it. Workouts tend to overly emphasize the athletic components of a player’s game. Doncic wants teams to focus on how he actually plays with others instead of focusing on his foot speed and verticals

I’m not all that high on him myself— defensively he’s going to be a sieve and he just reminds me of Rubio, who I also don’t like as a player, but dude seems to be making the right call.
I don't know a ton about Doncic, but isn't he known as a good shooter? Seems like the opposite of Rubio who can't shoot, but is a pretty good defender (I think).
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:58 AM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I don't know a ton about Doncic, but isn't he known as a good shooter? Seems like the opposite of Rubio who can't shoot, but is a pretty good defender (I think).
shooting 30% from three this year (33% overall), which is almost what Rubio was shooting coming out of Europe

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-02-2018 at 11:59 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote