Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-30-2002, 02:39 PM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

That's the link to Insider today...anyone care to post what the story states?
Old 08-30-2002, 03:18 PM   #2
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

You know Ark, I for one are so tired of the Knicks rumors, the NY press who creates them and the idea to trade Wang, that I for one do not wish to have a link as I will not read the trash....

I am not dissing you here, just the whole darn Knicks mess...They think they can get any trade they want. Just like the damn YANKEES HA HA.......It still amazes me that the Giants don't win the NFL every year because I am sure the NY fans feel it is there right.....
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 03:43 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not want ANYONE from the knicks. Not even for TAW... *shock value*
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 03:53 PM   #4
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

dude, I'm shocked.

there's gotta be somewhat to get Fortson or Dampier from GS rather than go through NY, right?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 06:55 PM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

wasn't this reported in the star-telegram too?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 11:42 PM   #6
Prince of Heck

Prince of Heck is on a distinguished road

<< there's gotta be somewhat to get Fortson or Dampier from GS rather than go through NY, right? >>

What are the scouting reports on Fortson and Dampier? Both appear to be good rebounders, with Dampier being the superior shot blocker. Fortson's FG% had a down year, but his past history suggests that he's better than that.
Prince of Heck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 03:22 AM   #7
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

<< That's the link to Insider today...anyone care to post what the story states? >>

Here ya go:

Aug. 29 - It looks like the Mavs will dump Wang Zhizhi after all. Simon Chen, Wang's advisor, told the Fort Worth Star Telegram that he's &quot;99 percent&quot; sure that Wang won't be playing in Dallas next season. Chan said he believes in the next five to 10 days, the Mavericks will work out a sign-and-trade and ship Wang to either the Warriors, Knicks, Raptors or Magic. Working out a sign-and-trade for Wang will be difficult. If he signed for anything over $2 million, he'd be a base-year compensation player, meaning that the Mavs could only take back half of his salary in any trade. All four of the interested teams have blue collar big men they may be willing to part with in order to get their hands on Wang. It's no secret that the Warriors are shopping Danny Fortson, the Knicks could dangle Kurt Thomas, the Raptors could offer Jerome Williams and the Magic have Horace Grant.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 12:30 PM   #8
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

wang for jerome williams would be good enough for me. He's a banger
Old 08-31-2002, 01:40 PM   #9
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

All named are has-beens, never-weres, or never-gonnabes.

Whatever is motivating Cuban on this Wang trade, must be some big-$$$ thing. Because in terms of basketball talent, he and Nellie are gonna get their asses kicked.
Old 09-01-2002, 12:47 AM   #10
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

I believe that if Mavs are finally FORCED to tarde Wang, he will be part of abigger package that nets us a fair overall return. I do not see Wang walking for nothing it is going to be real hard to tarde just him for one other player, do to the base year player rules involved.

GS as possibilities, NY maybe may yet involve seasttle as part of a Lewis sign and trade....you know it might take 3 or 4 team trade to pull off ....who knows.

I still think MAVS keep wang anmd work out everything with Wang and CBA....
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 02:00 AM   #11
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

After watching Cubes for a couple of years.....

He never lets the &quot;cat&quot; out of the bag to speak. The media never had a clue prior to the trades that happened, the last two big ones, anyway. Well it has been pretty quiet as of late. That makes me think he (Cubes) has somethink going on besides the Rasheed thing. Because we all know that stands a snowball's chance in hell. Cubes is determined to win....anything that's legal could happen, and surprised us all.

I've learned in watching Cubes, it's what you don't hear about, that will happen.

The untradables and untouchables should feel uneasy.
Old 09-01-2002, 11:24 AM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Does this mean you smell Kandi?
Old 09-03-2002, 12:05 PM   #13
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I would make ANY of these trades. Any opportunity we have to add bulk, defense, rebounding, or any of the above and all it costs us is a defensive liability and a few points per game, DO it. We have plenty of scorers.

But man, Knicks fans would destroy Wang.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 01:03 PM   #14
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

<< After watching Cubes for a couple of years.....

I've learned in watching Cubes, it's what you don't hear about, that will happen.

>>

I totally agree. Besides, that's half the fun...not knowing what's going to happen until it happens. It keeps things interesting.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 09:56 AM   #15
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Is anyone catching any buzz about a Wang to Clips deal?
Old 09-05-2002, 10:04 AM   #16
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Buh?

IMO, Clippers would only take Wang if Wang was signed cheap and long-term and they could ship a guy to us whose contract was up soon that they know they could not resign.

I don't see that guy on their roster. Dooling, maybe? I don't see the point. I think people are trying to pidgeonhole Wang anywhere they can in a sign and trade.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 04:12 PM   #17
Chef Ed

Chef Ed is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure that the Maverick's are willing to put themselves in a
possition that will hurt there opportunities in the future to retain the right's of foriegn players. Until Wang gets his house in order, it is apparent the Mav's have backed off of signing, or sign -and trade.
There is something going on, and when I interview with the Mav's Friday, that will be one of the questions..........