Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2014, 09:01 PM   #11
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Houston is falling apart fast. I love it! There's little chance that they can actually match the offer sheet that Parsons has signed with Dallas.

We have a strong starting lineup with Devin Harris, Monta Ellis, Chandler Parsons, Dirk Nowitzki, and Tyson Chandler.

What bugs me though is our bench ATM.

Brandan Wright is coming back and can play the 4/5. Then we have Jae Crowder who can play the 2/3. I can't say I am really excited about any of the other bench guys unless Raymond Felton has a breakout season and stays out of trouble here in Dallas as our backup PG. I wouldn't mind giving PG Gal Mekel and SF Ricky Ledo another chance, but I think they need to develop still. They'll play at the end of games that have already been decided for the most part.

We still have 5 more roster spots, and we can't offer more than the minimum to any of them as far as I know. I don't think we have a MLE. Please say that I am wrong about that. I read the current rules about the MLE here: http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictio...exception.aspx

I don't know where we'd fall if we're eligible.

Will veterans want to sign for the minimum to play with our new starting 5?
Tap them brakes. There's nothing to prevent them matching.

Tags
is this clutchfans.net?, nonclutchfans.net