Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-06-2002, 08:29 AM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

I'm heading down to San Antonio this weekend. Even though I live in Dallas this will be my first trip to the city.
Me and the wife plan on taking in a Cowboys practice on Sunday, but I'm trying to find out some things to do while were there.
We plan on taking in the fine cuisine and night life at the Riverwalk.

We had thought about going to SeaWorld on Saturday.

Just need some ideas..

Thanks..
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2002, 09:01 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

BB- I am trying to find the name of this restraunt I like near downtown. It is a Mexican place in the market. It's awesome. The Riverwalk is ok. Nearby is the Ripleys Museum and Museum of wax and tons of shopping. I hold seasons passes t oSea World. Bring your bathing suit. It has many rides, great shows, and oppotunities to get wet. While there, stop by the Budweiser Beer School. You get a couple of free beers and it's a nice place (and it is air conditioned!!!). If you have time, there is a tour available at the Lone Star brewery that is fun as well. The area around the Alamodome has some nice museums and Expos. The Alamo is a good place to visit as well while there. There are some nice statues in addition to the obvious fort itself. It's a great site. Have a great time.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 09:24 AM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Mi Tierra?

Pulsar

<< If you have time, there is a tour available at the Lone Star brewery that is fun as well. >>

lol...
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 10:39 PM   #4
Princess

Princess is on a distinguished road

I went to Sea World in Orlando a long time ago. It was AWESOME! I have heard the one in SA is good too. Don't miss out on that.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:06 AM   #5
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road

Just got back and the food was excellent.

Tried out Mi Tierra's at Market Square and it was pretty good.

But I enjoyed Casa Rio much better. It's was one of the first restaurants built on the Riverwalk in 1946.
Excellant food and great price. You can actually dine right by the river.

Sea World was worth the money. The shows alone are worth the price of admission. But the coasters are average at best. Though did enjoy the Great White ride. Kind of reminded me of the BatMan ride at Six Flags.
I would recommend only a one time visit, but worth it.

Went to a Cowboys practice on Sunday afternoon. Lets just say it was a mad house, but was able to get good seats. If you plan on going, try and sit near the 30 yard line near the North endzone. Thats where most of action takes place.

All in all, enjoyed San Antonio...great entertainment and very nice people. Great night life on the Riverwalk. Dallas needs to take notice and get something like this near DownTown.

ADIOS San Antonio!!
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote