Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2021, 01:44 PM   #2041
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
TIL not wanting to get disproportionately targeted, shot, and murdered by police officers was a "side" in a political issue.

The blue lives matter crowd isn't tuning into basketball anyways. They're watching NASCAR, spreading COVID disinformation, and banging their cousins.
TDIL that supporting first responders and police officers automatically endears me to other things, whodathought. And before you backtrack, that's essentially the portrait you are painting with that broad brush of yours.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2021, 01:45 PM   #2042
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Lowry wants 3/90. I'm all for realistic spending, but I think I'd pass on that.
Right. If we could do a team option on the 3rd year I would...IF Demar won't come.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:47 PM   #2043
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Back to basketball...

I think the #1 priority would be improving the 2nd and/or 3rd option on this team. At a lot of times last year, THJ was arguably our 2nd option and when KP was healthy and playing well, the 3rd.

If those rumors are to be believed, I would certainly hope THJ is only resigning here to 1) a decent deal for both parties aka not over $20mm annually and 2) as the last move to operate over the cap because we signed another 2nd option type of player a la Derozan or the like.

I could get behind that.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:47 PM   #2044
saclare
Platinum Member

Back to basketball...

I think the #1 priority would be improving the 2nd and/or 3rd option on this team. At a lot of times last year, THJ was arguably our 2nd option and when KP was healthy and playing well, the 3rd.

If those rumors are to be believed, I would certainly hope THJ is only resigning here to 1) a decent deal for both parties aka not over $20mm annually and 2) as the last move to operate over the cap because we signed another 2nd option type of player a la Derozan or the like.

I could get behind that.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:47 PM   #2045
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
TDIL that supporting first responders and police officers automatically endears me to other things, whodathought. And before you backtrack, that's essentially the portrait you are painting with that broad brush of yours.

No backtracking here... if you feel the need to respond to Black Lives Matter with bLuE lIvEs MaTtEr you're an asshole... and statistically more likely to bang your cousin.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:48 PM   #2046
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
TIL not wanting to get disproportionately targeted, shot, and murdered by police officers was a "side" in a political issue.

The blue lives matter crowd isn't tuning into basketball anyways. They're watching NASCAR, spreading COVID disinformation, and banging their cousins.
Lol, while not true, this is dumb.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:49 PM   #2047
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Regardless of what side of whatever political issue you choose, I think the majority of people tune in to entertainment to be ENTERTAINED and enjoy the medium in which they choose to spend their time and entertainment dollars. In that sense, they prefer their entertainment to be apolitical.

This isn't rocket science. Various parts of the country have been under some form of restriction or lockdown for more than 1 year. Of course, in person attendance was pretty much down to zero, but don't you find it the least bit interesting that with so many people stuck at home as a potential captive audience with limited entertainment alternatives that more than a couple of entertainment mediums failed to attract more viewers with some actually losing viewers?
+1

Old 07-26-2021, 01:51 PM   #2048
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
No backtracking here... if you feel the need to respond to Black Lives Matter with bLuE lIvEs MaTtEr you're an asshole... and statistically more likely to bang your cousin.
Then I'm afraid that makes you a stereotypical moron. And you just essentially changed your statement anyway. Of course, if someone can't say that any life matters or counters with another, that's their problem. I think little of all the "movements" today because there's always another force at play.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:00 PM   #2049
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
To the Mavs. Again, this roster can't afford a streaky 1 trick pony. So 12-15m here, but he will get 20m elsewhere. He would be stupid to turn that down elsewhere and we would be stupid to offer it.
Oh I agree with you. I think this is where the league its though. I think the league is full of 1 trick pony streaky shooters. And I also feel in free agency the best the Mavs can hope for is a player of his caliber. That being said, I'd rather go after a cheap streaky shooter than spend that much on Hardaway who may be a better player but offers the same skill.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:01 PM   #2050
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I guess we’ll ignore all context of the last two years of the world pandemic, and ignore that every sport including golf dropped in ratings.
EXACTLY......are we also going to ignore that ratings have been going down even prior to this?
Old 07-26-2021, 02:05 PM   #2051
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Aww you guys are so twitter today. Cute.

Anyway, I agree about getting the elusive 2nd or 3rd option depend on how KP wants to play. I say we focus really hard on a 2nd guy that can truly take the pressure off of Luka. Then KP is 3, and THJ or whatever is 4th and on. Absolutely can't rely on THJ to be a 2nd option like the playoffs. That was a disaster.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-26-2021 at 02:07 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:05 PM   #2052
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-26-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:07 PM   #2053
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Disagree all you want, but I find it more than a bit coincidental the drop in ratings for the NFL, NBA, and now the Olympics. Oh, and Hollywood award show ratings are also at the bottom of the toilet.

While correlation doesn't prove causation, I think it's pretty easy to see the correlation between falling ratings and the increased amount of politics intruding into the various mediums of entertainment.

As far as income goes, the majority of the big dollars NBA teams are earning come from previously signed and negotiated tv deals like the 9-yr ESPN deal for $2.6b which started around 2016 or 2017. If you think those are the numbers that would be bandied about today, then we'll just agree to disagree. No way networks are signing contracts for those numbers in the current climate.
Ratings are down ACROSS The board....Ratings have been declining for some time now. Nevermind, the pandemic, streaming and social media having a big impact on programming. People just don't spend as much time watching TV as they do. And the more time passes by the ratings will CONTINUE To go down.....using social issues or players standing up for social issues as the culprit for why ratings are going down is a fear tactic created by those who don't want to see people do it. Let's call it what it is.

Quote:

Exactly. The NBA knows that crowd doesn't matter to them. ITs why you see them do what they do and why you see the NFL And MLB do what they do....their dollar may be more linked to the good ol' boy crowd.

Quote:
Regardless of what side of whatever political issue you choose, I think the majority of people tune in to entertainment to be ENTERTAINED and enjoy the medium in which they choose to spend their time and entertainment dollars. In that sense, they prefer their entertainment to be apolitical.

This isn't rocket science. Various parts of the country have been under some form of restriction or lockdown for more than 1 year. Of course, in person attendance was pretty much down to zero, but don't you find it the least bit interesting that with so many people stuck at home as a potential captive audience with limited entertainment alternatives that more than a couple of entertainment mediums failed to attract more viewers with some actually losing viewers?
Because due to people being at home there are far more forms of entertainment now. There's podcasts, social media, streaming......there's far more programming on TV and for some people that don't have the time to sit down and watch a game for 3 hours they can just go on Youtube and watch a condensed version of a game in 10 minutes. This makes way more sense than people tuning out because of social issues being incorporated.....those people weren't real fans anyway.

Quote:
Right. If we could do a team option on the 3rd year I would...IF Demar won't come.
Jesus Christ 90 million for Kyle Lowry.....hell nah lol.......Even if it was a 2 year deal Mavs would regret that instantly.

Quote:
Facts
Old 07-26-2021, 02:07 PM   #2054
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Oh I agree with you. I think this is where the league its though. I think the league is full of 1 trick pony streaky shooters. And I also feel in free agency the best the Mavs can hope for is a player of his caliber. That being said, I'd rather go after a cheap streaky shooter than spend that much on Hardaway who may be a better player but offers the same skill.
This option would also give the Mavs an opportunity to go a little younger to get a little cheaper. I'm not saying THJ is old, but I don't think he's clutch, so as streaky as he is, I'd rather find a younger guy who is a streaky shooter who the coaching staff at least has some more time to try and coach into a more multi-tool type player. I really don't think we'd be losing that much if THJ left. Somebody else is going to get those shots, and with as inconsistent as he is, I don't think it'll be too difficult for others to pick up the scoring slack.

Last edited by turin; 07-26-2021 at 02:10 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:09 PM   #2055
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Aww you guys are so twitter today. Cute.

Anyway, I agree about getting the elusive 2nd or 3rd option depend on how KP wants to play. I say we focus really hard on a 2nd guy that can truly take the pressure off of Luka. Then KP is 3, and THJ or whatever is 4th and on. Absolutely can't rely on THJ to be a 2nd option like the playoffs. That was a disaster.
If the Mavs do what they are suppose to do.....KP is going to be the 2nd option regardless. None of these free agents are coming here and taking touches from KP.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:11 PM   #2056
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
This option would also give the Mavs an opportunity to go a little younger to get a little cheaper. I'm not saying THJ is old, but I don't think he's clutch, so as streaky as he is, I'd rather find a younger guy who is a streaky shooter who the coaching staff at least has some more time to try and coach into a more multi-tool type player. I really don't think we'd be losing that much if THJ left. Somebody else is going to get those shots, and with as inconsistent as he is, I don't think it'll be too difficult for others to pick up the scoring slack.
Oh I agree. I'm not really familiar with the free agency class.........

Not sure if guys remember but when we signed OJ Mayo and Monta Ellis(I forget at times they were here)....I'd be fine with guys of those caliber being signed. I think we got Monta cheaper than what he should've got but I'd take a OJ Mayo signing. A young ex lottery pick looking for a change of scenery.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:12 PM   #2057
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
If the Mavs do what they are suppose to do.....KP is going to be the 2nd option regardless. None of these free agents are coming here and taking touches from KP.
Good point that hasn't really been stated enough. This point underscores why Demar is my top choice atm. Let THJ go, sign Demar, and see if KP can step up and be a legimate #2 in an offense that should be more tailored to his skill set.

Last edited by turin; 07-26-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:18 PM   #2058
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Oh I agree. I'm not really familiar with the free agency class.........

Not sure if guys remember but when we signed OJ Mayo and Monta Ellis(I forget at times they were here)....I'd be fine with guys of those caliber being signed. I think we got Monta cheaper than what he should've got but I'd take a OJ Mayo signing. A young ex lottery pick looking for a change of scenery.
exactly
Old 07-26-2021, 02:31 PM   #2059
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Good point that hasn't really been stated enough. This point underscores why Demar is my top choice atm. Let THJ go, sign Demar, and see if KP can step up and be a legimate #2 in an offense that should be more tailored to his skill set.
Yeah I've come to grips with this recently. It sounds great to get a big time talent and slide KP down as the 3rd option....but fact is, that's probably not realistic.

I think we are looking to improve our #3rd option.

This team spent a lot on KP from draft picks and salary. And most of us fans felt great about that just a year ago as did this front office and IMO, they should still ok with that. Let's fix this situation with KP. Because as crazy as it sounds, I think how far this team goes depends on KP.
Old 07-26-2021, 02:34 PM   #2060
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly why I think he will get moved.

This supposed 2nd option was a virtual no show in the POs, so if he continues to be considered in that role, I don't see how anyone can expect anything different next season unless he reconsiders his role.

KP could possibly become a legit 2nd option if he ever stops considering himself as a #1 option like he was in NY.

That's the way I see it.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 02:51 PM   #2061
SMC0007
Guru

Nico Harrison interviewed on the ticket a bit ago. Whoo boy. Very ellusive about whether or not Poker Bob is an employee. Lol. It was like pulling teeth to get any info from him about it and it was awkward that given the lack of insight he didn't just shut them down like Cuban did. Anyway, he basically said the roster is good, he's focused on free agency and the draft but likes the roster. First impressions of him so far between the presser and this interview today is that he's super green and really gave the same exact answer that Donnie gives. I can't say that I'm impressed so far and it will have to be proven that he has the ability to blow FAs away with behind closed door meetings. Gotta hope for the best though.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:05 PM   #2062
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Nico Harrison interviewed on the ticket a bit ago. Whoo boy. Very ellusive about whether or not Poker Bob is an employee. Lol. It was like pulling teeth to get any info from him about it and it was awkward that given the lack of insight he didn't just shut them down like Cuban did. Anyway, he basically said the roster is good, he's focused on free agency and the draft but likes the roster. First impressions of him so far between the presser and this interview today is that he's super green and really gave the same exact answer that Donnie gives. I can't say that I'm impressed so far and it will have to be proven that he has the ability to blow FAs away with behind closed door meetings. Gotta hope for the best though.
I think there's only so much Nico can do. At the end of the day a free agent is going to go where he wants. Whether its to come play with Luka, play for Cuban or whoever.....these guys know what they want to do and figure out prior to the start of the offseason.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:06 PM   #2063
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Exactly why I think he will get moved.

This supposed 2nd option was a virtual no show in the POs, so if he continues to be considered in that role, I don't see how anyone can expect anything different next season unless he reconsiders his role.

KP could possibly become a legit 2nd option if he ever stops considering himself as a #1 option like he was in NY.

That's the way I see it.
That is a possibility too. I just don't know what they'd get in return for him. I feel like teams would be buying low to try to get him.

I personally feel like there's enough here for Luka to be 1a and KP to be 1b. That's if that's NY KP we are getting. I've seen him take over games before. I don't know where that guy is at.
Old 07-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #2064
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Grizz strike gold again. Imagine if we built around Luka the way they do around Ja.

Jonas (1 year, $14 million)
2021 #17
2021 #51

for

Steven Adams (2 years, $17 million)
Eric Bledsoe (2 years, $18 million)
2021 #10
2021 #40
2022 Lakers 1st rounder (protected)
Old 07-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #2065
tap2390
Diamond Member

Grizz strike gold again. Imagine if we built around Luka the way they do around Ja.

2021 #17
2021 #51

for

2021 #10
2021 #40
Old 07-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #2066
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I think there's only so much Nico can do. At the end of the day a free agent is going to go where he wants. Whether its to come play with Luka, play for Cuban or whoever.....these guys know what they want to do and figure out prior to the start of the offseason.
Thats just one portion of GM. Some FAs know where they want to go right off because of money or roster, but there's going to be guys who don't have that clear of a path and a successful meeting can be crucial to their decision. Deron Williams had a poor meeting with Dallas, Cuban wasn't even there and it didn't seem organized.

I'm just going based off my impressions of the 2 times he's been in the public eye and answered questions. He could be killer behind closed doors in face to face meetings.

Saying you like the roster to a fanbase that's been here enduring these types of comments while flailing in FA isn't a smart move. The roster needs big help and Ray Charles could see that. I wouldn't want to come out publicly saying things that the people know damn well has been an issue for a while.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:43 PM   #2067
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

2021 #17
2021 #51

for

2021 #10
2021 #40
Is that striking gold though?

Old 07-26-2021, 03:43 PM   #2068
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

2021 #17
2021 #51

for

2021 #10
2021 #40
Wow, teams creating cap space prior to FA? Whoulda thunk?

Old 07-26-2021, 03:53 PM   #2069
tap2390
Diamond Member

Josh Green started for Australia, played 6 minutes, had two rebound and two steals, but missed his only shot.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:01 PM   #2070
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:

2021 #17
2021 #51

for

2021 #10
2021 #40
I'm so confused by this deal lol...I'd much rather have Jonas and the #17th pick then Adams, Bledsoe and the #10 pick.....this must be about the Grizzlies not thinking they can re-sign Jonas?
Old 07-26-2021, 04:02 PM   #2071
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
It looks like they got worse to me.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:16 PM   #2072
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
It looks like they got worse to me.
Definitely doesn't look like gold

Old 07-26-2021, 04:19 PM   #2073
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I’m confused on that as well. 2 shit contracts, a 2nd rnd pick, and what will likely be a late 1st rnd pick (Lakers pick).
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:20 PM   #2074
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Bobby Marks: Because of the salary involved with all three players, this is the type of trade that cannot be finalized until August 6. The Grizzlies would need to decline the team option of Justise Winslow to make the money work and take Adams and Bledsoe back into room. – via Twitter BobbyMarks42
Old 07-26-2021, 04:20 PM   #2075
BPo001
Diamond Member

Not big news, but good to hear KP is training in Dallas right now

Brad Townsend: On 105.3 FM The Fan, Jason Kidd says Porzingis “was in the gym today” and that “talking to him, he’s really excited.” Presumably that means he’s in Dallas and that they spoke face to face at the team’s BioSteel training facility. – via Twitter townbrad

Last edited by BPo001; 07-26-2021 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:40 PM   #2076
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't mind if we ended up with Winslow.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:54 PM   #2077
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why would you ignore it? That's pretty stupid. It's an obvious correlation, but correlation does not prove causation, but neither is it a reason to summarily dismiss something as a non-factor, and anybody who has been paying attention would laugh if you said politics were a non-factor.
No you just ignore it
Old 07-26-2021, 05:07 PM   #2078
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
No you just ignore it
Originally Posted by turin
"Regardless of what side of whatever political issue you choose, I think the majority of people tune in to entertainment to be ENTERTAINED and enjoy the medium in which they choose to spend their time and entertainment dollars. In that sense, they prefer their entertainment to be apolitical.

This isn't rocket science. Various parts of the country have been under some form of restriction or lockdown for more than 1 year. Of course, in person attendance was pretty much down to zero, but don't you find it the least bit interesting that with so many people stuck at home as a potential captive audience with limited entertainment alternatives that more than a couple of entertainment mediums failed to attract more viewers with some actually losing viewers?"

If you say so. #ReadingComprehensionFTW

Last edited by turin; 07-26-2021 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:04 PM   #2079
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Bobby Marks: Because of the salary involved with all three players, this is the type of trade that cannot be finalized until August 6. The Grizzlies would need to decline the team option of Justise Winslow to make the money work and take Adams and Bledsoe back into room. – via Twitter BobbyMarks42
Hmmmm...Justice Winslow......that's a player I wouldn't mind seeing here.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:16 PM   #2080
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

If Eric Bledsoe is a rumor.....that's disgusting but if he wants to come off the bench and for cheap I could get behind.

Tags
jack.kerr aucks