Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-20-2003, 02:47 PM   #1
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

ok since eveyone is wondering where to go to get that inside scorer, then why not go to the timberwolves? trade finley,lafrentz, and a 1 round pick to the t'wolves for garnett!? garnett is the player we need and most likely that trade would happen. the t'wolves suck and they need a shooter and a big man to replace garnett so it woudl work out and it does makes sense. so do ya'll agree?
Old 01-20-2003, 02:48 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The T-puppies will never trade Garnett.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:49 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to mention that the BYC1 status for Raef pretty much kills any deal involving him.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:50 PM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The Wolves aren't going to trade Garnett. The guy is still young and they can always get lucky in the draft or free agency and gain another supplemental star. Then they will be back in the thick of things.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:53 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

If McHale ever gets drunk enough to offer Garnett for Raef, we need to take him up on the offer immediately before he can sober up. But I doubt if there is enough alchol in Minnesota and Texas to get him that drunk. But we can always dream. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2003, 03:37 PM   #6
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

i dont think its quite hard to get the T-Puppies to agree trading KG,adlist its not as hard as it used to be.
the're very disapointed with him not taking more shots and the game on himself,and with that,they keep droping on the first round.
they need an overall and they know it,but a deal like you proposed would'nt fly,if you want KG first of all,you'll need to offer a superstar,like AI or Kobe,Dirk,C-Webb,you get the picture,giving petty all-start(sorry mike) and over paid PF/C would'nt do the trick.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 04:12 PM   #7
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The Twolves would have to miss the playoffs three years in a row before they decide to blow it up and trade KG. Can't see it yet but a trade could happen in three or four years of Twolve ineffectiveness!
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 04:13 PM   #8
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

OH yeah hold on with draft picks remember Joe Smith debacle the wolves only have one first round draft pick in the next five years. So if they suck for three years they can't retool in the draft.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 05:10 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

If Cubes ever gets drunk enough to trade Dirk for KG we need to shoot him before he can make the trade. I love KG, but Dirk is too high a price. Especially with him coming back to bite you in the arse at least 4 times per year. IMO no way.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:30 PM   #10
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< OH yeah hold on with draft picks remember Joe Smith debacle the wolves only have one first round draft pick in the next five years. So if they suck for three years they can't retool in the draft. >>

They got back one or two of the draft picks. Besides you can always &quot;buy&quot; a first rounder - that was the technique that we used to get Donnell Harvey - we bought the pick from New York.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 05:55 PM   #11
centrlpark08

ok i've been hearing that the t'wolves wont resign garnett and that they wont get anywhere if they dont move him. i heard that dallas would send them van exel, lafrentz, and some other player along with a pick to the wolves for garnett and peeler? now theres news..
Old 01-20-2003, 06:02 PM   #12
LRB
Guru

<< ok i've been hearing that the t'wolves wont resign garnett and that they wont get anywhere if they dont move him. i heard that dallas would send them van exel, lafrentz, and some other player along with a pick to the wolves for garnett and peeler? now theres news.. >>

I'd do that trade and think it would be good for the Mavs, but I don't see why the Twolves would pull the trigger unless Dirk was the other player.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:27 PM   #13
centrlpark08

ok the t'wolves are at the part where terrel brandon is probably done and garnett is trying to keep the teams hopes alive for the playoffs and wally is trying to find his strokes. if the t'wolves are out of the playoff race by mid feb, then there will be a deal but the only team that has the players and the money to do it is the mavs. they know they wont even make it past the second round and they know that they might not get garnett resigned later so why waste time keepign the guy around a team thats going down hill? i think the deal is worth it, garnett would get another chance to get past the second round and do it with the mavs and the t'wolves would do much better without him. they wuold get lafrentz and van exel, they need a point and van exel could average maybe 20 points a game for them? and lafrentz would maybe feel more comfortable there then in dallas and plus he could play the way he should have played when he was drafted? so i'm hoping that they make a trade before the deadline.
the sacremento kings have tons of players who could be starters on other teams. i dont think the mavs will make it past the second round again this season if they dont trade. we'll just have to wait till feb 20th to see what happens.