Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2006, 08:20 AM   #1
Pirate

Pirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to allPirate is a name known to all
Default Recap: The entertainment of the Josh Howard Contract thread

For pure entertainment value, it's been a long time since I have seen a thread on a discussion board as fun as the Josh Howard Contract thread.

A newbie pontificating. Lunacy trying to disguise itself as genius. Regulars reacting to the spewing of idiocy with bombs. Barbs so amazing that they each deserve their own spotlight, yet so many of them they get lost in a thread that long.

To make sure those entertaining contributions don't get buried, I'm offering here a recap of the most outrageous and interesting things in that thread from all parties. (The argument and debate points will not be the focus - just the things that made me go "I can't believe I just read that" in a positive or negative way.)

This is only a limited recap yet it will probably be quite long, which is a testament to the wealth of idiocy, creativity and wit seen in only one thread.

Apologies to those who were so creative, since I didnt take the time to name each poster who wrote the words. If you said something clever and I didn't include it, added mea culpa's - there was no intent to shortchange anyone. It's a lot to wade through, and there was so much worth noting, that I am certain I will accidentally miss something.

I have delineated the pontificator's words with a ">" and the others are responses. It's all in chronological sequence. I've added context where I felt it would be helpful. Most of the statements speak for themselves quite well, however.

We'll do this in installments. It will take several to get it all in here without the individual posts being outrageously cumbersome, I think.

And I suspect there will be things you see here that you overlooked the first time and go "whoa" or "wow" or want to highlight or react to. I'd encourage you as you read this to withhold your replies until all the installments are completed. Then have at it.

I hope this ends up as fun to read, as it was for me in going back through that long thread and copying diamond after diamond. It was incredibly good stuff you guys wrote.

Enjoy.

Tags
classic threads, josh howard