Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-23-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute
Default You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

We all saw that bullshit new power rankings in which the suns get the top spot, and the mavs get the #2. That is bullshit. I would completely agree with them if the mavs had lost a game, but we didn't. We have kept on playing we have been #1 for 2 weeks straight. All this suns love is getting annoying, but sure let all those bandwagon idiots hop on board, just wait till they get disappointed by the mavs again this year. Anyway thats all i really had, it just annoys me that the suns are constantly on the front page of espn.com or at the very least the front of nba.espn.com. But i guess i was pissed because we have not lost a game, neither have the suns? but somehow they are better. i hate the media. Also, lets not forget that like 90 page article from bill simmons talking about how deep the sun's c*cks are in his mouth.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
Lwin

Lwin is on a distinguished road

The Mavs have been the featured article on ESPN/NBA ESPN a bit more than the Suns have.
Lwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX

Naked Midgets?
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

It grinds my gears when they arent naked
Old 01-23-2007, 03:26 PM   #5
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

ESPN has them ranked no. 1. who cares what your ranking is midseason?
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:39 PM   #6
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Hollinger's daily formula had them ranked two. Everyone else who does a weekly ranking including ESPN's Stein has them ranked one.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:59 PM   #7
Joey

Joey will become famous soon enoughJoey will become famous soon enough

If hollinger would include an actual win/loss record IN his formula then I would give it creedance. The problem with his formula is that PHX will always be number one because it puts so much weight on points scored. It doesn't matter that their opponents score over 100 a game because they average 120 (*Just throwing numbers...not actual stats...*) then according to his formula they are scoring more and outscoring their opponents by 20 points. Well hold on a second...If the Mavs score 95 but are holding their opponents to 83 then I believe that is a tougher feat to accomplish and thus making them the better team. Or what if Hollinger put in RECORD vs. OPPONENTS IN TOP 5...PHX is 0-2 against the Mavs.

He's got some BCS formula going on there and it is all kinds of flawed.
There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that his ship has sailed and that only a fool would continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool. ~Big Fish
Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:37 PM   #8
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
If hollinger would include an actual win/loss record IN his formula then I would give it creedance. The problem with his formula is that PHX will always be number one because it puts so much weight on points scored. It doesn't matter that their opponents score over 100 a game because they average 120 (*Just throwing numbers...not actual stats...*) then according to his formula they are scoring more and outscoring their opponents by 20 points. Well hold on a second...If the Mavs score 95 but are holding their opponents to 83 then I believe that is a tougher feat to accomplish and thus making them the better team. Or what if Hollinger put in RECORD vs. OPPONENTS IN TOP 5...PHX is 0-2 against the Mavs.

He's got some BCS formula going on there and it is all kinds of flawed.
Finally a decent response to my original post. You are right, the other idiots are well....idiots. I am giving you rep.

Its so easy to love the suns, they have back to back MVP of the league Steve Nash, the score a lot of points, and when they do score its all the flashy ally-oop dunks, and no look behind the back passes and such. Too bad they don’t teach defense.

Also, I guess nobody caught my Family Guy reference with the title of my thread.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #9
WurzburgBorn

WurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to allWurzburgBorn is a name known to all

Quote:
Also, I guess nobody caught my Family Guy reference with the title of my thread.
Oh yeah, the little segment Peter had on the news
WurzburgBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:08 PM   #10
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Just let Gil do his thing tonight, he'll take care of it.

Free League Pass all week, and I'm enjoying it.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #11
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Ah, he's obviously playing favorites. Don't get your fathers ruffled.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:24 PM   #12
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Finally a decent response to my original post. You are right, the other idiots are well....idiots. I am giving you rep.

Its so easy to love the suns, they have back to back MVP of the league Steve Nash, the score a lot of points, and when they do score its all the flashy ally-oop dunks, and no look behind the back passes and such. Too bad they don’t teach defense.

There's one in your sig too.

"You America, **** YOU!"
Old 01-23-2007, 07:37 PM   #13
MavsX
Diamond Member

ugh go mavs?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #14
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

It's a formula. Why don't you explain what you find unfair about it? There is a strength of schedule component, both overall and recent. I'm also interested in why holding a team to fewer total points while scoring less total points and having a smaller point differential is "harder". Both teams dictate their own pace, that's what makes them special.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:14 PM   #15
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

You know what really grinds MY gears? When you can't find the droids you're looking for.

Anyway, Hollinger's formulas put way too much emphasis on margin of victory, which with a team like the Suns which is so dependent on blowing teams out, will badly inflate their value. It doesn't phase me all that much, because it should be obvious to any fan of the NBA that actually watches games who the #1 team is. The Suns are 0-5 against the Mavs, Lakers, Spurs, and Jazz. That's all I need to hear.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:18 PM   #16
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Hey MavsX, the only thing that matters is that to us, Mavs Fans, is that Dallas is the no. 1. Who cares what the media thinks? Theyre all bandwagon hoppers thats why theyre called THE MEDIA. Anyhoo, it does bother me that a team with such weak defense is at top but its alright, as long as I know who the real no.1 should be. And that our team, the Mavericks, and not the Feenin Sons.

Our defense will overshadow their uptempo style of play, and that same defense is our key to getting the trophy. Bookit!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #17
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
That was my first thought, I thought this thread was going to be all about Family Guy.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #18
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

^^ Yeah I didnt catch that. Clever.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #19
MavsX
Diamond Member

dammit!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #20
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #21
MavsX
Diamond Member

lets move this into the lounge area please.

also, i just called comcast. If you push 0 to try and skip all the BS, it says "i'm sorry, i do not understand that request"..

well that really grinds my gears. Why can't pushing zero get someone on the G D phone. Also, i really think its annoying to call comcast and have shaq and ben stein answer the phone

/rant
Old 03-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #22
MavsX
Diamond Member

thanks for moving the thread Mary ?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #23
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
thanks for moving the thread Mary ?
you're welcome?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #24
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
you're welcome?
i'm ron burgundy?
Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #25
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
i'm ron jeremy?
and a handsome devil indeed

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 03-25-2010 at 03:55 PM.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:54 PM   #26
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
and a handsome devil indeed
i was going to say thanks buddy. But then i saw it was edited by U2...so who knows what you wrote lol
Old 03-26-2010, 01:10 AM   #27
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
friction without lubrication?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #28
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
friction without lubrication?
that's what she said..wait