Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-21-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Battle Of Our Music

There is one thing that everyone here has in common and that is our love of the Mavs, after that, from political views to taste in music, we have a very wide range of feelings and beliefs.

I thought we could try a Battle of our Music Contest, where songs are pitted against each other, and the members of Dallas-Mavs.com choose the winner each week.

The winner each week will face a new challenger every week and if a song wins three times in a row it will be retired to the D-M.C wall of honor!

To listen to each song just click on the album cover, after you have listened to both songs just place a check mark in the box below the album cover you liked best. Then hit the submit button.

To play just click on the band below it will take you to the stage of the Battle Of Our Music and vote for your favorite, remember to hit the submit button to place your vote.

First up (taken from another thread is U2sarajervo with Swithfoot's Always (2009) vs Windmill360 with the Deftone's Change (in the house of flies [2002])

To have one of your songs in the battle just post it in a reply.

http://markmarsha.homestead.com/BattleOfTheMusic.html
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Moody Blues "The Afternoon"
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Afi - "Beautiful Thieves"
I think that song is a good representation of the quality work that band has been putting out for years. Kind of the culmination of where the group is going in their post-hardcore albums.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

haha this is cool. Did you make this yourself?

I want to submit this song:
'All the same' by Josh Homme and Nick Oliveri.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #5
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
haha this is cool. Did you make this yourself?

I want to submit this song:
'All the same' by Josh Homme and Nick Oliveri.
Yep did this all myself. I must tell you as of now you are in the lead with Change. I guess we will let these run for 5 to 7 days then start a new contest.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

What an awesome idea. And the album cover effects look really cool on hello hurricane....

I had never heard the song that Windmill picked, but I like it. I still love my song though, although I think from that album now I'm hooked on The Sound. That whole album is quality though.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 02-22-2010 at 09:59 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

How obscure can the songs be? I mean, I'd use something you can find on Itunes.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
left texas
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
How obscure can the songs be? I mean, I'd use something you can find on Itunes.
ha ha both these are on itunes. Hey, listening to music you are not familiar with can lead you to some pretty good tunes.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #9
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

May i chime in here ? Does anyone know "Memo Gonzales & the Bluescasters". The fat one is from Texas and i attended a concert @ the Landhaus Walter in Hamburg.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #10
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Richard Swift - The First Time

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-03-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: change of mind of which Swift song I wanted....
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #11
left texas
Golden Member

We have our first winner and it is Windmill360. This week his Deftone's Change (in the house of flies [2002]) will take on mavsfan1000's Tuesday Afternoon (1968) by the Moody Blues.

Please just vote one time to make this fair.

Just click on the band to listen and vote.

Last edited by left texas; 02-27-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #12
left texas
Golden Member

One day left to vote for Mavsfan1000 or Windmill360. Listen, cast your vote.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:33 AM   #13
left texas
Golden Member

Windmill360 defeated mavsfan1000 by one vote! With a win this week Windmill will reach the Wall Of Honor. He will be facing rmacomic with Crash's Beautiful Thieves. These are two really cool songs and should be another close contest.

To go listen and vote, just click on the band.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #14
left texas
Golden Member

Go Mavs!! This thread is done due to (what should I call it) lack of interest. Goodbye. We will call Windmill the winner.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #15
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

I was keeping track of it but yeah maybe time for a new song from Windmill. We'll say you win twice and go to a new song.
Flaming Lips - Do You Realize. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zYOKFjpm9s

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 03-08-2010 at 09:27 PM.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote