Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-13-2004, 04:12 PM   #81
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Surprise.....Civil suit filed against Kobe.....

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: LakerMania
Quote:
Originally posted by: sturm und drang

I thought Kobe was on trial, not the victim? Oh, that's right: it's a rape trial. Vinnieponte has a point – albeit not the point he meant to make.

I thought the defendant was innocent until proven guilty? If she's already "the victim" then Kobe is already guilty. Oh that's right: he's a black man and she's a white girl.
That she is a victim does not mean that Kobe is guilty. It is well documented that she received trama to her sexual organs. So she is definitely a victim of that trama.
That's about the lamest excuse I have ever heard so far. With that, you could just as well say that Kobe is "the victim" because of the monetary loss the encounter between him and this girl has cost him. I think most rational people can decipher what the use of the word "victim" really means here. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2004, 04:29 PM   #82
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I thought Kobe was on trial, not the victim? Oh, that's right: it's a rape trial. Vinnieponte has a point – albeit not the point he meant to make.

I thought the defendant was innocent until proven guilty? If she's already "the victim" then Kobe is already guilty. Oh that's right: he's a black man and she's a white girl.
That she is a victim does not mean that Kobe is guilty. It is well documented that she received trama to her sexual organs. So she is definitely a victim of that trama.

That's about the lamest excuse I have ever heard so far. With that, you could just as well say that Kobe is "the victim" because of the monetary loss the encounter between him and this girl has cost him. I think most rational people can decipher what the use of the word "victim" really means here. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]

Actually there has been enough evidence legally documented to bring charges for a crime of rape. There is not evenoug evidence legally documented to show any crime has been commited against Kobe. There may be at some time in the future, and yes then Kobe would be entitled to the title of victim. However that time is not now. Most rational people can discern the term vicitm here. Heck even Kobe's lawyers can discern it. One of their main strategies is to try and cast doubt that the damage was done by someone else. When there is strong evidence that a crime was commited, and there is in this case, then the girl deserves the right to be called the victim. That doesn't mean that Kobe is automatically presumed guilty. It's just that the girl is not automatically presumed guilty of lying or falsefying her rape. That there was physical damage to here of a sexual nature is an undisputed fact in this case. Who did it may be disputed, but not that it was done.

Old 08-13-2004, 04:48 PM   #83
LakerMania

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually there has been enough evidence legally documented to bring charges for a crime of rape. There is not evenoug evidence legally documented to show any crime has been commited against Kobe. There may be at some time in the future, and yes then Kobe would be entitled to the title of victim. However that time is not now. Most rational people can discern the term vicitm here. Heck even Kobe's lawyers can discern it. One of their main strategies is to try and cast doubt that the damage was done by someone else. When there is strong evidence that a crime was commited, and there is in this case, then the girl deserves the right to be called the victim. That doesn't mean that Kobe is automatically presumed guilty. It's just that the girl is not automatically presumed guilty of lying or falsefying her rape. That there was physical damage to here of a sexual nature is an undisputed fact in this case. Who did it may be disputed, but not that it was done.
This is just horrible. By the same token you could call a person a victim if they had rug burns due to rough sex or some scratches on their neck due to rough sex. I don't think anyone not involved in the case knows as of yet the exact amount of trauma she received. We do know however that she did not feel she needed to go to a hospital after her encounter with Kobe. We also know that there was not enough discomfort down there to prevent her from having sex with another person after being with Kobe.
The labeling of her as a victim is as wrong as me saying that Kobe is the victim.

Shaq
Old 08-13-2004, 07:23 PM   #84
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

This is just horrible. By the same token you could call a person a victim if they had rug burns due to rough sex or some scratches on their neck due to rough sex. I don't think anyone not involved in the case knows as of yet the exact amount of trauma she received. We do know however that she did not feel she needed to go to a hospital after her encounter with Kobe. We also know that there was not enough discomfort down there to prevent her from having sex with another person after being with Kobe.
The labeling of her as a victim is as wrong as me saying that Kobe is the victim.
1st of all you statement is highly sexist and misogynistic. It's incredible the lack of respect that you show for women in general especially those who have been sexually abused, violated, and raped. God forbid that any woman close to you gets raped. You'd brobably just say "Get over it, I'm not going to belive a word out of your mouth until a jury finds you truthful. In fact, I won't even wait for that. The 1st rumor that I hear that leads me to believe you wrong will irrevocably decide me against you."

Now in this young lady's case there was sufficient evidence that rape was commited to justify bringing the accused to trial. All but the most hardened misogynists would give this young lady at least a modicum of respect and civility until it was proven beyond a reseaonable doubt that she was lying. That would mean that they would at the very least listen to her side and honestly evaluate her side for truthfulness. However, you seem inclined to wait for her side to be told before making your rash and hateful judgements of her. Shame on you.

You have the audacity to make the most moronic and hateful of statements: "We also know that there was not enough discomfort down there to prevent her from having sex with another person after being with Kobe." This is an out and out lie. And you should be ashamed for espousing something like that unless you personally slept with her during the time frame in question, which I highly doubt. Accusations have been made that this was the case. However this is far from being conclusively proven. In fact the possibility is still to be conclusively proven. The young woman and the prosecution have been given no opportunity to respond publicly to these accusation. And yet biggoted fools like yourself insist in a public character assasination of a woman whose only offense has been to accuse the superstar on your basketball team of raping her. You owe her and the entire world a humble apology for you atrocious and unconscionable behavior.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:04 PM   #85
LakerMania

Quote:
Quote:

1st of all you statement is highly sexist and misogynistic. It's incredible the lack of respect that you show for women in general especially those who have been sexually abused, violated, and raped. God forbid that any woman close to you gets raped. You'd brobably just say "Get over it, I'm not going to belive a word out of your mouth until a jury finds you truthful. In fact, I won't even wait for that. The 1st rumor that I hear that leads me to believe you wrong will irrevocably decide me against you."

Now in this young lady's case there was sufficient evidence that rape was commited to justify bringing the accused to trial. All but the most hardened misogynists would give this young lady at least a modicum of respect and civility until it was proven beyond a reseaonable doubt that she was lying. That would mean that they would at the very least listen to her side and honestly evaluate her side for truthfulness. However, you seem inclined to wait for her side to be told before making your rash and hateful judgements of her. Shame on you.

You have the audacity to make the most moronic and hateful of statements: "We also know that there was not enough discomfort down there to prevent her from having sex with another person after being with Kobe." This is an out and out lie. And you should be ashamed for espousing something like that unless you personally slept with her during the time frame in question, which I highly doubt. Accusations have been made that this was the case. However this is far from being conclusively proven. In fact the possibility is still to be conclusively proven. The young woman and the prosecution have been given no opportunity to respond publicly to these accusation. And yet biggoted fools like yourself insist in a public character assasination of a woman whose only offense has been to accuse the superstar on your basketball team of raping her. You owe her and the entire world a humble apology for you atrocious and unconscionable behavior.

That was an absolutely pathetic rant. I'm not sure if even you could swallow that total piece of garbage once you have come down from your wild-eyed, lathered up state.

I loved this part best.

Quote:
You have the audacity to make the most moronic and hateful of statements: "We also know that there was not enough discomfort down there to prevent her from having sex with another person after being with Kobe." This is an out and out lie.
It is a fact. A fact that there was not enough discomfort in her area to prevent her from having sex soon after allegedly being raped by Kobe. This has already been established, unless the semen found in her panties was planted. How you could even bring up this point for debate is just an example of how much you love to hear yourself ramble on. How you could say this is a lie is just plain sad. Nobody knows how much discomfort, if any, she felt except her but the FACT is it wasn't enough to prevent her from having sex soon after being with Kobe, Why? Because she did, plain and simple.

Shaq
Old 08-13-2004, 11:11 PM   #86
KennyDirk

KennyDirk is on a distinguished road

hey Lakermania...quick question...lets say ur sister, gf, ex-wife, or whatever alleges ur fav star raped her...would u call her a victim or skank? or star victim or skank? lets say u love her dearly, but she also has a past of sleeping with others, again call your flesh and blood skanky?

No alterior motives here, just an honest opinionated question, would love to know.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:36 AM   #87
LRB
Guru

Quote:
It is a fact. A fact that there was not enough discomfort in her area to prevent her from having sex soon after allegedly being raped by Kobe. This has already been established, unless the semen found in her panties was planted. How you could even bring up this point for debate is just an example of how much you love to hear yourself ramble on. How you could say this is a lie is just plain sad. Nobody knows how much discomfort, if any, she felt except her but the FACT is it wasn't enough to prevent her from having sex soon after being with Kobe, Why? Because she did, plain and simple.
This is in no way, shape, nor form an established fact that she had sex after the alledged rape and before the rape exam. This is pure and simple conjecture based on a single piece of evidence which has a multitude of possible explanations with her having sex in that time frame only one of many explanations which might account for that semen being present on her underwear. Remember it was on her underwear and not inside her that the nonKobe semen was found. Also remember that kobe semen was found inside her. That none of the 2nd semen was found in her is a fact which offers a serious contradictory question to you speculative assumption that she had sex after the alledged rape. That is why is is important to hear all relevant facts before jumping to some prejudiced and uninformed decision which you did. Perhaps your time might be better spent educating yourself further on the differences between fact and conjecture rather that posting uniformed and slanderous statements about women who have said that they have been raped and with whom a grand jury has agreed.