Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-26-2003, 07:29 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kaman out for the season?

When did Polynice join the Clippers? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

The Los Angeles Clippers may be without first-round pick Chris Kaman for the entire preseason due to the 7-foot center's back injury.

Kaman suffered a herniated disk in his lower back sometime during the summer, according to the Los Angeles Times. The former Central Michigan standout continued to experience tightness in his back last month.

Drafted sixth overall by the Clippers last June, Kaman was projected as a possible replacement for Michael Olowokandi as the team's starting center. Free agency saw the Clippers lose three of its starting five in Olowokandi, point guard Andre Miller and small forward Lamar Odom.

Kaman, 21, is listed as day to day, but general manager Elgin Baylor declined to say when Kaman will be ready to play. "It depends on how he's coming along," Baylor told the Times. "It depends on what the doctor and the trainers decide, and how Chris is feeling."

The Clippers' other centers on the roster include Melvin Ely, a 2002 lottery pick also mentioned as a candidate to start, 38-year-old Olden Polynice and Wang Zhizhi.

New head coach Mike Dunleavy called the injury a "setback" for Kaman, who figured to get plenty of playing time in the preseason to prove himself worthy of a starting spot.

Kaman has continued to work out to stay in shape but, under the Clippers' orders, has not played 5-on-5 basketball since mid-August.

"It would put anybody behind the 8-ball, especially someone coming into his first year and not knowing what to expect," Kaman said. "I haven't been able to do anything because they want me to stay away from contact until they know it's good."
Old 09-26-2003, 11:40 PM   #2
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

MFF it´s just "out for the preseason" not the season. He´s listed day to day.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 11:51 PM   #3
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley

Kaman was projected as a possible replacement for Michael Olowokandi as the team's starting center.

Being injured for the season is the equivalent of Olowokandi.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 12:46 AM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Kaman out for the season?

Good catch Fidel.

I swear when I read it on espn, it said season. As I only skimmed the article, I went right over the preseason comment.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:01 AM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Step up, WZZ!
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote