Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #41
C_Man

C_Man can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Wow. Everything about your posting so far has been awful.
Yeah, I should try to be more like you. You're a model poster.
C_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #42
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

I found myself imagining the JET taking that corner 3 instead of Mayo :/ ...Def. miss that dude in a Mavs uniform.

This was a HUGE game and we came up just short. The MAVS really gotta make a run now to have a chance. But I believer there is still chance for both Utah and Houston to slip. GOOO MAVS
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #43
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

We need a good PG, and no Jason Kidd does not fit into the category as of now I am hoping for the ping pong balls. Trey Burke would be awesome.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #44
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

NBA players hit threes at incredible rates when open in a gym, the most elite shooters can daily make 30+ in a row, I'm sure Kobe can make 70-80% of his open threes in a gym at the least
Old 02-25-2013, 12:04 AM   #45
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

All we need is a defensive minded center. Like Tyson Chandler for example. Dallas has always relied on a big man for success. Even Dampier/Diop/Haywood did a decent job for us. We no longer got one. It exposes our weeknesses. And if Marion isn't out there, we got no one to guard the perimeter either.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #46
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
I found myself imagining the JET taking that corner 3 instead of Mayo :/ ...Def. miss that dude in a Mavs uniform.

This was a HUGE game and we came up just short. The MAVS really gotta make a run now to have a chance. But I believer there is still chance for both Utah and Houston to slip. GOOO MAVS
Yea I thought he rushed it and we still had 5 seconds or so.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #47
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a big blame the Refs guy myself.

They fucked us over pretty bad this game.

Several no calls on Dirk, especially from Artest at crucial times. They really blew it on the phantom call Jody meeks got on a 3ptr earlier. They made terrible calls and missed calls in the worst possible times.

We had a chance in the game even tho we fought against odds of beating the whistles and Kobe hitting every wild ass shot he took.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #48
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

But at the end of the day, two under 500 teams going at it. Neither one seem to be of consequence.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #49
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Man View Post
Yeah, I should try to be more like you. You're a model poster.
I'm not a troll... more than I can say for you.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #50
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
But at the end of the day, two under 500 teams going at it. Neither one seem to be of consequence.
That's what I was thinking. The battle for the nine seed. Let em have it.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
This is exactly what i am talking about. Absolutely inexcusable and right there with Avery, when he pulled Kidd.

(ps: Murphy3 gave me a negative rep for it, lol)
Do you think I give a damn if Joshi agrees with anything you have to say?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #52
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Probably insignificant, but most irritating coaching move today was bringing Morrow with 4 secs left down 4 and not with 16 secs left and down 3. I mean, either he's ready and you can throw him in on a possession in which he actually could be useful or don't play him at all.
Completely disagree. It's a win win no matter what. He's a weapon and if by some miracle carter gives it up you get to see how he handles it. Get ready kid, be ready.

Last edited by dude1394; 02-25-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #53
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Rick Carlisle gets exposed this season. And it is not even funny.

His rotations are embarrassing.

This was a game where Dirk, Marion and Carter should have played 38min. Also Morrow should have been out there instead of Crowder and Mayo.

Playing Morrow in the last 4 sec (what's the f* point coach ?) reminded me of Avery Johnson, when he pulled Kidd in crunch time...

horrible coaching.
While I won't quite go as far as calling the coaching horrible, there were certainly some very questionable choices. Considering how well Bernard James has been playing defensively (especially last game against NO), there is absolutely no excuse for him to only see 3 minutes on the floor this game. I missed the 1st quarter and from the stats looks like he started off a bit poorly, but if nothing else it was a big body to clog up the lane whose not afraid to get his hands up and more than willing to leave the scoring to others. And Mike James playing in clutch time? While Collison had a poor game, I'll take him at the end of a close game every time over Mike James. Mayo had a horrible game, but that's kind to be expected matched up with Kobe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
All we need is a defensive minded center. Like Tyson Chandler for example. Dallas has always relied on a big man for success. Even Dampier/Diop/Haywood did a decent job for us. We no longer got one. It exposes our weeknesses. And if Marion isn't out there, we got no one to guard the perimeter either.
Bernard James! Are you guys watching the games? I mean he's not elite by any means, but watch him. He does not give up on defensive and is the only Mav I've seen this season willing to commit hard fouls on drives to the basket to force free throws rather than soft touchs creating a +1 scenario. We need to hold on to this guy and develop him. He's number 6 in the league in blocks per 48 minutes played (4.18) and 18th in rebounds per 48 (14.2) and has a 15.4 PER. IMHO, he should be seeing more minutes second only to Brand.
Dirk's Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #54
dude1394
Guru

Bernard just isn't big enough. He needs to learn how to play as a power forward or he
he'll be out of the league soon.

I like him but only because I have to.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #55
ibivibiv

ibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really nice

Simply put:
Bad officiating or not, when you have Kobe Bryant exploding in the 4th, OJ Mayo stinking it up, and your best defender in Shawn Marion sucking up bench minutes. You lose.
ibivibiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #56
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Well... he did start JJ Barea in the NBA finals 3 games into the series...
Fair point, feels like a long time ago though.

My observation is that he doesn't hesitate to sit Marion and Collison whenever he feels it could help the team, but is unable to adjust to bad performances of others (Vince/Mayo especially and Mike James).

All three were horrible yesterday, yet combined for 35% of the teams minutes. Include Collison and the four worst players got nearly 50% of the floor time. Simply put, that's how you lose games.

I'm not sure myself if I would have thrown in Roddy yesterday against a quality opponent only because the other PGs struggled, but I guess a coach labeled "not afraid mixing it up" should do that without hesitation.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #57
C_Man

Quote:
I'm not a troll... more than I can say for you.
How am I a troll you retard? How is saying that a player on a team other than the Mavs is not a great shooter "trolling"? Show me the exact post where I "trolled" please. What I said is that Kobe was 2 of 37 (or whatever it was) going into the game, and that he shot 4 of 5 yesterday. That is not "trolling".

This was my original post. Which part of this post specifically is "trolling" on a MAVERICKS board?

Quote:
Coming into this game, Kobe had made 2 of his last 37 three point attempts. And today he decides to go 4-5 from three. That's just plain bad luck. Kobe is not a good three point shooter. You could let him shoot 5 threes in an open gym in practice, and 19 times out of 20 he won't make more than 3.
Christ almighty you're fucking stupid. You should probably stop posting, because you make an idiot of yourself every time you do. And yes, you're a troll as well as being stupid. You trolled by "disagreeing with my assertion" or whatever you said. You could have just let it going instead of whining, but you responded to me, and in doing so, were trolling for a response.

And if you think Kobe could shoot 80%+ in an open gym you're a fucking moron. The guys in the three point contests only shoot around 50-60% dummy. They're the best three point shooters in the league. Kobe's not even close to them.

Last edited by C_Man; 02-25-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #58
C_Man

Quote:
Wow. Everything about your posting so far has been awful.
I just looked through a random sample of your past posts, and every post you've made has been awful. You'd think after 8 years you'd have made at least a few good posts.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #59
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Fair point, feels like a long time ago though.

My observation is that he doesn't hesitate to sit Marion and Collison whenever he feels it could help the team, but is unable to adjust to bad performances of others (Vince/Mayo especially and Mike James).

All three were horrible yesterday, yet combined for 35% of the teams minutes. Include Collison and the four worst players got nearly 50% of the floor time. Simply put, that's how you lose games.

I'm not sure myself if I would have thrown in Roddy yesterday against a quality opponent only because the other PGs struggled, but I guess a coach labeled "not afraid mixing it up" should do that without hesitation.
roddys quickness and long arms bother nash. remember game one of the season. i don't understand the whole mike james thing. look at the time wasted on fisher. i don't get it.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #60
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

As there is some discussion about Mayos playoff/lottery splits, I dug up some numbers from my DB:

Code:
Opp		FG%		3FG%	AST_TOV	PER		WS48	WP48	+/- (Per 100 Poss)
vs. Lottery	48.48%	49.58%	1.95		17.60		0.151	0.202	+1.40
vs. Playoff	42.69%	33.33%	1.36		13.08	0.014	0.070	-5.56
I mean that's some major drop-off in every category.

Last edited by j0Shi; 02-25-2013 at 08:32 PM.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #61
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Talk about someone not ready for primetime...
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote