Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-22-2006, 06:05 PM   #41
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjz
JET's performance in the finals was disappointing (except for this big game). But we wouldn't have gotten thru the Spurs if it wasn't for him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Force the damn refs to call everytime. But AI would be a liability on the defensive end...

JET was huge in every game except the last.... not the other way around.

And I don't think AI would be any more of a liability on the defensive end than JET is.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #42
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to know who you think is better than diaw? Howard? Diaw is a MUCH better passer, better defensively, they are about even on the boards and scoring. Jet? He shoots the jumper better thats it.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:57 PM   #43
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I would like to know who you think is better than diaw? Howard? Diaw is a MUCH better passer, better defensively, they are about even on the boards and scoring. Jet? He shoots the jumper better thats it.
Diaw is obviously better than Howard. If he isn't better than Jet then he certainly will be by the end of next season. This was his first year of playing time. Plus he is actually getting coached by professionals now not that amateur crap in Atlanta. I think he is going to be a monster at the three or four spot while feeding the ball to Marion and Stoudamire or to the jump shooters.

No doubt Terry is an outstanding player. However, he isn't going to get any better and he is a pretty one dimensional player at that. He is a great, great shooter a mediocre ballhandler and slasher and he doesn't set up his teammates well. I find it truely amazing that the Mavs could get to the NBA finals with him as their starting point guard and only decent ball handler. It was an amazing run.

Diaw is just one of the reasons that the Mavs need to trade up in this draft to get a guy like Gay, Carney or that other kid from Memphis. If they could get one of those 6-7 to 6-9, quick, athletic small forwards that can attack the basket and defend then I think they should. If they could nab Carney they could eventually move Josh to shooting guard as he improves and have a really quick, defensively strong swing unit. This could be especially great if the Mavs can resign Terry, develop Devin more and get Quisy to improve.

Eventually the starting lineup could look like this:
Harris, Howard, Carney, Dirk and Diop with Terry, Quis, Stack and Damp coming off the bench. They'd be big, athletic, and quick. But unless Harris and Quis improves this team would have the same major flaw as the current team. Its guards are not good at running an offense or handling the ball. Just a thought though.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:35 AM   #44
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I disagree about Diaw. His numbers went up for the same reasons Marion's went up in the 04-05 season, b/c of Nash and size. Most of the time Diaw is on the court, he's being guarded by a guy that's bigger and slower than him, which makes it easier to blow past him. Also, he looks better defensively b/c he guards the likes of Kwame, Kaman, and Diop.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:48 AM   #45
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

All of the ideas presented here are valid but none I've seen so far are going to get us a championship, think harder...
Old 06-23-2006, 12:50 AM   #46
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
All of the ideas presented here are valid but none I've seen so far are going to get us a championship, think harder...

Paul Pierce? lol

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 06-23-2006 at 12:50 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:59 AM   #47
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Damn, I called for us to get JJ last summer, but nobody really agreed back then. All we needed was a JRich or JJ to get us over the hump with a good go to #2 man. Both are athletic guys that can do it all and would probably thrive in a second fiddle role (although I don't think JJ wants that, or at least acts like he doesn't).
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:44 PM   #48
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted jj or Hughes. I would still love larry hughes though he doesnt help with what the mavs dont do(shoot) I will make my own thread eventually with my complete offseason plan.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote