Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-11-2004, 09:18 PM   #1
robattacks5

robattacks5 is on a distinguished road
Default The Mavericks will miss out on all the top player again!

They can't afford any free agents and nobody wants what we have to give up, which is basically trash. Are only options are to give up our trash for someone else's trash. Anyone agree? They are slowing taking more and more steps backwards like in the late 1980's and eary 90's.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:21 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE:The Mavericks will miss out on all the top players again!

Quote:
Originally posted by: robattacks5
They can't afford any free agents and nobody wants what we have to give up, which is basically trash. Are only options are to give up our trash for someone else's trash. Anyone agree? They are slowing taking more and more steps backwards like in the late 1980's and eary 90's.

I sure hope your knee heals quickly. [img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:26 PM   #3
robattacks5

I am the biggest Mavericks Fan. That is just how I feel.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:30 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
I am the biggest Mavericks Fan.
I doubt it.

Quote:
That is just how I feel.
The Mavs roster is hardly "trash". You need to objectively consider the roster. If you still feel that way, I might be able to prescribe you some prozac and a knee brace.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:31 PM   #5
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all
Default RE: The Mavericks will miss out on all the top players again!

Man, the band wagon fills and empties pretty quick...
Old 07-11-2004, 09:33 PM   #6
robattacks5

I mean nobody likes or wants Walker or Bradley for instance.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:33 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: big_pth
[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2004, 09:40 PM   #8
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
If you really think Walker is trash, look at some other rosters. Besides, his contract is expiring after 04-05 so he can provide some huge cap relief. Bradley is still a great shot blocker, but its hard to tell since he never plays.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 09:41 PM   #9
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: big_pth
Just watch as even more rats swarm off the good ship Maverick if we go through a slight downturn after losing Nash. Naysaying boobs aside, I think our Mavs are doing just fine in their obvious efforts to rebuild on the fly by aquiring young talent (Harris, Daniels, Howard, the Bear) while staying very competitive; much the same way the post-finals Pacers did a couple of years back (Trading D. Davis for O'Neal, drafting Baby Al, Bender, etc...).

Old 07-11-2004, 09:41 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
*sigh*

Out of the frying pan and into the fire......
Old 07-11-2004, 09:42 PM   #11
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

someone will eventually take Walker, for something.

Old 07-11-2004, 09:46 PM   #12
robattacks5

You guys are right, Trash isn't the word. But we have some players that are dissapointing and somewhat ruined the chemistry we had a few years ago.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:57 PM   #13
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

yes, but one of those players comes off the books after a year. In the modern salary cap-ruled NBA, that counts for alot.

And really, even if you don't like Walker, be objective. He's still a multiple-time all-star and not any idiot can notch two consecutive triple doubles. Somebody out there will take Walker. If nothing else, wait until the deadline and see what teams are regretting the bloated contracts they gave out this off-season.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 10:07 PM   #14
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You guys are right, Trash isn't the word. But we have some players that are dissapointing and somewhat ruined the chemistry we had a few years ago.
We'll field a younger, more athletic and a much better defensive team than what we had the last couple years. We're certainly not the same on the offense w/o Nash but let's not write off on the season yet.

Chemistry is an obscure and, dare I say, a very overrated word. When you're winning, everyone's gelling and when you lose they don't. During every Lakers win last year, you'd see Shaq and Kobe high-fiving and chest-bumping and after every loss, you'd see 'em whining and finger-pointing.
Moral of the story: Play to win and chemistry will take care of itself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:45 AM   #15
robattacks5

Remember this post. I told you so. Everyone is heading elsewhere. I think they will be good anyways with their current team. The west is wide open this year. So they still have a good chance to get to the finals.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:47 AM   #16
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I told you so

It's only been 10 days since your original post. A little early to say 'I told you so.'
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:48 AM   #17
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

So could you enlighten me as to what "top players" we were after besides shaq?

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:59 AM   #18
robattacks5

Dampier. Van Exel, Ostertag, Vince Carter, T-Mac
Old 07-21-2004, 01:02 AM   #19
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

a classic.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:43 AM   #20
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
And the player(s) that would have actually helped the Mavs out of those would be: Dampier and I don't think he is even officially traded yet. But ya, the Mavs definitely missed out on all the top FAs, especially big risk ones such as Dampier.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:51 AM   #21
basketball jonessss

basketball jonessss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: DubOverdose
Quote:
And the player(s) that would have actually helped the Mavs out of those would be: Dampier and I don't think he is even officially traded yet. But ya, the Mavs definitely missed out on all the top FAs, especially big risk ones such as Dampier.
I'll take TMac and Carter, you can have Dampier.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:34 PM   #22
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

Carter still wants out. 99.9 percent of all deals are the ones that you have never heard about it. Mark Cuban

Damp had a career year and is 30 not really that overwhelming. If we gave Fotson 30 minutes a game could he not grab 12 rebounds and score 12 points. Golden State is an awful team who else was supposed to grab rebounds.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 04:42 PM   #23
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Bump
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:26 PM   #24
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I remember watching on TV a Dallas Mavericks team that was loaded with Trash. Wasn't Terry Davis and Randy White the best players for a couple of years. Those teams were loaded with so much talent that a CBA team probably could have beaten them. Those were the dark days and I watched every game religiously like a drug addict smoking crack. For the longest time Derrick Harper was the only legitimate NBA player on the team. Then came Jackson and Mashburn but they didn't help much either. This team may be eclectic and have holes in the wrong places, but players like Stackhouse and Walker are legitimate NBA players. I remember Ortegal talking about how much talent Donald Hodge, Terry Davis, and Doug Smith had and want to gag.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote