Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of
Default Can We Somehow Bring Tyson Back?

So.. as I'm noticing the Knicks are slowly crumbling to even not contending for the 8 seed so far. Carmelo may just take off somewhere in July. The whole coaching situation looks to be transitioning if the record gets worse. Now could it perhaps be possible to set a trade up bringing Tyson back just before all-star break?

Maybe the Knicks would consider a salary dump. Maybe we have someone on the roster they'd consider. Only reason I'm posting this because of word that Tyson might actually be put on the trading block.

Last edited by yahyes; 12-16-2013 at 10:42 PM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

If you'd be willing to trade away Wright, Marion,2-3 other contracts, and perhaps a pick for Chandler (who may not play more than 40 games this season) and JR "Crazypants" Smith, then I think we could pull the trigger.

Do I want him back? Sure. We're missing a big that can make up for perimeter deficiencies. We're just going to have to give up a lot to get him and there is no guarantee that he'd be healthy.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-16-2013 at 10:48 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN.com has said teams have inquired about Chandler this year, but they wont part with him unless teams are willing to take JR as well. I posted this in the deadline thread btw
Old 12-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
If you'd be willing to trade away Wright, Marion,2-3 other contracts, and perhaps a pick for Chandler (who may not play more than 40 games this season) and JR "Crazypants" Smith, then I think we could pull the trigger.

Do I want him back? Sure. We're missing a big that can make up for perimeter deficiencies. We're just going to have to give up a lot to get him and there is no guarantee that he'd be healthy.
I'm up for taking the chance to reunite him with Dirk. He's the only player he played best with. It's been proven. I'll even take JR Smith for lets say Larkin? Then give up Wright which leaves Dalembert settled as the backup center under Tyson. They'll have a young set to build with.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I'm up for taking the chance to reunite him with Dirk. He's the only player he played best with. It's been proven. I'll even take JR Smith for lets say Larkin? Then give up Wright which leaves Dalembert settled as the backup center under Tyson. They'll have a young set to build with.

I'll give you that the team won a championship with Chandler (and Kidd/younger-Marion), but it's proven that he's the only player that Dirk's played best with?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #6
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

I'll give you that the team won a championship with Chandler (and Kidd/younger-Marion), but it's proven that he's the only player that Dirk's played best with?
Meaning they won the championship together.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #7
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

No way I'm giving up wright though. Tyson/wright tandem would be killa
Old 12-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #8
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

In answer to the original thread question, no.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #9
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Chandler has missed an average of 23 games per year since 2008, not including the lockout season and not including this year, where he's already missed 20 and counting.

He had a great year in Dallas, but the Mavs were extremely fortunate that he was healthy for most of the year. Good as he may be, they can't afford to give up significant assets and take on JR Smith for a guy with that type of injury history.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:25 AM   #10
adonis
Golden Member

adonis is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Chandler has missed an average of 23 games per year since 2008, not including the lockout season and not including this year, where he's already missed 20 and counting.

He had a great year in Dallas, but the Mavs were extremely fortunate that he was healthy for most of the year. Good as he may be, they can't afford to give up significant assets and take on JR Smith for a guy with that type of injury history.
What significant assets do we have? Marion? Carter?

Last edited by adonis; 12-17-2013 at 01:26 AM.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post

This what the Chandlerites almost always completely ignore.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #12
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to bring Tyson back. Knicks could use PG help right now too....

Marion/Daly/Vince/Mekel for Tyson/JR works...
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:32 AM   #13
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I'd love to bring Tyson back. Knicks could use PG help right now too....

Marion/Daly/Vince/Mekel for Tyson/JR works...
I'd much rather the Mavericks try to swing a deal for Asik or Noah, but I would definitely consider this deal if those options were exhausted. It is not a terrible risk, but I want to see Chandler back and healthy for a few more games before that happens.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #14
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMavsFan View Post
I'd much rather the Mavericks try to swing a deal for Asik or Noah, but I would definitely consider this deal if those options were exhausted. It is not a terrible risk, but I want to see Chandler back and healthy for a few more games before that happens.

I have this idea of Chicago willing to move on with Noah to revamp in the draft. Rose won't be back and Boozer will be worthless next season. They need a young PF badly. That's where we have an asset like Wright to use in a trade and our draft pick if possible.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #15
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I have this idea of Chicago willing to move on with Noah to revamp in the draft. Rose won't be back and Boozer will be worthless next season. They need a young PF badly. That's where we have an asset like Wright to use in a trade and our draft pick if possible.
Simply not happening. Zero % chance. Also Gibson is a pretty good young PF.
Not to mention Mirotic who by all accounts is legit and probably has more value around the league than Wright right now
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:02 AM   #16
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Odd how we went from championship level defense with Tyson here to being the one of the worst in the league after his departure yet many here still say he was overrated and how we don't miss him blah blah blah..
We just need another game of getting doubled up on the boards again and then maybe they'll remember how badly we need a center.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:10 AM   #17
GhostOfAdamMorrison
Banned

GhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enoughGhostOfAdamMorrison will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Odd how we went from championship level defense with Tyson here to being the one of the worst in the league after his departure yet many here still say he was overrated and how we don't miss him blah blah blah..
We just need another game of getting doubled up on the boards again and then maybe they'll remember how badly we need a center.
Well, that's not how it happened, at all, actually...

The year after Tyson left the Mavs were actually BETTER defensively, going off most stats.

Let's also ignore the fact that now they have no DeShawn, no Kidd, an older Marion, no real center (there is a middle ground between Tyson and Dalembert).

Tyson might be the most overrated player in NBA history on this board.
GhostOfAdamMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #18
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Paying Tyson so much money AND take JR? no way
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #19
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard a lot of talk from people in the know over the past few days that the Bulls' management is seriously considering blowing the team up and starting from scratch with this year's draft.

Only problem for us is that we don't have any first-rounders to offer them. Not sure any of our young guys would excite them enough to pry Noah away from them. I could see them punting on Deng and trading him for expiring contracts because they don't want to re-sign him, but if they trade Noah they're going to get a pretty good collection of prospects and picks.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #20
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Bulls dont trade Noah
Bulls dont trade Noah
Bulls dont trade Noah

If they "blow" it up it means they trade Dengs expiring and Boozer and thats it. No Noah, Butler or Gibson....
Old 12-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #21
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Bulls dont trade Noah
Bulls dont trade Noah
Bulls dont trade Noah

If they "blow" it up it means they trade Dengs expiring and Boozer and thats it. No Noah, Butler or Gibson....
Word i heard this morning on radio is that Lakers are in talks with Bulls. Didnt mention specifics other than Deng and Gasol was mentioned.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #22
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Word i heard this morning on radio is that Lakers are in talks with Bulls. Didnt mention specifics other than Deng and Gasol was mentioned.
Dang...see what I did there?
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #23
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan of his, but I think we should be all in on Melo (while trying to get Tyson included in the deal).

Thoughts?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #24
sefant77
Guru

Knicks wont trade Melo...they believe he re-sign + adding another Top FA in 2015...and they have to sell tickets
Old 02-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #25
bradleywillcrushyou44

bradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the roughbradleywillcrushyou44 is a jewel in the rough

came up with this...

Dallas Mavericks Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -10.1 ppg, -3.9 rpg, and -1.7 apg.
Incoming Players
Tyson Chandler
31 year old , 7-1, 240 lb C from Dominguez High School (California)
8.3 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 28.3 minutes
Outgoing Players
Shawn Marion
35 year old , 6-7, 228 lb F from UNLV
10.9 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.7 apg in 31.4 minutes in 2013-2014
DeJuan Blair
24 year old , 6-7, 270 lb F from Pittsburgh
7.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 18.6 minutes in 2013-2014

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +9.8 ppg, +2.7 rpg, and +1.8 apg.
Incoming Players
Shawn Marion
35 year old , 6-7, 228 lb F from UNLV
10.9 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.7 apg in 31.4 minutes
DeJuan Blair
24 year old , 6-7, 270 lb F from Pittsburgh
7.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 18.6 minutes
Outgoing Players
Omer Asik
27 year old , 7-0, 255 lb C from Fenerbahce Ulker (Turkey)
4.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 17.9 minutes in 2013-2014
Donatas Motiejunas
23 year old , 7-0, 222 lb C from Benetton Treviso (Italy)
4.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 13.4 minutes in 2013-2014

New York Knicks Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +0.4 ppg, +1.2 rpg, and -0.2 apg.
Incoming Players
Omer Asik
27 year old , 7-0, 255 lb C from Fenerbahce Ulker (Turkey)
4.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 17.9 minutes
Donatas Motiejunas
23 year old , 7-0, 222 lb C from Benetton Treviso (Italy)
4.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.4 apg in 13.4 minutes
bradleywillcrushyou44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #26
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #27
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

How did this thread not get bumped after the Mavericks actually did create a trade to bring Tyson back?

I wonder who the Mavericks will trade for next. I think something is bound to happen. If they sign Bernard James and want to keep Griffin then they need to do something... assuming that they want to use their MLE. I'd prefer a trade before waiving a player.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote