Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-22-2018, 12:24 AM   #1
satrekker

satrekker will become famous soon enough
Default With the 33rd pick, the Mavs select Jalen Brunson

Brunson was a luxury pick that the Mavs didn't have. Too many other talented players around who could potentially fill other gaping holes on the roster. He's not even a SG for crying out loud. SMH

I think the MBT realized towards the end that they failed to take full advantage of the talent available in this draft, and that's why there was the scramble at the end to to trade pick 54 for 56 and 60. 4 players drafted sounds a lot better than 3 and one gets to append the Greek Freak to his name because he's related. While it may sound better to fans, in the end I think this draft will be looked at in hindsight as one in which the Mavs got an outstanding player in Doncik, but for inexplicable reasons failed to take advantage of the depth of talent available in this draft and acquire other promising players who could've filled some of the glaring holes in their roster. Just my .02.

Last edited by satrekker; 06-22-2018 at 12:26 AM.
satrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2018, 12:36 AM   #2
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrekker View Post
Brunson was a luxury pick that the Mavs didn't have. Too many other talented players around who could potentially fill other gaping holes on the roster. He's not even a SG for crying out loud. SMH

I think the MBT realized towards the end that they failed to take full advantage of the talent available in this draft, and that's why there was the scramble at the end to to trade pick 54 for 56 and 60. 4 players drafted sounds a lot better than 3 and one gets to append the Greek Freak to his name because he's related. While it may sound better to fans, in the end I think this draft will be looked at in hindsight as one in which the Mavs got an outstanding player in Doncik, but for inexplicable reasons failed to take advantage of the depth of talent available in this draft and acquire other promising players who could've filled some of the glaring holes in their roster. Just my .02.
I'm confused. Yogi is a RFA. JJ is on the last year of his deal and is up there in age. Seth is a UFA. And according to Bobby K we had a first round grade on Brunson. Sounds like a good pick to me.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:41 AM   #3
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'll take smart over fast any day. Jason Kidd over Kyrie 100 times out of 100. Add to that Brunson's incredible efficiency (60% FG and 41% from three) and you got a solid player.

Brunson's defense was also solid last year. No one in the NBA can guard the jitterbugs, but he can guard the big PGs and slashing PGs are old news, anyway. Shooting PGs are the new thing and Brunson found a way to guard the perimeter well enough. On switches with guys who are 6'7", he'll have issues, but most NBA players do, which is why players run so many screens for switches.

Fisher is a good comparison. Deron Williams is a good comparison. Fisher played 13 seasons and has 5 rings. Deron Williams played 11. I don't think making that comparison is doing what you want it to for a guy in the second round. I mean, we got him in the second round and I'd be thrilled with a solid bench 6th/7th man and I think that's what he will be.
Yeah I’m warming to him a bit. Watched lots of Nova as I’m in Big East country and root for them when Cuse is knocked out of tourney. He’s a good player and a good shooter and efficient. Jay Wright is a good coach. Maybe I’m selling his defense short. Fisher is a great comp but he may be quicker and a better finisher but lesser defender.

The other plus for me is I’m a big BPA guy and they took him despite being loaded with PG.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:24 AM   #4
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what Dsj thinks about the Brunson pick

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:47 AM   #5
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post

Brunson is a bulldog. This is essentially a replacement for JJB and Yogi, and an upgrade to both, IMO. JJB has been terrific for us, but he is old and headed towards retirement. Yogi is gone, never was going to be much more than he was for us. All Brunson has done is win at Nova and he's a terrific shooter and so smart with the ball. He will be a good one. Sure, there were other names on the board that we could have taken, but I like it. Apparently they graded him as a 1st rounder, too. Trust the FO has done their due diligence and went BPA here.
JJ had one of his best seasons statistically last season. I don't think he's nearing retirement. He's only like 33. I really thocan't got Yogi was JJ's long term replacement, but appears we are ready to move on. Maybe we didn't want to it what he will command on the open market?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #6
Luke

Luke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the rough

Brunson will be a very nice backup PG for years to come... excited about that pick.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@KirkSeriousFace: I get why the mavs went Brunson but hooooo boy

Quote:
@stefanmymind: Nothing to see here just Mitchell Robinson only needing one dribble to dunk from the OTHER THREE-POINT LINE?! #Knicks

https://twitter.com/stefanmymind/sta...40273761726466

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-24-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:18 AM   #8
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@KirkSeriousFace: I get why the mavs went Brunson but hooooo boy
Fun fact: He trained in Dallas instead of going to college.

I would have taken either him or Gary Trent over Brunson, but I guess we'll see.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:55 PM   #9
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Junior high court.

That said.. I still dont know why the took Brunson there.

IMO Brunson was a solid pick...

-he was a five-star recruit (#16 overall in the nation) coming out of HS
-he's mature, polished, smart, and accomplished (checks all the intangibles)
-Yogi & Curry are likely gone and JJB is getting older
-he's a nice complement to Smith's more dynamic game because he does certain things better than Smith -- he's a better all around shooter, especially shooting off the dribble; he posts up opposing PGs well; he plays more physical than Smith
-he was the best shot creator (both for himself and for others) left at that point in the draft

he doesn't have the upside of Mitchell Robinson or Gary Trent Jr., but Brunson is sure to have 10-15 years of solid, heady play in the NBA
Old 06-24-2018, 02:13 PM   #10
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs putting up billboards that also have Brunson. Seems like they’re really high in him.

I’d bet he averages 20mpg
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:34 PM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I did hear a tidbit on ESPN radio from Jonathan Givony mentioning surprising players that fell and the first player he mentioned was Brunson.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:50 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Brunson is going to contribute. I am so excited to see him lead his team...

...Is what I tell myself in order to get excited about flying to Vegas to see a summer league team without Smith and Doncic

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-24-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #13
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Brunson is going to contribute. I am so excited to see him lead his team...

...Is what I tell myself in order to get excited about flying to Vegas to see a summer league team without Smith and Doncic
I think Brunson is going to really help all those kids in SL at least. I think at worst you should be at least seeing competitive games and a well ran offense at least.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:16 AM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@bobbykaralla: Just under 3,000 D-I men's basketball players recorded 100+ possessions + assists last season. Jalen Brunson's 1.467 points/poss in those opportunities ranked 25th out of them all. He also ranked T-19th in total poss + ast. Extraordinary combination of usage and efficiency.

@bobbykaralla: His numbers are absurd. 98th percentile in overall PPP, 99th in poss + ast, 96th in P&R ball-handler, 83rd in spot-up, 96th in iso, 98th in post-up. Villanova's offense was legendary last season and Brunson was a big key.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:31 PM   #15
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://youtu.be/jjJidQGlzXo

More I see and read about Brunson the more I like him.

6’3” PG
Member of the 50/40/80 club (52/41/80)

Killer off the screen
Great on the PnR
Killer pulling up for three
Killer off the sidestep
Really strong posting guards
Willing and able to hang out in the post or keep dribbling it around the paint to discombobulate the defense (a la Nash). Just super patient and smart with it when inside.
Deceptive with his change of pace. Doesn’t have crazy speed but gets it done. Reminds me of Kidd or Rayray Felton on the drive. Just uses change of pace and mental tricks to get it done. Has a few of Barea’s moves around the rim and even showed a decent spin, but more than anything he’s big, smart, and patient.

Just a smart, efficient, fundamental player

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-25-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:04 PM   #16
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
IMO Brunson was a solid pick...

-he was a five-star recruit (#16 overall in the nation) coming out of HS
-he's mature, polished, smart, and accomplished (checks all the intangibles)
-Yogi & Curry are likely gone and JJB is getting older
-he's a nice complement to Smith's more dynamic game because he does certain things better than Smith -- he's a better all around shooter, especially shooting off the dribble; he posts up opposing PGs well; he plays more physical than Smith
-he was the best shot creator (both for himself and for others) left at that point in the draft

he doesn't have the upside of Mitchell Robinson or Gary Trent Jr., but Brunson is sure to have 10-15 years of solid, heady play in the NBA

During the NBA Combine, I heard people talking about the effect Jalen's dad, Rick, a former NBA player and assistant coach had on his development. The extra preparation Jalen has had over other college players & prospects really sold me on him.

This is a very long but excellent article that details exactly what that extra preparation has entailed: https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...anova-wildcats
3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:11 PM   #17
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
76ers made out like bandits. To get high floor and high ceiling Zhaire Smith and an additional first rounder for Mikal (who let's be honest will likely be a Trevor Ariza clone down to the inconsistent jumper) was an absolute steal.

Seriously, this guy is two years younger than Bridges too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN_h...&frags=pl%2Cwn

I'll finally add that I believe the Nuggets will long regret the day they passed on Smith for MPJ.
I'm a guy who loves upside more than most, but let's keep things in prospective. Zhaire Smith was unranked as a High School player. That means ESPN did not have him in their top 200. Might there be a reason for that?

"High ceiling" can often times mean basement level floor. Smith has major work to do on his jump shot, his handles, and his passing. A player who needs to work on his dribbling, shooting & passing in today's NBA, wouldn't that give you at least a moment for pause? Not to mention, even if he hits his ceiling in all 3 of those areas, the kid is still undersized.

He's a special athlete, maybe the most special in the entire draft class, so I'm not knocking him, but you're sitting here ready to place him on the All-Rookie first team & that's just very premature.

Also, I think you're dead wrong about Mikal Bridges. Bridges likely won't make an All Star team, but to talk about him like some useless piece of trash at the back of a bench is wayyyyyyy off. Bridges did the things that Zhaire Smith is hoping to do. He made serious strides in all phases of his game from the time he stepped on campus at Villanova to now. I wouldn't bet against a guy with a proven track record of addressing weaknesses & improving.
3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:31 PM   #18
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
https://youtu.be/jjJidQGlzXo

More I see and read about Brunson the more I like him.

6’3” PG
Member of the 50/40/80 club (52/41/80)

Killer off the screen
Great on the PnR
Killer pulling up for three
Killer off the sidestep
Really strong posting guards
Willing and able to hang out in the post or keep dribbling it around the paint to discombobulate the defense (a la Nash). Just super patient and smart with it when inside.
Deceptive with his change of pace. Doesn’t have crazy speed but gets it done. Reminds me of Kidd or Rayray Felton on the drive. Just uses change of pace and mental tricks to get it done. Has a few of Barea’s moves around the rim and even showed a decent spin, but more than anything he’s big, smart, and patient.

Just a smart, efficient, fundamental player
Brunson does look like a great pick for us and I'm wondering if he will be replacing JJB or Yogi. Brunson's court vision and passing is as good as it gets so he should get plenty of PT. I can't wait to watch him in summer league.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we resign Yogi and Seth though because Rick would be more than happy to have 3 playmakers on the floor at all times to push tempo and control the offense. Remember we had DSJ, JJB, Yogi, Devin and Seth on the team last season so there would be room for all of them.

My guess is that either Yogi or Seth won't be on the team next season though. My hope is that they move Barea and resign Yogi to a team friendly contract.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-25-2018 at 08:35 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:46 AM   #19
Underdog

@bobbykaralla: I can't watch Jalen Brunson tape without thinking of J.J. Barea. Maybe I'm dumb (I probably am) but their games seem so, so similar to me.

@bobbykaralla: Brunson is bigger; Barea is craftier around the rim. But they both get to their spot and, more importantly, Brunson doesn't seem bothered by pressure. Keeps his dribble alive and always keeps his eyes moving. (Unfortunately Bridges botched the catch.) https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/sta...30065987178499

Old 06-26-2018, 08:32 AM   #20
Luke

Luke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the rough

Heard some talk about Brunson being a top 15 pick in next year's draft.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:35 AM   #21
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Heard some talk about Brunson being a top 15 pick in next year's draft.
Yeah. the idea that we got a lottery talent in the second round of this draft takes a bit of the sting out of trading next year's first for Doncic.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:33 PM   #22
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah. the idea that we got a lottery talent in the second round of this draft takes a bit of the sting out of trading next year's first for Doncic.
great point UD !
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #23
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say, I'm coming around on Brunson. I like the Mark Jackson comps, as far as the way he's physical and uses his body. And his change of direction is so sudden and fluid. And of course he has a mid-range game which is so important for a smaller guy without Dennis' ups
Old 06-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #24
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah a smart pick, makes sure we dont have to waste cap space on Yogi Ferrell because we cant trust Bareas health anymore. Barea with 4m and Yogi with 5-6m and you have 10m stuck for the PG backup position...

Next season Brunson with Barea and Harris on vet minimum deals, you cant cover the backup position cheaper than that
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:29 PM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Combined a lot of posts about Brunson into this one thread, because it was getting confusing and he's basically a second first rounder this year. He deserves his own thread.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-26-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:37 PM   #26
Underdog

Quote:
Combined a lot of posts about Brunson into this one thread, because it was getting confusing and he's basically a second first rounder this year. He deserves his own thread.
Thanks! Was thinking of doing the same thing when I got to a computer (too much work on a phone), glad you beat me to the punch.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:50 PM   #27
Luke

Quote:
Probably sees a guy that'll come in and play some backup PG and will spend a little time at the 2.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:06 PM   #28
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Go after the BPA, rather then fill a position of need. Solid asset if he shows anything that hints at NBA starter for 8-10 seasons.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:05 PM   #29
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Probably sees a guy that'll come in and play some backup PG and will spend a little time at the 2.
I just wonder if he sees a HAN

Old 06-26-2018, 06:29 PM   #30
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"ah, Bareas longterm replacement"
Old 06-26-2018, 07:47 PM   #31
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

Would only be a Brunson fan if it means goodbye Yogi. Too many midgets on this team.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:56 PM   #32
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

And like clockwork the Mavs tender Yogi a qualifying offer. Hopefully to trade him

https://1053thefan.radio.com/article...r-yogi-ferrell
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:35 PM   #33
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavs#1Fan View Post
And like clockwork the Mavs tender Yogi a qualifying offer. Hopefully to trade him

https://1053thefan.radio.com/article...r-yogi-ferrell
Jebus point guarding christ in point guard heaven.

Maybe we change our name to Dallas point guard academy?

Old 06-26-2018, 09:13 PM   #34
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Jebus point guarding christ in point guard heaven.

Maybe we change our name to Dallas point guard academy?

The NBA is going small isn’t it?
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:09 AM   #35
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Brunson is wearing 13 because he is a huge Steve Nash fan. Liking this guy already.

https://www.mavs.com/jalen-brunsons-...ly-to-the-nba/

Old 06-28-2018, 11:32 AM   #36
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Brunson is wearing 13 because he is a huge Steve Nash fan. Liking this guy already.

Nice!
Old 06-28-2018, 12:10 PM   #37
SMC0007
Guru

Very nice!

Old 06-28-2018, 01:25 PM   #38
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

as his third choice, similar to DSJ last year.

His college #1 has Dennis and his HS #15 is retired
Old 06-28-2018, 01:31 PM   #39
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

15 would have been nice-- love me our other 6'3" guard Brad Davis.

Nash is another 6'3" guard who probably would have had his number retired had he not ditched us.

Not a bad number to take.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:30 PM   #40
mac222b
Diamond Member

I still cannot fathom in what universe Brad Davis has his jersey retired. Did he slip Cuban some good acid?!