Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts
Default Jeremy Lin....

i havent posted on here in a while...but i have been all over the mavs news and summer games..

and this guy is impressive.. so impressive that it hurts to know the mavs FO wont sign him... due to all our tiny gaurds..

it just reminds me of how tired i am of all our or tiny shooting gaurds.

between terry barea and roddy we dont need them all, and it forced us to play butler at the 2, and howard at the 2 before him.

their all good players, but what team has all these small gaurds? its just not gonna win you a ring.

anyway, im on board with Lin, and id love to see terry and barea both take a walk, they cant D up anyone and its gotten old. sure Lin doesnt have any NBA experience, but when these asian players come along, once every 5 years, they are solid and they have a high IQ...and this guy attacks.. doesnt just settle to shoot it like the 2 midgets named above.

this guy is gonna get a shot somewhere, and were gonna regret not givin him a chance cause hes in our summer league....

thoughts everyone?
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4lyfe201 View Post
between terry barea and roddy we dont need them all

Irrelevant.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

By Jeremy Lin, do you mean JJB bullet?

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
...but when these asian players come along, once every 5 years, they are solid and they have a high IQ...

thoughts everyone?
Lin grew up in California. What does being of asian decent have to do with it? Stereotype much? Although, he did go to Harvard so maybe that's where you're getting this "high IQ" thing from.

But I've heard he's an energetic player that really leaves it all on the court. Terry doesn't really run the point anymore so I'm not sure why you group him in this. To suggest he take minutes from Roddy is laughable. And Barea is serviceable and has chemistry with the other Mavs.

Let Lin take a stint in the D-League. Then let's see where he's at. Barea will be an unrestricted free agent by then so you may get your wish.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyfg7 View Post
Lin grew up in California. What does being of asian decent have to do with it? Stereotype much? Although, he did go to Harvard so maybe that's where you're getting this "high IQ" thing from.

But I've heard he's an energetic player that really leaves it all on the court. Terry doesn't really run the point anymore so I'm not sure why you group him in this. To suggest he take minutes from Roddy is laughable. And Barea is serviceable and has chemistry with the other Mavs.

Let Lin take a stint in the D-League. Then let's see where he's at. Barea will be an unrestricted free agent by then so you may get your wish.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but, Why would you comment if all you have is what you've heard?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

i was pin pointing terry and barea as guys that need to go. why do we need 3 small gaurds?

roddy is clearly the future and hes the keeper.

im not sayin Lin is the answer, but to let him slip away will be a bad choice.

hopefully barea and/or terry are gone by the deadline or this summer. terry has a 5 mil buyout for the last year of his contract.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but, Why would you comment if all you have is what you've heard?
Why would you comment if all you have is snide interjections?

But you're right; that was a horribly put together paragraph. If I had something to add to the conversation, that's where I should have put it.

I haven't personally seen Lin in action. So all I can comment is what I've heard/read.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)

Last edited by bobbyfg7; 07-16-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #8
bobbyfg7

Quote:
i was pin pointing terry and barea as guys that need to go. why do we need 3 small gaurds?

roddy is clearly the future and hes the keeper.

im not sayin Lin is the answer, but to let him slip away will be a bad choice.

hopefully barea and/or terry are gone by the deadline or this summer. terry has a 5 mil buyout for the last year of his contract.
Indeed. Size does matter in the NBA. But I think the Mavs can retain his rights through a D-League stint and then go from there.

I also think this conversation is already goin on here.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why would you comment if all you have is snide interjections?

But that was a horribly put together paragraph. I haven't personally seen Lin in action. So all I can comment is what I've heard/read.
I was just asking no biggie. It seemed like you were scoffing at the idea of Lin being anything but a scrub without actually seeing any games. Seems like it would be helpful in making a judgement if you actually have first hand info on something.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #10
mavsfan4lyfe201

Indeed. Size does matter in the NBA. But I think the Mavs can retain his rights through a D-League stint and then go from there.

i really hope so.... im not sayin hes gonna be a stopper or instant offense. but you see the potential..

but because of our load of undersized SG's were not gonna keep him it looks like.

when its time to face LA we gotta put butler or marion on kobe. cause who else can even stand a chance of gaurding him?

the deadline better bring us that SG...
Old 07-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

How hard is it to use the right "there"?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

I also think this conversation is already goin on here.
He would have to be part of the 15 man roster for the Mavs to retain his rights. If they had drafted him, they actually could have asked if he wanted to play in europe while he got stronger and still retained his rights, but as a FA rookie, he would need to sign a Mavs contract that he can be outrighted to the D-League team.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #13
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
vary

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #14
blankie123

blankie123 is on a distinguished road

watch the games before commenting on a player. i don't understand how someone can say "I've heard he's an energetic player..". then say, "Let Lin take a stint in the D-League. Then let's see where he's at." part of the reason they have SL is for teams to evaluate how these guys play. not just looking at the books

here is the game vs. the Wizards
http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?id=3...size=condensed

Last edited by blankie123; 07-16-2010 at 03:34 PM.
blankie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #15
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Video and writeup from the Washington Post about Lin punking John Wall:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...eremy_lin.html

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #16
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
to hard four half the people on this bored.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #17
blankie123

blankie123 is on a distinguished road

how hard it to understand from context when they meant to say they're and not there or their?

Last edited by blankie123; 07-16-2010 at 04:37 PM.
blankie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #18
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your right they're my friend.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:11 PM   #19
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankie123 View Post
how hard it to understand from context when they meant to say they're and not there or their?
funny
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:13 PM   #20
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankie123 View Post
Given the context, how hard is it to get the words right in the first place?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #21
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind the grammar mistakes. They make it easier to figure out who the idiots are.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #22
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Your right they're my friend.
I believe you mean: your write they're my freind.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #23
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Yu peeple and yur konsern fore speling mak me laff

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 07-16-2010 at 05:23 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #24
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

i have to say lin impressed me vs the wizards. He was getting the better of wall on both ends of the floor more often than not and had a very mature game. im not sure if he is physically ready for the NBA though. he is quick but lacks strength and I am not sure about his jump shot. his penetration may not work vs bigger nba players.
Also... he is a true PG, not SG so i dont quite get the sg discussion here...
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #25
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Really good listen: Jeremy Lin on Galloway & Company
Old 07-16-2010, 07:23 PM   #26
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

"I WANT SOME BUTTS!"

oops wrong thread their. i meant to place there quotes in another thread.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #27
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

i'm sold on lin, he's freaking awesome. give him barea's job asap.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:02 PM   #28
LonghornDub

Would Lin be the first ever American-born Asian to play in the NBA?

Old 07-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #29
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Why you gotta bring race into this??

I just wanna talk about him as the potential biggest geek in the league as a Harvard dork.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #30
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Why you gotta bring race into this??

I just wanna talk about him as the potential biggest geek in the league as a Harvard dork.
I know, I'm such a damn racist. You should've banned me already.

Biggest geek in the league I think is pretty much a given. I don't know of any other Ivy Leaguers floating around.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #31
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
You should've banned me already.
Truer words...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #32
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I like how Donnie was all over him. Donnie's not just into the Euro circuit but just finds talent where ever talent sits.

Hope he doesn't end up signing with someone else.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:17 AM   #33
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apparently not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wataru_Misaka

Not only was the first player in the NBA of Asian descent, but he was the first non-white player in the NBA as well.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 07-18-2010 at 12:17 AM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #34
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
he would apparantly be the first since players quit playing in their skivvies
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #35
LonghornDub

Quote:
Apparently not.

Not only was the first player in the NBA of Asian descent, but he was the first non-white player in the NBA as well.
Wow, nice find. Looks like he's still alive too, and almost 90.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #36
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

First Asian-American in the NBA, not the D-League...

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 07-18-2010 at 01:45 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #37
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apparently not.

Is it just me, or do players in these super-old basketball pictures always look like they are holding ball awkwardly? I never feel like they are in the middle of a real basketball move.

But anyways, good find!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #38
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Nevermind...wow, the guy was actually born in Utah!

Last edited by jleefilled; 07-18-2010 at 01:59 PM.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #39
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow, nice find. Looks like he's still alive too, and almost 90.
Should the Mavs bring in him for a workout to attempt a comeback?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #40
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled View Post
Nevermind...wow, the guy was actually born in Utah!
So that's where John Stockton's shorts came from.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 41mvp=funny bunny, bancad, ben&jerry's, cad vs chum, cadbane is always right, cadchokesondick, cadeatsshitcereal, cadhatesasians, cadreadsusatoday, chumbusey=oxygenthief, faking objectivity, getbackinthekitchenmary, getbackonyourkneescad, jeremy lin, jthig farted, lin = goat, lin-1 cadbane-0, mavsfanuofvagina, objectivehaterinhere, racism, return of the quack!, slow to admit, stuckonstupid, too many tags