Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Jermaine O'Neal 'highly intrigued'

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Even without that trade we would be fu**ed if Chandler goes down. Wright was a really nice piece to have from the bench, but he lacked size and strength against the bigger C's in the league. He got pushed around vs. guys like Gasol, Howard, Bogut or Duncan.
You can point to a guy on any of the contenders that if they go down they are screwed. Maybe not lottery screwed but out of the contender picture. Tyson happens to be ours maybe even more than others.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #43
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

One concern we should have with JO is injury. We will need him to play 20mins or more but I'm wondering how long it will take for him to be in playing shape for that amount of time without being injured.

Greg Smith concerns me because he has had very limited PT so we could slip in the west while Rondo and JO get acclimated to our system.

That's why we should consider making another trade soon to acquire a center who has been playing this season. At least that player should be in playing shape. JO will need to get into shape while learning our system which could take time...time we simply don't have.

Last edited by rimrocker; 12-19-2014 at 08:30 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #44
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Wow...I thought only dollars in free agency got players? This is ANOTHER reason why plan powder was such a colossal f-up. Think of all the good players who would have wanted to come here to compete and defend that title. On very good contracts..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #45
dude1394
Guru

Hmm...Dwight Powell 6'11 240 pound rookie with high bball IQ. Interesting...I'll be interested in seeing him out there. Anyone watch him much?

Heh....he's such a rookie and played so little that there isn't much nba video I can find. Maybe I can find some pre-season work.

Last edited by dude1394; 12-19-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:52 PM   #46
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Wow...I thought only dollars in free agency got players? This is ANOTHER reason why plan powder was such a colossal f-up. Think of all the good players who would have wanted to come here to compete and defend that title. On very good contracts..
Butler got a contract way too long and high
Terry got a contract way too long and high
Barea got a contract way too high
Chandler got his contract and had no balls to accept the 20/1 offer
Stevenson was done
Kidd was done
Haywood was pretty much done

Offseason was a general mess with the lockout...

I still dont see the point here...everyone got way too huge contract and i still didnt see us contending again in 11-12. The Lockout killed those old legs, everyone admitted it...

Last edited by sefant77; 12-19-2014 at 08:53 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:13 PM   #47
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hmm...Dwight Powell 6'11 240 pound rookie with high bball IQ. Interesting...I'll be interested in seeing him out there. Anyone watch him much?

Heh....he's such a rookie and played so little that there isn't much nba video I can find. Maybe I can find some pre-season work.
The fact he got virtually no PT in Boston is telling to me.
I'm not getting my hopes too high on him this season. The way I see it we have two project big men now but we really don't need any.
Another move definitely needs to be made one way or another to solidify our frontcourt...that situation is pretty dicey and scary right now.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:20 PM   #48
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Plan powder...yada yada...dead horse...yada yada...bitch gripe moan...yada yada...I am apparently ignorant of the process by which much of the foundation of this current Maverick team was constructed...yada yada...
Summarizing for those who might have missed some of the finer points of your fresh and nuanced perspective on this timely issue.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 12-19-2014 at 09:21 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #49
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Summarizing for those who might have missed some of the finer points of your fresh and nuanced perspective on this timely issue.
Glad youve been following me so closely to have pulled that out from wherever.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:48 PM   #50
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
The fact he got virtually no PT in Boston is telling to me.
I'm not getting my hopes too high on him this season. The way I see it we have two project big men now but we really don't need any.
Another move definitely needs to be made one way or another to solidify our frontcourt...that situation is pretty dicey and scary right now.
I think his PT in Boston is meaningless. They have Olynyk, Zeller, Sullinger, and Bass. The fact that they used a roster spot on him means more.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #51
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

What's going on with Javale Mcgee? It looks like denver is pushing him out the rotation now. You think denver would take Felton to trade Mcgee straight up? Mcgee would be a decent hope to backup Tyson. While you have Jermaine at the end just incase we need another big.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:06 AM   #52
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
What's going on with Javale Mcgee? It looks like denver is pushing him out the rotation now. You think denver would take Felton to trade Mcgee straight up? Mcgee would be a decent hope to backup Tyson. While you have Jermaine at the end just incase we need another big.
PER ESPN
McGee (leg) is expected to be out a "significant" amount of time, Nuggets coach Brian Shaw said, The Denver Post reports.

Spin: In the same report, Shaw said he heard at one point that McGee could miss up to six weeks with soreness in his tibia. There is still no official timetable for McGee, but it seems as if he'll at least be out for the remainder of 2015.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:11 AM   #53
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
PER ESPN
McGee (leg) is expected to be out a "significant" amount of time, Nuggets coach Brian Shaw said, The Denver Post reports.

Spin: In the same report, Shaw said he heard at one point that McGee could miss up to six weeks with soreness in his tibia. There is still no official timetable for McGee, but it seems as if he'll at least be out for the remainder of 2015.
RIP Mcgee.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:23 AM   #54
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

He is making 11m millions.

We have nothing to match...Feltons fat ass contract and 1-2 minimum guys...so maximum is the 6-7m salary range for us if we dont want to part with Devin.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:26 AM   #55
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

According to Mike Fisher (I know, I know..) the Mavs are more apt to trade for a younger big that's been playing already this season than they are to sign Jermaine or Okafor. I think a healthy Okafor would be the best option, but I'm also okay with trying to find that backup sooner rather than later, and not putting a lot of pressure on an injury-prone player to be Tyson's primary backup.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:47 AM   #56
yahyes
Banned

Younger? Well most I can think of that can probably work using Felton...

Bismack Biyombo

Bring Dalembert back for Felton(LOL)

Bring Blair back cause Washington really doesn't know how to use him like Carlisle did.

Bring back Mahinmi.

That's all the young centers I can think who would be enough to afford.

Last edited by yahyes; 12-20-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #57
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

So my level of concern reached a level that i just find out Diop is a FA

Time to get excited about Greg Smith again?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UqMwFLsoQ9A

Would love JO here

Last edited by Dan1; 12-20-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Dan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #58
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'd actually like to see what Greg Smith has first. Rick's gotta give the guy a chance to play through his mistakes, and I believe he has little choice right now but to do so.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:44 AM   #59
HopeIsAlwaysThere
Golden Member

HopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of lightHopeIsAlwaysThere is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone watch Powell's performance in the D-league? The kid got skills, not simply a big man, can he be our new Brandon Wright?
HopeIsAlwaysThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:08 PM   #60
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeIsAlwaysThere View Post
Anyone watch Powell's performance in the D-league? The kid got skills, not simply a big man, can he be our new Brandon Wright?
Nah, he's a stretch 4/5 - more of a Dirk-lite.

Old 12-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #61
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Nah, he's a stretch 4/5 - more of a Dirk-lite.
I was thinking Parsons light, but the effect is the same. He shoots and drives mostly. Likes the shot fake. Pretty agile for 6'10". Not particularly strong down low or rebounding it, but he has a little of everything like Parsons.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #62
Underdog

‏@BallinWithBryan: Carlisle on Greg Smith: "This is a great shot for him." Dirk, Charlie Villanueva are options that can log minutes at the 5 when Tyson rests.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:27 AM   #63
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The Nets & Kings are talking per Woj

"The talks have centered on sending the Nets point guard Darren Collison and forwards Derrick Williams and Jason Thompson as part of a multi-player package for Williams, league sources said."

If we put Smith & Felton in the deal it would land us either of the Kings forwards. The Nets won't care - they're winning the trade. The Kings won't care, they're still getting the prize of the deal - Deron (and what a prize he is). Maybe kick a 2nd to the Kings?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:56 AM   #64
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

So BG said that it's going the be O'Neal, nice. Okafror has interest aswell, is it too much when i ask for both?
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #65
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
So BG said that it's going the be O'Neal, nice. Okafror has interest aswell, is it too much when i ask for both?
I'd be more than happy to see the Mavs waive/trade Greg if it meant getting JO and Okafor. Now THAT would be a great three-headed monster at C.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #66
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
The Nets & Kings are talking per Woj

"The talks have centered on sending the Nets point guard Darren Collison and forwards Derrick Williams and Jason Thompson as part of a multi-player package for Williams, league sources said."

If we put Smith & Felton in the deal it would land us either of the Kings forwards. The Nets won't care - they're winning the trade. The Kings won't care, they're still getting the prize of the deal - Deron (and what a prize he is). Maybe kick a 2nd to the Kings?
Poor old collison just cannot find a home. He seemed to be playing pretty well for them.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #67
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Poor old collison just cannot find a home. He seemed to be playing pretty well for them.
Collison is averaging 15.6 pts, 6.1 ast, and 3.6 rebs and makes about $5 million a year.

Deron Williams is averaging 15.6 pts, 6.8 ast and 3.1 rebs and makes about $20 million a year.

So they will pay 4X more for the same level of production. Only Sacramento is that dumb.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 12-21-2014 at 12:51 PM.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #68
sefant77
Guru

They also paid Derrick Williams (okay, pretty much a bust) and picks aka Enes Kanter and Dieng for him....
Old 12-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #69
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

I'd be down with either O'Neal or Okafor, but I think Andray Blatche is another guy we should consider. Dude is killin it over in China and was a great role player for Brooklyn recently. Plus he's younger and in game shape already from playing in China. But as long as we get one of the three I mentioned we'll be fine.

Last edited by Vinsanity; 12-21-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #70
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
I'd be down with either O'Neal or Okafor, but I think Andray Blatche is another guy we should consider. Dude is killin it over in China and was a great role player for Brooklyn recently. Plus he's younger and in game shape already from playing in China. But as long as we get one of the three I mentioned we'll be fine.
Blatche can't defend, pass on him.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #71
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Also, just thought of this... Is there any chance they're holding off Felton's debut because we're currently shopping him for a big right now? They may not want him to come back and completely kill his stock (even tho it was already low). I sure hope he gets traded for anyone who's at least better than Greg Smith.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:12 PM   #72
Underdog

Quote:
Also, just thought of this... Is there any chance they're holding off Felton's debut because we're currently shopping him for a big right now?
Seems likely.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:14 PM   #73
Vinsanity
Golden Member

I'd do Felton for Mahimni in a heart beat

Last edited by Vinsanity; 12-21-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:29 PM   #74
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'd do Felton for Mahimni in a heart beat
Bad news is, Indiana probably has no interest in a trade like that. They love Mahinmi over there.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #75
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

the nets are shopping brook lopez, but that would cost us A LOT, and i refuse touching any of my starting five to get him here, personally i'd go all in for emeka okafor even though he's injured
Old 12-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #76
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, just thought of this... Is there any chance they're holding off Felton's debut because we're currently shopping him for a big right now? They may not want him to come back and completely kill his stock (even tho it was already low). I sure hope he gets traded for anyone who's at least better than Greg Smith.
They'd love to trade him, I'm sure. I wonder, though, if they get JO and he looks like he can give them what he gave GSW last year, if they wouldn't rather shop Felton for a wing.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #77
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
They'd love to trade him, I'm sure. I wonder, though, if they get JO and he looks like he can give them what he gave GSW last year, if they wouldn't rather shop Felton for a wing.
Yeah assuming JO is a Mav by early January, we'll have time before the deadline to assess our biggest need, which might be a wing. I don't trust RJ playing meaningful minutes behind Parsons. Corey Brewer would've been nice but HOU just got him. Not sure who else we could realistically get.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #78
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah assuming JO is a Mav by early January, we'll have time before the deadline to assess our biggest need, which might be a wing. I don't trust RJ playing meaningful minutes behind Parsons. Corey Brewer would've been nice but HOU just got him. Not sure who else we could realistically get.
RJ's struggles are puzzling to me. I'm hoping he'll be a guy who figures it out eventually, but he's not been good so far.

Corey doesn't seem the best fit to me, and wouldn't have been gettable for Dallas with the pieces they have left after the Rondo trade anyway. Not looking back on that one.

They'll be hoping for Ray Allen, I'm sure. I'm taking the field on him, but he'd be my first choice.

Was just glancing through possible trade targets and saw Caron over in Detroit. Not sure what we'd have to tip them to take on that extra year of Felton's salary, though, and at that point not sure Caron would be worth it. The Peli's could use a PG, and I've long thought Salmons was a guy whose game could fit in Dallas. Salaries don't quite match up there, though, and I don't know how much game he has left.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:38 PM   #79
spreedom
Diamond Member

Assuming the Mavs get JO I wouldn't be surprised if Jefferson or Villanueva (who, it seems obvious by now, never should have made this team) got waived around February as we pursue buyout free agents. If there's a center among that group that is even approaching competency I really hope we bring him in.

As dynamic as O'Neal is as a defensive big off the bench, I don't have a ton of faith that either he or Tyson are going to stay healthy. I'd really like to have a third center, even if it's just Sarge, that we can absolutely depend on to be healthy, even if not as productive as some other potential targets out there.

Last edited by spreedom; 12-21-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:53 PM   #80
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Assuming the Mavs get JO I wouldn't be surprised if Jefferson or Villanueva (who, it seems obvious by now, never should have made this team) got waived around February as we pursue buyout free agents. If there's a center among that group that is even approaching competency I really hope we bring him in.

As dynamic as O'Neal is as a defensive big off the bench, I don't have a ton of faith that either he or Tyson are going to stay healthy. I'd really like to have a third center, even if it's just Sarge, that we can absolutely depend on to be healthy, even if not as productive as some other potential targets out there.
Definitely need a third string center. I'm on the jury's-still-out side of things with Smith, but wouldn't be upset to have Sarge back in that role later in the season if that's an option and Smith hasn't shown something.

I also keep forgetting about Lewis, and I think he's a good bet to replace Charlie on the roster before all is said and done.

I very much doubt Jefferson gets released. Vet wing who can shoot threes…he'll have value even if they think they can only use him situationally in the playoffs. If the team's looking like they've got a shot at contending and a roster spot is needed, they'll move one of the youngn's.

Tags
bwright 6th man award, gary neal