Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-12-2014, 01:13 AM   #1801
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs sign Boozer?
Old 07-12-2014, 01:14 AM   #1802
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I'm getting this odd hunch. Boozer gets amnestied to free up space for Chicago to sign melo...
I think theyve pushed past Melo to try and get Pau. They just dont have the confidence he'll join them. I wouldnt trust him either.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:20 AM   #1803
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

http://fansided.com/2014/07/12/dwyan...guard/#!bdkkFZ

Oh dear...
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:28 AM   #1804
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I'm going by how melo met with Pau this past week. How he was talking to him about going to NY. And the mention of Boozer being amnestied if melo chose Chicago to free up space. Wouldn't be surprised if melo jumps to Chicago now.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:30 AM   #1805
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
That looks fake.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:42 AM   #1806
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think Stephen Smith would make it up on live tv but I doubt/hope it's that serious with wade
Old 07-12-2014, 03:35 AM   #1807
yahyes
Banned

Well Wade would have to be off the bench.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:52 AM   #1808
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
This would truly push my Mavs fan attitude to the extreme. There are only a handfull of players that I've hated and he is #1. I would both be rooting for and against the Mavs with him on the court for us. I sincerely hope that is just a stupid rumor that Smith picked up on.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:08 AM   #1809
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I'm getting this odd hunch. Boozer gets amnestied to free up space for Chicago to sign melo...

If that does play out. Who can see Boozer also being an option? He's a vet PF who can shoot decent. Pair him up next to Wright off the bench you could have something to work with. But would he agree to play off the bench?
i will take boozer that power house under the basket. he kept chicago in contention these years without d.rose

pass the rock to the german moses
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:10 AM   #1810
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Wade will come here when Dirk signs a max offer sheet with the Rockets, let's leave it at that.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #1811
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
This would truly push my Mavs fan attitude to the extreme. There are only a handfull of players that I've hated and he is #1. I would both be rooting for and against the Mavs with him on the court for us. I sincerely hope that is just a stupid rumor that Smith picked up on.
now you know how i felt about parsons. why not? he is a good role model in the locker room.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:18 AM   #1812
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
now you know how i felt about parsons. why not? he is a good role model in the locker room.
Wait your comparing Parsons to D Wade? How is it even close to the same thing? I just don't see how you could dislike Parsons even close to how must Mavs fans think of D Wade.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #1813
jamaljasonandjimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Wait your comparing Parsons to D Wade? How is it even close to the same thing? I just don't see how you could dislike Parsons even close to how must Mavs fans think of D Wade.
i'm not comparing their abilities. i am comparing the fact that he felt the same feeling i have. you know wade has 3 rings. parsons has 1 big goose egg!

Old 07-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #1814
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather have 1000 Lance Stephensons over Wade.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:21 AM   #1815
jamaljasonandjimmy

Quote:
i respect d wade sir i dont hate him my friend

Old 07-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #1816
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'd rather have 5 Lamar Odoms over Dwyane Wade.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:25 AM   #1817
jamaljasonandjimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'd rather have 5 Lamar Odoms over Dwyane Wade.
i would rather have lance stephenson over wade myself but carlisle gets what he gets and he has to compete for a championship with what he gets.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #1818
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@espn_macmahon: My understanding is Mavs did indeed reach out to agent of Dwyane Wade yesterday ... to confirm plans of Chris Bosh, who agent also reps.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #1819
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@espn_macmahon: My understanding is Mavs did indeed reach out to agent of Dwyane Wade yesterday ... to confirm plans of Chris Bosh, who agent also reps.
Hahaha Cuban probably nudged Wade to make sure Bosh stays.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:43 AM   #1820
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

What is Phoenix up to?
- 6 point guards after sign and trade with the Kings to get Isaiah Thomas (4-year, $28 million contract)

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 07-12-2014 at 08:45 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #1821
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Same here. I just don't like him.

Btw, too bad that Carter is gone. I'll miss him. But I can't blame him. As we had just the $2.73M exception to offer, it was expectable that this won't be enough given the great season he had last year.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #1822
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Same here. I just don't like him.

Btw, too bad that Carter is gone. I'll miss him. But I can't blame him. As we had just the $2.73M exception to offer, it was expectable that this won't be enough given the great season he had last year.
I'm a little surprised he wasn't willing to wait for the Parsons outcome. Perhaps that signifies a good chance at getting Parsons.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #1823
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm a little surprised he wasn't willing to wait for the Parsons outcome. Perhaps that signifies a good chance at getting Parsons.
I think it signifies that Memphis put a deadline on the offer and he didn't have any others that appealed to him as much.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #1824
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Maybe, you could be right. I like Parsons, although I still think it's overpay. However, if he comes here I'll root for him as he's Mav. But now after Bosh has decided to stay in Miami I like how the Rockets are screwed No Bosh, Lin + 1st rounder away for nothing in return

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 07-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #1825
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion 1m
Highest paid players next season: Chris Bosh, Kobe ($23.5 mil) Amare Stoudemire ($23.4 mil) Joe Johnson ($23 mil) Dwight Howard ($21.4 mil)

Old 07-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #1826
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think it signifies that Memphis put a deadline on the offer and he didn't have any others that appealed to him as much.
Yep this is pretty much the exact stipulation I asked about yesterday evening before this happened. It made sense to think in this market the players have more leverage, but in this case it seems the opposite was true. VC gave us the opportunity to match but couldn't wait until Sunday night to do so. Pretty disappointing stuff. I think I need to go tie up some people at NBA headquarters in the hopes that we can stop any other deals from completing until Monday.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #1827
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Those are my thoughts. Memphis probably knew our situation and offered him a deal that expired Saturday.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #1828
Underdog

@WojYahooNBA: Charlotte, Dallas registering interest on free agent guard D.J. Augustin, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #1829
Underdog

@BallinWithBryan: On ESPN 103.3, @espn_macmahon mentioning that sources say that Lance Stephenson is option 2 behind Trevor Ariza if Mavs don't get Parsons.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #1830
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Old 07-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #1831
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@BallinWithBryan: On ESPN 103.3, @espn_macmahon mentioning that sources say that Lance Stephenson is option 2 behind Trevor Ariza if Mavs don't get Parsons.
That's been edited
Old 07-12-2014, 11:04 AM   #1832
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This gave me a pretty good laugh. I hope the Heat are trash next season. F em and F D-Whistle.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #1833
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
That's been edited
Thanks for the info either way BG. I feel sick to my stomach I'm so nervous how this plays out. Biggest moment in building our team since the championship. Dirk, Monte, Tyson.. who will round out this squad.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #1834
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources also say that Miami is making progress in its pursuit of Luol Deng to team him with Chris Bosh and soon-to-reupped Dwyane Wade.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #1835
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep this is pretty much the exact stipulation I asked about yesterday evening before this happened. It made sense to think in this market the players have more leverage, but in this case it seems the opposite was true. VC gave us the opportunity to match but couldn't wait until Sunday night to do so. Pretty disappointing stuff. I think I need to go tie up some people at NBA headquarters in the hopes that we can stop any other deals from completing until Monday.
A few quick comments, since I'd responded to you're post. One thing is that I was thinking more of the second tier guys like Ariza, Deng, and to some extent Stephenson, than of the MLE and under guys like Vince. Another thing is that even if he was willing to work with Dallas to some extent, he ultimately did take a deal that paid him more. And finally, it should be noted that while we've heard that Vince would have taken less than what Memphis offered to stay, that doesn't necessarily mean that Dallas would have given him the 2/8 deal that ended up being his bottom line.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #1836
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources also say that Miami is making progress in its pursuit of Luol Deng to team him with Chris Bosh and soon-to-reupped Dwyane Wade.
It seems I've heard at least 5 different teams having progress with Deng since the start of free agency. 4/48 is probably the starting point of negotiations.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #1837
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

T-Mac reiterating interest in Stephenson...

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-12-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #1838
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Dbl

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-12-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:20 PM   #1839
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion 1m
Highest paid players next season: Chris Bosh, Kobe ($23.5 mil) Amare Stoudemire ($23.4 mil) Joe Johnson ($23 mil) Dwight Howard ($21.4 mil)
Absolutely ridirkulous.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:29 PM   #1840
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It seems I've heard at least 5 different teams having progress with Deng since the start of free agency. 4/48 is probably the starting point of negotiations.
Depending on what wade gets, Miami might not have that much room
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
double post double post