Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 03-06-2006, 11:34 AM   #1
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default Save yourself for kinky!

Many people may not be aware of the law.

If you vote in the primary tuesday, you will not be eligible to sign the petition to place kinky (or strayhorn) on the november ballot.

if you want to see kinky friedman on the november ballot, and you want to sign the petition to get him on that ballot, you cannot vote as a democrat or republican in the respective primary.

normally I would be vocal on every voter getting out to the polls and casting your ballot. however, this time I have the opposite message:

don't vote tuesday, save yourself for kinky!
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2006, 12:16 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Piss on Kinky. Vote for the one tough grandma. She is in the same boat having decided to run independently. Make your vote actually count. Kinky is all schtick.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:43 AM   #3
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Kinky and Strayhorn will both make it on the ballot. Make your vote really count and USE it. Vote in your primaries. Particularly you, Doc! (And anyone else who resides in McLennan County, drop me a PM and I'll give you the KG Voter's Guide... )
Old 03-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

I took care of that little request kg.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #5
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

You da man!
Old 03-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I voted. Kinky belongs in the Bedroom, not Austin.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
genius.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:39 AM   #8
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Nice.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:53 AM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Is he republican? If not, no thanks.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:58 AM   #10
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

dude, don't vote for the party, it means squat. vote for the candidate.

pretty funny U2....
Old 03-07-2006, 01:23 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
Hilarious. A lib trying to tell dude how to vote.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:58 PM   #12
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Someone named Kinky is legitimately running for office? I gotta move to Texas.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:03 AM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

pretty funny U2....
I did that a few times. I got carter and bubba twice. No thanks.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-09-2006, 11:15 AM   #14
Drbio
Banned

You should be ashamed dude.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:17 AM   #15
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
You should be ashamed dude.
Well I'm more than ashamed about Carter for that one I profusely apologise to the entire human race.

With bubba at least I have read my lips to fall back on, but it's not much consolation.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #16
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Kinky: pro gay marriage, anti death penalty.
no thanks.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:01 PM   #17
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Answering a reporter's question at a recent news conference, Friedman said, "I support gay marriage because I believe they have right to be just as miserable as the rest of us"

On the death penalty: "I am not anti-death penalty, but I'm damn sure anti-the-wrong-guy-getting executed."

"We're number one in executions, and we're number 49 in funding public education," Friedman tells Cowan. "I mean, we're lagging behind Mississippi. When you're behind Mississippi, ya know you've got a problem."
Old 03-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

Clever...But if he actually were in office he would have to make a decision, not a clever retort.

I think that all of the libs should vote for Kinky!!
Old 03-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #19
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Everyone wants higher pay for teachers, everyone wants helathcare problems to go away, and everyone says they can do something about it. But nobody ever does. I have not seen one place anywhere of a plan that Kinky has to resolve these issues. If so, please lead me there. Just because you were in a country rock band, wrote some books, and lost an election to be, I think it was justice of the peace in Kerrville, doesn't mean you know how to run a state. And I think the action figures are a bit over the top, don't you?

Last edited by sixeightmkw; 03-09-2006 at 12:34 PM.
sixeightmkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #20
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

He's obviously making some noise though.... I saw a bumper sticker this morning that read, and I'm not lying:

"Kinky is Stinky"

I almost wrecked from laughing. I instantly thought of mavdog.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:24 PM   #21
Mavdog
Diamond Member

not being "with it" these days, a question: is "stinky" a slight?

I recall when my kid would say "that's so baaaaddd!" a couple of years ago, and it took me a few times to understand that "bad" was actually good...
Old 03-09-2006, 01:27 PM   #22
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
not being "with it" these days, a question: is "stinky" a slight?

I recall when my kid would say "that's so baaaaddd!" a couple of years ago, and it took me a few times to understand that "bad" was actually good...
That's a great question. I have no clue. I'll have to ask my oldest daughter tonight when I get home.

We used to say something was "good" when it was bad and "bad" when it was good.

Like if we didn't like food we were eating you would say, "That's them goods".
Old 03-09-2006, 05:54 PM   #23
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

You guys are so old.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote