Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-02-2003, 12:56 AM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Golden State

I watched most the game against the Sixers.

Dunleavy went for 32 points on 11-15, 3-6, 7-7 shooting. Also grabbed 11 rebounds.

Cheaney went for 20 points on 10-12 shooting.

Claxton went for 17 points on 7-11 shooting. Also played good defense on Iverson.

This is a team to watch. They cut Pepe Sanchez, moved Pietrus to the IL and added Dan Langhi to the roster. Pretty impressive win without Richardson, Murphy, and NVE.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:57 AM   #2
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Golden State

If they keep playing like that, they might consider leaving those guys on the pine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:59 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

surely there can't be this much improvement from some of the lesser western conference teams from last year
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:01 AM   #4
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

Dunleavy had some amazing shots tonight. He hit one ater flying down the court, stopping on a dime, jumping out of the gym and draining the bucket. Really nice shot.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:04 AM   #5
DrtyFlthyNasty

DrtyFlthyNasty is on a distinguished road

And remember guys this is basically the second unit out there playing with 7 healthy bodies and some of them are banged up. van exel, jrich, murphy, foyle cant play.. foyle tried to play today but only for like 3 minutes. I told you guys they got a very good bench soo keep sleepin.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
"I know what I can do,'' Van Exel said. "I'm not really worried about what other people say, that I'm just a scorer or a ballhog or whatever. I know when I need to score, and I definitely know how to make players better.'' - Nick Van Exel

"The ROC handle like Van Exel,
I shake phoneys man, You can't get next to.."

-Jayz
DrtyFlthyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 04:05 AM   #6
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

I didn't think the West could actually get any better then they were last year compared to the East, obviously I was wrong. The Nuggets are playing crazy, the W's beat the 76ers and gave the Mavs a nice run without their three best players, the Wolves destroyed the Raptors, etc. I kinda feel sorry for the Warriors, Grizz, and Nuggets they pretty much have no chance in the West, while in the East they all probably would be playoff teams? Realignment time?
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 07:22 AM   #7
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Golden State

It's great to see Dunleavy actually start hitting some shots.
I loved watching him in college, and i think we can all agree he was less than
impressive in his rookie season (not that they've actually showed any GS games here...but statswise).
I thought that they were going to absolutely hit rock bottom after the offseason
they had....but I hope they prove me wrong.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 11:26 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

good to see the young talent show up.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:20 PM   #9
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

They may just surprise a bit...especially when they get their 3 guys back.

But I've watched Philly play twice now and they look PITIFUL....no frontcourt at alll. So I wouldn't make too much of this win...nice job by Dunleavy though.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:54 PM   #10
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to see how the team looks once they have 3 of their starters back.

Dampier has been solid at center and Dunleavy is coming along nicely. Throw in Murphy and that's a sweet front court. Once Foyle is healthy and Robinson is off the bench behind Murphy they'll have a solid front court rotation.

Cheaney has been awesome for them and won't miss a beat backing Richardson or Dunleavy off the bench.

NVE, Claxton, and AJ is solid pg rotation as well.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:05 PM   #11
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

woah woah!....their still just GS!...they have to do something to screw this up.....quick trade for Lafrentz or something...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 08:54 PM   #12
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

They play the Lakers tonight, I wagered a little money on them, the Lakers are 16 point favorites, I realize its a back-to-back for the W's but the Lakers aren't that good, atleast not good enough to lay 16 points. I would feel better if NVE and J-Rich were playing(both come back on Wed.) but i'm up from last night so what the heck. Plus Popeye owns Shaq.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 10:52 PM   #13
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass

But I've watched Philly play twice now and they look PITIFUL....no frontcourt at alll. So I wouldn't make too much of this win...nice job by Dunleavy though.
I saw there season opener against Miami. They almost gave up a 15pt lead in the fourth quarter. I don't think this team is going to make the playoffs in my opinion.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 11:34 PM   #14
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Default RE: Golden State

The Warriors are only down 7 points with about 7 minutes to go.

Dampier has 20 rebounds. 8 offensive. I believe Shaq only has 12 points or something like that. Malone is pretty quiet as well.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:47 PM   #15
bogey
Banned

Dampier has been eating his Wheaties. Damn fine effort.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:55 PM   #16
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

i think this team is going to be awesome when they get murphy, van exel, richardson and foyle back

if van exel can get with the program and forget bitching about the trade, this team could make the playoffs
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 12:03 AM   #17
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: bogey
Dampier has been eating his Wheaties. Damn fine effort.

Looks like he outplayed the Big @$$ Clown tonight.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:47 PM   #18
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life is on a distinguished road

Golden State is done for this season. They lost their key players, Jamison, Arenas, and Richardson (for 3 games due to suspension). They need to start over in the 2004 Draft and build around their star player, Jason Richardson. But for now, I think they should loose most their games, to gain the #1 Draft Pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, who knows, maybe that'll do it?