Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default New free, and legal, music download site

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/m...ning_post_0913

I'll be interested to see how many labels they have in a year. I'm pretty certain that itunes has such a strong foothold that even a free site with a relatively comparable track list doesn't really stand a chance, but I could be wrong.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Well, it has Phil Ochs stuff, it appears, so that's freakin' awesome! The Pleasures of the Harbor CD is out of print and like 60 bucks on Amazon.

And yeah, the songs will supposedly stop playing if you don't continue going to the site. But hey, just Goldwave them into .mp3s and they're yours to do as you wish. :}

EDIT: Unfortunately, the site is so busy right now that I can't actually download anything, because the pages are timing out.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 09-18-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, internet crazes...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well if they're going to be getting press like this, they should make sure their server can handle it....
Old 09-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

OK, well, I decided to download Pleasures of the Harbor one track at a time, and got it to download. They're in .wma, which I don't have the codec for, so now I'm waiting to re-install WMP so that I can actually see if this stuff works.

And it does. Sha-wing.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 09-18-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
OK, well, I decided to download Pleasures of the Harbor one track at a time, and got it to download. They're in .wma, which I don't have the codec for, so now I'm waiting to re-install WMP so that I can actually see if this stuff works.

And it does. Sha-wing.
Oh yeah, definitely works.

If nothing else, it gives me a place where I can download music while at work. That's nice.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Oh yeah, definitely works.

If nothing else, it gives me a place where I can download music while at work. That's nice.
I've always wanted you to have something of substance to do while at work, thiggy

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote