Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-02-2002, 09:37 AM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Damn Angels blew a late inning lead in game 1 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] .

But the Twins won game 1 over te A's. hell yeah!!!!

And St Louis beat Randy Johnson 12-2 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . woohoo

Twins and Cards in teh World Series!!!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2002, 08:41 AM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

WOOHOO!!! Angels take game 2. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Glaus is having a Juan Gonzoles type playoffs so far. 3 HR's in 2 games.

Giants beat the Braves in their first game too.

Twins got crushed by the A's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2002, 09:08 AM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Who'd a thunk it? Card's go into Arizona to face Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling and come out up 2 games to none. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . WOOHOO

Braves evened series with Giants.

Old 10-04-2002, 09:11 AM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

mna, arizona has not looked good. they have nothing at the plate.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:29 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Heck yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!

Angels knock off the Yanks in game 3.

A's upended the Twins though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] .

Old 10-04-2002, 11:57 PM   #6
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

My favorite team is the Mariners. Since they aren't in the playoffs, I'm cheering for the Giants.

Giants v. Oakland
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 04:54 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

you aren't going to get much sympathy here being a Mariners fan....too many of us Ranger fans.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 05:08 PM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Angels are well on their way to knocking the damn yankies out. WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Old 10-05-2002, 06:25 PM   #9
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

<< My favorite team is the Mariners. Since they aren't in the playoffs, I'm cheering for the Giants.

Giants v. Oakland
>>

...and you'll get less sympathy from me, 'cause i'm an Oakland fan [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
(yeah, like i know what i'm talking about)

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 06:42 PM   #10
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yes. game over yankies loose daaaaaaaaaa yankies loose. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 10-05-2002, 10:15 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Who'd a thought the 2 teams that played in last years world series would both be eliminated in round 1 this year? Props to the Cards. They''ve had a hell of a year, in more ways then one. I hope they go all the way.

Old 10-06-2002, 12:29 AM   #12
Drbio
Banned

I love that the Yankees are gone. Yankee fans are almost as bad as Laker fans. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2002, 09:14 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Hell yeah, Twins beat the A's in game 5. Move to round 2 to face the Angels.

Gotta problem though, who to root for? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] . The Twins and Angles(and card's) have been my teams all year, now they face each other.

Giants lead the braves late. Looks like their headed to a game 5 aswell.

Old 10-06-2002, 10:22 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

I want the Twins to win. I am nt a Twin fan, but how cool would it be for them to get up and say &quot;Contract this?&quot; Go Twins!!!
Old 10-07-2002, 11:11 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

THE BRAVES ARE GONE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2002, 09:10 PM   #16
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

I´d like to see a Cards - Twins Worldseries.
Seems like the Cards are going to lose tonight though.
I just watched the bottom of the fifth and the Giants are up 7-3.

I´m probably the only one here who wasn´t happy to see the Yankees lose.
Their starting pitching was just plain awful.

Make that 9-3 now. Santiago just hit a two run homer.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 04:43 PM   #17
Dirkfan41

Dirkfan41 is on a distinguished road

The Braves were pathetic, their no-offense got exposed when it counted the most, and they beat themselvs, the Giants were just spectators.

Having said that, the Giants will win it all. Bonds is the best and they got some big bats around him, they also have an awesome pitching staff. Unbeatable.

(BTW, what were the odds the Braves AND Yankes wouldn't make the 2nd round)
Dirkfan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 10:56 PM   #18
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

The Giants are too good for anybody right now. They have the best hitters, the best players, and the best outfielders. They should have won today's game 3.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 10-12-2002, 11:12 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

If they are too good for anyone right now they wouldn't have lost.

What was the point again?
Old 10-13-2002, 12:15 AM   #20
Nash13
Diamond Member

They are like the Grizzlies playing the Mavs. They may be able to beat them one time, but we all know who's best.

~The Salesman
Old 10-13-2002, 12:08 PM   #21
Drbio
Banned

whereas I agree that the Giants are the favorite, I still have no idea what that first statement was for. Oh well...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2002, 10:14 PM   #22
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Giants just won game 5 in pretty dramatic fashion.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote