Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-28-2020, 06:49 PM   #121
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Yeah Brunsons cheap contract is an argument but i absolutely expect that the Mavs could bring back Burke on a two year vetmin deal or the BAE. Like i said, Burke allready told that carlisle is the best coach he ever had and he loved when they picked him up for the bubble.

If you can replace Brunson and Brunson can net you a potential perfect 3&D backcourt partner for Luka (including his RFA rights), then you do it.
Agree with the concept but not sure Frank is the guy I’d go after. I’d like to see Brunson as a piece in a bigger deal that would yield a more polished and legit 3-D guy.

I see Frank as more of a 3-D minus the 3. Not sure he’d flourish in our system.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2020, 07:40 PM   #122
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah Brunsons cheap contract is an argument but i absolutely expect that the Mavs could bring back Burke on a two year vetmin deal or the BAE. Like i said, Burke allready told that carlisle is the best coach he ever had and he loved when they picked him up for the bubble.

If you can replace Brunson and Brunson can net you a potential perfect 3&D backcourt partner for Luka (including his RFA rights), then you do it.
Absolutely if you can get value for him, you do it.

I'm just saying Brunson for Frankie is insane.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:01 PM   #123
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Absolutely if you can get value for him, you do it.

I'm just saying Brunson for Frankie is insane.
And i tried to argue that point.

Brunson is never going to be a good defender. But Frank could for sure push his 3p shooting into good territory. Frank has much more room (and chances) to improve on offense than Brunson has on defense.

Thats why its insane NOT to do such a trade. Specially with a potential Burke signing.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:15 PM   #124
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Tankathon has Jahmi'us Ramsey going 32. He would be a steal at 31 IMO. Tough guy who can really shoot threes and is a good defender too. From Arlington.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:21 PM   #125
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Tankathon has Jahmi'us Ramsey going 32. He would be a steal at 31 IMO. Tough guy who can really shoot threes and is a good defender too. From Arlington.
That would be a steal. I think he’s still really young too right? 19? He reminds me a little of Avery Bradley.

Last edited by mac222b; 09-28-2020 at 09:22 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:34 PM   #126
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
And i tried to argue that point.

Brunson is never going to be a good defender. But Frank could for sure push his 3p shooting into good territory. Frank has much more room (and chances) to improve on offense than Brunson has on defense.

Thats why its insane NOT to do such a trade. Specially with a potential Burke signing.
If you mean that Brunson will never be the type of long, switchable, multi-positional, high impact defender you and I both think Frank N could be on a good team, I agree.

But Brunson is actually already a plus on the defensive side of the floor in his role, and on his way to improving. EDIT: I remembered this wrong. He was actually a -5.1 on/off defensively, but he was a net positive, for sure.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 09-28-2020 at 10:44 PM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:44 PM   #127
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
If you mean that Brunson will never be the type of long, switchable, multi-positional, high impact defender you and I both think Frank N could be on a good team, I agree.

But Brunson is actually already a plus on the defensive side of the floor in his role, and on his way to improving.
Brunson has smarts and feel.

His high-end is Derek Fisher, but that's extremely decent. Borderline starter with huge IQ and good leadership skills? That got Fisher five championships.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:46 PM   #128
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:

His high-end is Derek Fisher, but that's extremely decent. Borderline starter with huge IQ and good leadership skills? That got Fisher five championships.
Yeah, I don't hesitate to move him in the right deal, and while I like Frank N's potential here, I think there's a good chance you're giving up the better player.

But for #31? I'm in like Flynn on that, unless there's a specific player there I can't live without.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:01 AM   #129
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Shaq and Kobe and Phil got Fischer 5 championships
Old 09-29-2020, 02:23 AM   #130
bulldogsjc

bulldogsjc is a jewel in the roughbulldogsjc is a jewel in the roughbulldogsjc is a jewel in the roughbulldogsjc is a jewel in the rough

Doncic White Team Click
bulldogsjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:10 AM   #131
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

One of Tyler Bey or Paul Reed is very likely to be there at #31 given the current projections.

The argument isn’t Ntlikina vs #31. The argument is Ntlikina on a 1 year, $6 million dollar deal with a huge cap hold and $8 million QO vs. 4 years of Tyler Bey or Paul Reed at $1.5 million to $2 million a year. I take the latter every time.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:01 AM   #132
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
One of Tyler Bey or Paul Reed is very likely to be there at #31 given the current projections.

The argument isn’t Ntlikina vs #31. The argument is Ntlikina on a 1 year, $6 million dollar deal with a huge cap hold and $8 million QO vs. 4 years of Tyler Bey or Paul Reed at $1.5 million to $2 million a year. I take the latter every time.
He gets it.

But see, people just think "31, it's expendable" when it's basically a late first round pick that you don't have to commit money to.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:22 AM   #133
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:

Would love to get Tyler Bey - high level athlete -6'7", 7'1" wingspan. 215# with room to bulk up over time. Springy. Not a consistent outside shot but did shoot well from outside in college though he projects to be avg. or worse for the NBA 3.

Not sure if we'd go for him and #18 and I don't think he lasts until #31 honestly... if he does i'd scoop him up immediately.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 12:48 PM   #134
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

We are so lucky to be in the position where we have first pick of the second round from the team that was in the Finals last season and was supposed to be a contender this season. Let’s not blow our wad too quick here. We’re not asset-rich and need to maximize our returns whatever we decide to do with the pick. Ntlikina is absolutely not the answer IMO.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:07 PM   #135
KillerLeft

Quote:
We are so lucky to be in the position where we have first pick of the second round from the team that was in the Finals last season and was supposed to be a contender this season. Let’s not blow our wad too quick here. We’re not asset-rich and need to maximize our returns whatever we decide to do with the pick. Ntlikina is absolutely not the answer IMO.
That's a reasonable take.

If there's a better option, I hope they choose it. I don't think Tyler Bey is a realistic option at #31, and my operating assumption is that it's very likely that what they'll get there won't EVER be a rotation player here. If that assumption is incorrect, I hope they recognize it and select the player they're excited about.

Even if I'm right, one can imagine that the asset could be used in a different trade that is more of a "sure thing" positive. If such a trade presents itself, I hope they choose that.

But, I DON'T care about the economics involved (yet) because one of the better advantages the team has for the next couple of years is their coming cap space. I'm not saying that I'm all in on "clearing the decks" for a Giannis push, because that's lunacy, but I'm also not turning the page on that summer completely until I've got something I like better. Until Luka's rookie extension happens, their cap flexibility IS an asset that can be used many different ways, and I think there are worse outcomes than a one year trial on a developmental player who might ultimately just come off of your books at the exact, right time.

I don't feel this way as a general rule - only because of their specific, current situation. The second Luka's salary gets to where we know it will, that option is gone for a WHILE, and then I'm right there with you: at that point, they had damn well better start looking at the draft as a means of infusing the roster with cheap "attempts" at talent on contracts that can be easily moved. Punting out of the draft is one of the ways they shot themselves in the foot during the Dirk era.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 09-29-2020 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:15 PM   #136
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Terry gossip.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/st...42646002065408

Old 09-29-2020, 04:42 PM   #137
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
6’3”/160lb PG. We sure do love PG’s here in Dallas.

“Terry was outstanding during his lone season at Stanford. He averaged 14.6 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3.2 assists, and 1.4 steals while connecting on 40.8 percent from 3-point range. The 20-year-old guard is one of the best shooters in this class and could be a secondary creator in the NBA. Terry played solid defense in the NCAA too.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thesmok...ell-terry/amp/

Last edited by BPo001; 09-29-2020 at 04:45 PM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:04 PM   #138
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:

IMO this is a red herring. Mavs are notoriously tight-lipped when it comes to draft. On those rare occasions we do hear rumors it’s usually the Mavs feeding misinformation. Sucks because I like Terry.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:13 PM   #139
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Remember when we were desperate for Franky and it was to bring us DSJ?
Old 09-29-2020, 05:24 PM   #140
KillerLeft

Quote:
IMO this is a red herring. Mavs are notoriously tight-lipped when it comes to draft. On those rare occasions we do hear rumors it’s usually the Mavs feeding misinformation. Sucks because I like Terry.
You're probably right, but I CAN see them liking this guy. I'm not a college basketball guy at all, so this is based on limited information, but he seems to have the kind of off-ball skills the Mavs are in the business of hoarding from now on.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:16 PM   #141
mac222b
Diamond Member

I love Terry and would be thrilled if he’s there for us at 18. Natural born shooter.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:38 PM   #142
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I love Terry and would be thrilled if he’s there for us at 18. Natural born shooter.
Dude can score and that's rare. Just look at Tyler Herro. Dude put them over the top with his crazy scoring.

Plus he at least has the tools to be disruptive defensively. We need that from the 1/2 position.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:59 PM   #143
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I don't rly want to trade brunson for a possible better fit player who might be(and to this point it's not close) a worse nba player in general. I'll trade Brunson in a package to acquire a for sure better player but... I was sold on Delon Wright being a great fit and look how that turned out. We are so devoid of assets you trade 31 and or brunson for proven guys not guys like frank who might b available for dirt cheap as a free agent next year.

For example if you tell me there is a covington type player who can be had for brunson sure i'll do that. You tell me we can trade Brunson for a player who *might* be anywhere from 7th to 13th man in the rotation like Frank then hard pass from me because that is too big of a gamble considering Brunson is equal to the higher end of that spectrum with the small caveat that Frank might be a better fit *if it works*.

As for pick 18... If Haliburton gets past the trio of Knicks Wizards and Suns then I'd really consider moving up for him. Seems to fit this NBA- doesn't need to be primary playmaker doesn't need a lot of shots... super long arms and primarily takes 3's and goes to the rim with a profile that could lead to being a great defender. Vassell, Nesmith, and Haliburton are the only ppl I'd move up for who are somewhat realistic if they got beyond 10.

If we stand pat and take 2 players then I'm open to a lot of players really. But I will say I'm not a huge Bey fan considering his age and while he has a lot left on the bone, as he really only scores with his athleticism to me... that's kinda the problem. Given his age he almost feels like a developmental player but at his age... That doesn't make me feel wonderful.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:49 PM   #144
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post

If we stand pat and take 2 players then I'm open to a lot of players really. But I will say I'm not a huge Bey fan considering his age and while he has a lot left on the bone, as he really only scores with his athleticism to me... that's kinda the problem. Given his age he almost feels like a developmental player but at his age... That doesn't make me feel wonderful.
Which Bey? Saddiq or Tyler?
Old 09-29-2020, 09:51 PM   #145
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I'm open to trading Brunson if we draft someone like Terry not that it's completely necessary to do that. I just think Wright will be too hard to move without attaching a pick. No thanks.

I'm just dead set on keeping our picks. I truly believe we can get two competent players in this draft.

Old 09-29-2020, 09:54 PM   #146
KillerLeft

Quote:
I'm open to trading Brunson if we draft someone like Terry not that it's completely necessary to do that. I just think Wright will be too hard to move without attaching a pick. No thanks.

I'm just dead set on keeping our picks. I truly believe we can get two competent players in this draft.
I don't know that being "dead set" on anything is ideal.

I want them to change the trend of undervaluing the draft, but not at all costs, every year. What if you're offered a deal that's too good to pass up?
Old 09-29-2020, 09:57 PM   #147
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Which Bey? Saddiq or Tyler?
Tyler.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:52 AM   #148
tap2390
Diamond Member

Random thought: if I’m the Mavs I’m blowing up the 76ers to see what it takes to get Matisse Thybulle. Does Seth Curry for Thybulle and Zhaire Smith get you there? 76ers are desperate for shooting and have plenty of defense, it would be a chance for the Mavs to get a phenomenal wing defender outside of the draft, freeing them up to take BPA in the draft.
Old 10-04-2020, 01:13 PM   #149
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Random thought: if I’m the Mavs I’m blowing up the 76ers to see what it takes to get Matisse Thybulle. Does Seth Curry for Thybulle and Zhaire Smith get you there? 76ers are desperate for shooting and have plenty of defense, it would be a chance for the Mavs to get a phenomenal wing defender outside of the draft, freeing them up to take BPA in the draft.
I was actually just thinking about Zhaire and whether we could steal him. I remembered reading that he shot well from 3 and played well in G league maybe. I don’t think there is any way we get both. Either/or, and we maybe get a 2nd with Zhaire or something too.
Old 10-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #150
KillerLeft

Knowing what we know about how the Mavs operate, doesn't it seem more likely that they're focused on finding veteran players (not old, necessarily, but veteran) with playoff experience?
Old 10-04-2020, 01:55 PM   #151
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

In terms of finances, assets, and playoff positioning, we're almost in the same shape as we were in 2003.

We walked away from that draft with Josh Howard (23) and Daniels (22)

Both were older and both were mature enough to make a splash in their first seasons.

I figure we'll do the same this year unless we can trade away the picks for some promising second/third stringers.
Old 10-04-2020, 02:03 PM   #152
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

On the roster - 10/15
KP/Powell/Boban
???/Kleber/???
DFS/Jackson/???
Curry/Wright/???
Doncic/Brunson/???

[b]Player options/team options - 2/15/b]
THJ (PO) - probably stays
WCS (PO) - probably gone

Free agents
Lee - let him retire
Barea - let him retire
MKG- put him on the back burner, but he could be good for the min
Burke - re-sign him

10 guys on contract. 12 if we both POs accept, or more likely THJ stays and Burke gets a contract so we'd only have 3 roster spots left.

If we keep our picks, then the first rounder is guaranteed a spot. Second rounder will probably get one too.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-04-2020 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:01 PM   #153
KillerLeft

Quote:
On the roster - 10/15
KP/Powell/Boban
???/Kleber/???
DFS/Jackson/???
Curry/Wright/???
Doncic/Brunson/???

[b]Player options/team options - 2/15/b]
THJ (PO) - probably stays
WCS (PO) - probably gone

Free agents
Lee - let him retire
Barea - let him retire
MKG- put him on the back burner, but he could be good for the min
Burke - re-sign him

10 guys on contract. 12 if we both POs accept, or more likely THJ stays and Burke gets a contract so we'd only have 3 roster spots left.

If we keep our picks, then the first rounder is guaranteed a spot. Second rounder will probably get one too.
I agree with some of your thinking.

I think there's a 100% chance WCS opts in. I've heard at least 5 national cap guys say this. There are very few teams with cap space, and he's definitely not an MLE candidate. Technically, the BAE is slightly more than he'd make this season, but I think he has less than a 50% chance of getting that. If he opts out, he ends up playing for the minimum on a one year deal, more than likely.

I'm less sure about this one, but...I have a feeling the team has plans to bring Lee back. If not, I think they would've done something with that contract. Either a trade at the deadline or a buy out to make room for someone else, like the way they picked up Burke. Could be wrong about this one. I just have a feeling.

I think the Burke situation is FASCINATING. Do they see him as Clippers series Burke, or was that a hot streak? I LOVE what he gave them in the playoffs, and knowing they wanted Kemba last summer, it's easy to see why they put him at the front of the minutes buffet line. I'm active on two Mavs boards, and it's interesting to me that this one sees Burke as a priority to bring back, while the other one has already completely forgotten he exists. Not sure what to expect.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:16 PM   #154
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

This puts a stain on the Hield idea...yikes.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...nswering-Calls

Old 10-05-2020, 08:23 AM   #155
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Just stay away from this guy
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:03 PM   #156
tap2390
Diamond Member

Default My Top (Realistic) Free Agency Targets

Bismack Biyombo --> high energy big with more mobility than Boban, makes sense if WCS moves on and Mavs don't draft a big

Alize Johnson --> huge upside RFA that dominated the G-League (20/13/4 a game); Pacers will want to keep him but may not be able to as they already have $125 million on the books for next year; really is looking like a phenomenal wing defender/ rebounder

Kris Dunn --> RFA; got the 11th most all-defensive team votes in the NBA; simply put a phenomenal defender who has been miscast as a lead guard

Justin Holiday --> mature, versatile wing who brings intangibles, shooting and leadership... basically a slightly better Wes Matthews

Josh Jackson --> high upside wing who improved with the Grizz last season... only 23 and has superb physical talent, only question is if he'll listen to Carlisle

De'Anthony Melton --> I actually prefer Melton to Dunn; Melton is an advanced defensive stat darling; like Dunn, he's someone who's not going to well if you ask him to do too much, but if you put him next to Luka with the directive to defend and catch-and-shoot 3s, he'll thrive

Derrick Jones Jr. --> perennial Mavs fan binkie; best dunker in the league and good defender; probably #1 on my list due to size/ potential next to Luka

Maurice Harkless --> a less fun Derrick Jones Jr.

Wes Iwundu --> RFA; another wing defender with an underrated all-around offensive game, might be the best overall of all the wings I've listed

Glenn Robinson III --> had a strong season with the Warriors before the move to Philly; yet another high-energy guy with the best shooting splits of the guys mentioned

Serge Ibaka --> his availability really depends on how the Raptors feel about their salary situation; would bring much needed leadership
Old 10-06-2020, 10:49 PM   #157
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Bismack Biyombo --> high energy big with more mobility than Boban, makes sense if WCS moves on and Mavs don't draft a big

Alize Johnson --> huge upside RFA that dominated the G-League (20/13/4 a game); Pacers will want to keep him but may not be able to as they already have $125 million on the books for next year; really is looking like a phenomenal wing defender/ rebounder

Kris Dunn --> RFA; got the 11th most all-defensive team votes in the NBA; simply put a phenomenal defender who has been miscast as a lead guard

Justin Holiday --> mature, versatile wing who brings intangibles, shooting and leadership... basically a slightly better Wes Matthews

Josh Jackson --> high upside wing who improved with the Grizz last season... only 23 and has superb physical talent, only question is if he'll listen to Carlisle

De'Anthony Melton --> I actually prefer Melton to Dunn; Melton is an advanced defensive stat darling; like Dunn, he's someone who's not going to well if you ask him to do too much, but if you put him next to Luka with the directive to defend and catch-and-shoot 3s, he'll thrive

Derrick Jones Jr. --> perennial Mavs fan binkie; best dunker in the league and good defender; probably #1 on my list due to size/ potential next to Luka

Maurice Harkless --> a less fun Derrick Jones Jr.

Wes Iwundu --> RFA; another wing defender with an underrated all-around offensive game, might be the best overall of all the wings I've listed

Glenn Robinson III --> had a strong season with the Warriors before the move to Philly; yet another high-energy guy with the best shooting splits of the guys mentioned

Serge Ibaka --> his availability really depends on how the Raptors feel about their salary situation; would bring much needed leadership
This is amazing! Thanks for this. Going to check out Alize now. Iwundu is intriguing to me too.

Last edited by mac222b; 10-06-2020 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:38 AM   #158
tap2390
Diamond Member

Another random thought: We should try to trade Wright into some team’s cap space. For example the Atlanta Hawks could use a secondary ball handler, and Wright is also good enough defensively to play next to Trae.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:56 AM   #159
KillerLeft

Quote:
Another random thought: We should try to trade Wright into some team’s cap space. For example the Atlanta Hawks could use a secondary ball handler, and Wright is also good enough defensively to play next to Trae.
Or for a guy on the last year of his deal from a team without space, yeah. I think that's exactly what they're doing.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:56 PM   #160
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Do people really think there's value in giving up a player (Wright) and trade assets to essentially just save some money when we're not really creating substantive cap space.