Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-21-2020, 08:15 PM   #1721
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a boatload of guards...Townsend allready speculated t
with Bareas return that they may move one or two more guards in a trade.

My money is still on selling high on Brunson and his contract
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2020, 08:19 PM   #1722
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Why do we want Iwundu
Seems like a waste of a roster spot though tbf I know absolutely nothing about him tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:27 PM   #1723
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

avg 18 mpg with orlando, so i dont expect to see much of him. of course, you never know with Carlisle
Old 11-21-2020, 08:29 PM   #1724
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Wing defense...

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/sta...320567809?s=19
Old 11-21-2020, 08:29 PM   #1725
sefant77
Guru

Wing defense...

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/sta...320567809?s=19
Old 11-21-2020, 08:38 PM   #1726
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

Thank you for the stat; very interesting and it stays on course with what the Mavericks have accomplished this offseason. They’ve brought in some dogs to really play physical out on the perimeter.

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 11-21-2020 at 08:38 PM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:38 PM   #1727
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
That’s great but like what does Green do?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:38 PM   #1728
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify, it's not that I don't think Denver will improve from within at all. But I think it's overstated. I think we're seeing peak Jokic- which admittedly is really damn good, but I don't see him getting markedly better than he was last year. Murray is someone that everyone is swooning over right now, and it's no question why given his playoff performance- however, I honestly think he played way over his head and he will come back down to earth next year. I think he had a 2003 Nick Van Exel run. Not that he isn't really, really good. But I think he's an all-star, not a superstar.

And I'm with KillerLeft on MPJ. Nice young player, but very overrated.

So I think they can get a little better, but I think they are just as likely to be the same or actually be worse, because I think the loss of Grant hurts them more than anyone seems to realize.

Again, I think people are really overrating them based on what they did to the Clippers. Yeah, it was beautiful to watch. But they could have just as easily lost in the first round to Utah. The Jazz and Clippers just plain choked. ESPECIALLY the Clippers- they choked in maybe the worst way the NBA has ever seen.

Now if the Nuggets had lost in the first round to Utah, would anyone here think they were dangerous and be talking about how much they're going to improve from within?? Particularly after they lost an important piece and did nothing (as of now) to replace him?
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:38 PM   #1729
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

double post**

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 11-21-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:47 PM   #1730
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I'm surprised you guys don't think Denver can get better just by Jokic, Murray and MPJ each continuing to grow and gain more experience.

I mean isn't that how we view the Mavs with Luka and KP just getting better with more experience and continuity together?

That seems kind of homer to think the Nuggets trio won't get better under the same development.
Is that the consensus? Because I thought the consensus was that KP is a perennial injury risk and that him and Luka isn't enough and that we need to get a third star.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:50 PM   #1731
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I’d die for one more guy 6’8” or more
Old 11-21-2020, 08:54 PM   #1732
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why do we want Iwundu
Camp body?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:54 PM   #1733
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That’s great but like what does Green do?
It feels more like the draft was a great show, but are we going to play the picks at all?

I hope so.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:55 PM   #1734
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
What if he is built like Shawn Bradley during his playing days? I don't think you want that.

Who do you think is your favorite new Mav? Crazy to me how we potentially have 6 new players atm... assuming we sign both 2nd round picks.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 11-21-2020 at 09:07 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:55 PM   #1735
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:59 PM   #1736
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I'm kinda surprised nobody has picked up Boogie yet. I'd buy super low on him.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:00 PM   #1737
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Damn. I love J.J., but I honestly want some younger talent now. I hope he retires this year. He doesn't need to play until he's 40. What does he really have to prove? I don't think we would have won our title without him. Last year when we played him he did show up though. I realize he does have some game still.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:01 PM   #1738
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Kidding about the camp body comment but WOW!

Minutes are going to be EARNED next season
Old 11-21-2020, 09:02 PM   #1739
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I'm kinda surprised nobody has picked up Boogie yet. I'd buy super low on him.
David Lord says the word is that he is not healthy. Might be a mid season pickup for someone who has an injury
Old 11-21-2020, 09:02 PM   #1740
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Damn. I love J.J., but I honestly want some younger talent now. I hope he retires this year. He doesn't need to play until he's 40. What does he really have to prove? I don't think we would have won our title without him. Last year when we played him he did show up though. I realize he does have some game still.
I doubt we'll see much of him on the floor. I think the Mavs just like having him in the lockerroom, like Darrell Armstrong back in the day, or Avery before him.

I forget where, but I heard somewhere recently that JJ and Luka are actually really tight. So keeping JJ around might just be about making Luka happy.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:06 PM   #1741
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It feels more like the draft was a great show, but are we going to play the picks at all?

I hope so.
I don't think they'll get much burn this season. None of them scream STAR! (yet) and they all need development. There is no G-League this year and the season is going to be weird with a short training camp, etc. Plus I don't think any of them have played organized ball for 8 months

Think long game on them
Old 11-21-2020, 09:06 PM   #1742
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Remember when the Mavs had one defensive player in DFS?

Now we have like 8 DFSs

DDDallas
Old 11-21-2020, 09:06 PM   #1743
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Noel - The first-round pick in 2017 was top-18 protected, but if it didn't convey, then it became two second rounders. It became two second rounders which we gave up in 2017 and 2018. The transaction is now complete. Sixers got Sterling Brown and Khyri Thomas. Sterling is with the Bucks, but struggling. Khyri Thomas looks okay in Detroit.

Rondo - we owed one pick in 2016 and it conveyed in 2016. It became the 16th overall pick and we gave it to Celtics who drafted Guerschon Yabusele. Yes, superstar Guerschon Yabusele. He's currently playing in France's third-best league after a year in China.

Porzingis - We still owe them two first-rounders which will most likely convey in 2021 and 2023
Ahh ok so we don’t owe anything but the Knicks...gotcha I somehow missed those trades. I give them
Props for the Noel trade that was a steal.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:06 PM   #1744
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Now we have like 8 DFSs

DDDallas
Old 11-21-2020, 09:10 PM   #1745
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

For all of us who have been upset and dissatisfied with all offensive no defensive lineups in Dallas over the last 6-8 years this should be a breath of fresh air.

I remember when the Mavs finally surrounded Dirk and Terry with legit defenders on the wings and Tyson in the middle and that changed the entire makeup of the franchise.

None of those defenders were expected to lift the mavs over the top but in the playoffs Dirk went nuts and the defense always seemed to get key stops in the 4th qtrs.

Honestly, I'm beyond ecstatic with the change in roster building moving away from all small guards and one dimensional offensive minded players.

I believe especially last year that the Mavs could afford to lose some offense to sacrifice for defense because they were going to score points regardless.

While everyone is stressing out over that 3rd star offensive player I believe this is more of a 2 star league now and if you have 2 stars and surround them with the right pieces you make noise.

Luka and KP are as good as any two man star tandem in the league. You can win it with them two if you have the right parts. That LA roster last year regardless of what anyone says wasn't that loaded they just had the right pieces around LeBron and AD

They weren't a great shooting team which is why I think at times fans and analytics get carried away with thinking you need shooters every where.

The Lakers and Heat were both two of the top defensive teams in the NBA and they met in the Finals.

The Raptors were a great defensive team the year before and won the title.

If the Mavs can somehow jump up into that top 10 defensively this year I think they are easily going to be a top 5 team in the NBA.

The only real piece I see missing is one more legit big in case of injuries up front.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:11 PM   #1746
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

For all of us who have been upset and dissatisfied with all offensive no defensive lineups in Dallas over the last 6-8 years this should be a breath of fresh air.

I remember when the Mavs finally surrounded Dirk and Terry with legit defenders on the wings and Tyson in the middle and that changed the entire makeup of the franchise.

None of those defenders were expected to lift the mavs over the top but in the playoffs Dirk went nuts and the defense always seemed to get key stops in the 4th qtrs.

Honestly, I'm beyond ecstatic with the change in roster building moving away from all small guards and one dimensional offensive minded players.

I believe especially last year that the Mavs could afford to lose some offense to sacrifice for defense because they were going to score points regardless.

While everyone is stressing out over that 3rd star offensive player I believe this is more of a 2 star league now and if you have 2 stars and surround them with the right pieces you make noise.

Luka and KP are as good as any two man star tandem in the league. You can win it with them two if you have the right parts. That LA roster last year regardless of what anyone says wasn't that loaded they just had the right pieces around LeBron and AD

They weren't a great shooting team which is why I think at times fans and analytics get carried away with thinking you need shooters every where.

The Lakers and Heat were both two of the top defensive teams in the NBA and they met in the Finals.

The Raptors were a great defensive team the year before and won the title.

If the Mavs can somehow jump up into that top 10 defensively this year I think they are easily going to be a top 5 team in the NBA.

The only real piece I see missing is one more legit big in case of injuries up front.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:12 PM   #1747
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Stolen, but we should be called the Dallas Wings
Old 11-21-2020, 09:12 PM   #1748
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:

Now we have like 8 DFSs

DDDallas
Keep it clean in here. Let's not mention Debbie.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:14 PM   #1749
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Seems like a waste of a roster spot though tbf I know absolutely nothing about him tbh
Defensive on/off likes him. He can handle, he's athletic, and he's another guy who likes to fight.

Could be a better Aminu reclamation...or he could just sit on the bench for a year. No idea, because I'd never heard of him until an hour ago, but all kinds of smart people are coming out of the woodwork to say it's a good signing.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:17 PM   #1750
MFFL
Guru

Not a bad solution except we would be even shorter on bigs

https://twitter.com/gigemyoung23/sta...123844/photo/1
Old 11-21-2020, 09:18 PM   #1751
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Camp body?
His contract is guaranteed
Old 11-21-2020, 09:18 PM   #1752
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Quote:
tim cato
@tim_cato
·
38m
the Mavericks have agreed to terms on an Exhibit 10 deal with Devonte Patterson, SWAC player of the year out of Prairie View A&M, I’m told
https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/...766282242?s=20
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:20 PM   #1753
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Now we have like 8 DFSs

DDDallas
Which makes me wonder if DFS would be available in the right deal...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:26 PM   #1754
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

I really don't know if the rookies will play well on the NBA level, but they're promising. I like how this team is shaping up. Do we still have 1 spot left?
Old 11-21-2020, 09:27 PM   #1755
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Stolen, but we should be called the Dallas Wings
Old 11-21-2020, 09:30 PM   #1756
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
His contract is guaranteed
I said I was kidding on my next post
Old 11-21-2020, 09:32 PM   #1757
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Bismack Biyombo --> high energy big with more mobility than Boban, makes sense if WCS moves on and Mavs don't draft a big

Alize Johnson --> huge upside RFA that dominated the G-League (20/13/4 a game); Pacers will want to keep him but may not be able to as they already have $125 million on the books for next year; really is looking like a phenomenal wing defender/ rebounder

Kris Dunn --> RFA; got the 11th most all-defensive team votes in the NBA; simply put a phenomenal defender who has been miscast as a lead guard

Justin Holiday --> mature, versatile wing who brings intangibles, shooting and leadership... basically a slightly better Wes Matthews

Josh Jackson --> high upside wing who improved with the Grizz last season... only 23 and has superb physical talent, only question is if he'll listen to Carlisle

De'Anthony Melton --> I actually prefer Melton to Dunn; Melton is an advanced defensive stat darling; like Dunn, he's someone who's not going to well if you ask him to do too much, but if you put him next to Luka with the directive to defend and catch-and-shoot 3s, he'll thrive

Derrick Jones Jr. --> perennial Mavs fan binkie; best dunker in the league and good defender; probably #1 on my list due to size/ potential next to Luka

Maurice Harkless --> a less fun Derrick Jones Jr.

Wes Iwundu --> RFA; another wing defender with an underrated all-around offensive game, might be the best overall of all the wings I've listed

Glenn Robinson III --> had a strong season with the Warriors before the move to Philly; yet another high-energy guy with the best shooting splits of the guys mentioned

Serge Ibaka --> his availability really depends on how the Raptors feel about their salary situation; would bring much needed leadership

Just want to say:

1) called it

2) I really like Iwundu, he’s young and one of those guys who brings all the intangibles but ultimately is only going be as good as the guys around him
Old 11-21-2020, 09:33 PM   #1758
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Just want to say:

1) called it

2) I really like Iwundu, he’s young and one of those guys who brings all the intangibles but ultimately is only going be as good as the guys around him
If you like him, then I know I'll like him. I am about to watch some of his highlights. Probably game highlights rather than season highlights I am guessing. I'll take what I can get.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:37 PM   #1759
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Just to clarify, it's not that I don't think Denver will improve from within at all. But I think it's overstated. I think we're seeing peak Jokic- which admittedly is really damn good, but I don't see him getting markedly better than he was last year. Murray is someone that everyone is swooning over right now, and it's no question why given his playoff performance- however, I honestly think he played way over his head and he will come back down to earth next year. I think he had a 2003 Nick Van Exel run. Not that he isn't really, really good. But I think he's an all-star, not a superstar.

And I'm with KillerLeft on MPJ. Nice young player, but very overrated.

So I think they can get a little better, but I think they are just as likely to be the same or actually be worse, because I think the loss of Grant hurts them more than anyone seems to realize.

Again, I think people are really overrating them based on what they did to the Clippers. Yeah, it was beautiful to watch. But they could have just as easily lost in the first round to Utah. The Jazz and Clippers just plain choked. ESPECIALLY the Clippers- they choked in maybe the worst way the NBA has ever seen.

Now if the Nuggets had lost in the first round to Utah, would anyone here think they were dangerous and be talking about how much they're going to improve from within?? Particularly after they lost an important piece and did nothing (as of now) to replace him?
Perfectly stated.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:40 PM   #1760
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Just want to say:

1) called it

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tap2390 again.