Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-17-2006, 01:07 AM   #1
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough
Default Where will the free agents go

off realgm.com

1.)Ben Wallace

-Big Ben is definitely the big fish of this free agent class. He’s widely considered the best defensive center in the league and can be a game changer. He’s professed his love for the Detroit Pistons , but that won’t stop teams from offering mega-contracts for his services. It’s a near-lock he gets a max contract from someone.

Most Likely Destination: Re-signs with Detroit

Dark Horse: Chicago

2.)Peja Stojackovic

-It’s become abundantly clear Peja Stojackovic is not a franchise player to build your team around. Though, he’s a great #2 option. His 3-point shooting is still deadly, which is why he’ll be sought after by many teams. Won’t Sacramento re-sign him? That’s a tough question to answer considering the season Sacto is having and the fact that Peja will probably demand $10 mill a year.

Most Likely Destination: Chicago

Dark Horse: Miami (via sign and trade)

3.)Al Harrington

-Harrington is having a career year and is still very young. His ability to play both forward positions, and improving lowpost game, will make him very attractive to a team looking for frontcourt talent.

Most Likely Destination: New York

Dark Horse: Indiana

4.)Joel Pryzbilla

-Virtually every team in the league is in need of size and defense at the center position; Pryzbilla brings both. He’s a legit 7’footer and has good shot blocking instincts. He’d fit perfectly on a high-octane offensive team in need of a defensive big man that doesn’t look to score.

Most Likely Destination: Re-signs with Portland

Dark Horse: Atlanta

5.)Sam Cassell

-Sam I am is having a fantastic season leading the Clippers to their first winning season in many, many years. This alone has increased his market value substantially. He’ll definitely get major interest from veteran teams looking for a fiery floor general to help them make a run at the championship.

Most Likely Destination: Dallas

Dark Horse: Memphis

6.)Jason Terry

-Terry has blossomed in Dallas. There are still detractors that say he’s a shooting guard in a point guard’s body, but he’s steadily improved each year as a floor general.

Most Likely Destination: Seattle

Dark Horse: Cleveland

7.)Desmond Mason

-This kid is pure athleticism; a game-stopping dunker with an improving perimeter shot. He’s been a fan favorite with every team he’s played for.
Most Likely Destination:

Re-signs with Oklahoma City/New Orleans

Dark Horse: Charlotte

8.)Nazr Mohammed

-Mohammed has played very well alongside Tim Duncan. He’s not a force in the middle, but is a consistent presence.

Most Likely Destination: Chicago

Dark Horse: Atlanta

9.)Bonzi Wells

-Having one of his best years as a pro; definitely one
of the best rebounding guards in the league. Plus, he’s good for 15-18ppg.

Most Likely Destination: Denver

Dark Horse: Indiana

10.)Drew Gooden

-One of the better young power forwards in the game. His defense still needs work, but he’s good for a double-double night in and night out.

Most Likely Destination: New Orleans/Oklahoma City

Dark Horse: New Jersey

Honorable Mention:
Nene, Chris Wilcox, Vladimir Radmanovic, Reggie Evans, Flip Murray, Keith Van Horn, Lorenzon Wright, Melvin Ely, Speedy Claxton, & Matt Harpring
Old 01-17-2006, 01:15 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the write up. But....the author is retarded.

Terry will most likely resign in Dallas. I don't know about Sam I am, but JET has made it crystal clear that he wants to stay here.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop
Sam Cassell
Most Likely Destination: Dallas

Jason Terry
Most Likely Destination: Seattle
That would be an interesting swap of talent.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:18 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

You know....interesting is a great descriptor. I've always liked Sam Cassell. He has a very deep talent set and is having a good year. I tired to do a side-by-side comparison with he and JET but it didn't get very far. Interesting indeed.

I still think JET is a Mav next year, but Sam? Who knows?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:14 PM   #5
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see JET wearing blue and green for many years to come, but I sure wouldn't mind being able to watch Sam-I-Am try to make good on his boast that he would make Dirk the MVP...
Old 01-18-2006, 09:15 AM   #6
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I think our PG situation will greatly depend on the progression of the one and only Devin Harris, for the rest of this season and into the playoffs...

how old is sam, 48?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:23 AM   #7
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I think our PG situation will greatly depend on the progression of the one and only Devin Harris, for the rest of this season and into the playoffs...

how old is sam, 48?
alby your 100% right. I think the mavs love terry but they will not pay him 8 or 9 a year to be a back up I just dont see that
Old 01-18-2006, 12:07 PM   #8
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I think dropping Terry for Sam could be huge for us. We'd get a guy that's been around the league forever, but is clutch. He won't demand as many minutes as Terry, so Devin will get more PT. I think its mutual, we want him, he wants us. Our offense would run significantly better, and defense...probably wouldn't change much.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #9
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

No way this happens. I can't see anybody giving Terry more than the MLE, and I can't see the Mavs wanting any part of a 50 year old Cassell. No thanks. Jason Terry will resign with the Mavs, I'm counting on it.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:02 AM   #10
snoop

if terry wants the mle hes a mav no doubt. I think he wants more around 7 to 8 and teams will give that to him. Think about teams like the bobcats and jazz.