Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-06-2009, 02:31 AM   #1
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
If anyone is interested:

Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age, Kyuss), Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters, Nirvana), and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) have recently released news about a new album they will be collaborating on that is set to release on October 23rd. Their new group is called 'Them Crooked Vultures' and is featuring Grohl on drums, Homme on vocals and guitar, and Jones on bass. It seems like this project has been tightly under wraps for some time and hasn't even hit the media until just recently in June.

If you're into any rock whatsoever this should be a big deal to you. These guys are rock legends. I can't wait to hear what the album sounds like.
this should be awesome, and in a really round about way got me to relisten to temple of the dog. Vedder and Cornell was an amazing combo. Speaking of which, Matt Cameron has drummed on a TON of amazing music. Hed be sneaky high on a list of if you could only listen to songs that one musician had a part in. Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog, and smashing pumpkins isnt too shabby a list of bands to have drummed for.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #2
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
this should be awesome, and in a really round about way got me to relisten to temple of the dog. Vedder and Cornell was an amazing combo. Speaking of which, Matt Cameron has drummed on a TON of amazing music. Hed be sneaky high on a list of if you could only listen to songs that one musician had a part in. Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog, and smashing pumpkins isnt too shabby a list of bands to have drummed for.
Damn, I love that Temple of the Dog Album... "i'm going hungryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" now i have to break it out and listen to it.

Didn't Grohl drum on the first QOTSA album? I'm pretty sure he at least played drums on "no one knows".

this is a supergroup i can get behind (i love the foo, and grohl can do no wrong in my eyes). Unlike chickenfoot.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #3
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Damn, I love that Temple of the Dog Album... "i'm going hungryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" now i have to break it out and listen to it.

Didn't Grohl drum on the first QOTSA album? I'm pretty sure he at least played drums on "no one knows".

this is a supergroup i can get behind (i love the foo, and grohl can do no wrong in my eyes). Unlike chickenfoot.
he drummed on the third qotsa album, songs for the deaf which was the one with no one knows and go with the flow. The way i got around to listening to temple of the dog was i decided to listen to some qotsa in anticipation of them crooked vultures. After that i noticed matt cameron actually drummed for them at their first live show(before they changed names from gamma rae to qotsa) but declined to actually join the band so i went through some of his stuff. I got to temple of the dog and remembered how much i loved that cd. I know it was a once in a lifetime thing but that coulda been the supergroup to end all supergroups.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 08-06-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #4
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post

Yep. That album was a masterpiece which gets me very excited about this one. I don't know what kind of music to expect.

Here's an EoDM with Grohl, Homme, and Jack Black in it. Also Elisha Cuthbert makes a cameo appearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZSje2l3VOg

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here