Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-08-2007, 10:47 AM   #441
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
re-watched seasons 1 and 2 of How I Met Your Mother, again... what a show
I know...could it be more terrible?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #442
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
damn it, damn it, damn it. why oh why is studio 60 gone? I had waited to watch the final 6 episodes, simply because i was still pissed it was cancelled.

i watched them all over the past 2 days. talk about a great show. And it really did a great job of conveying in its shows the exact thing that Studio 60 was going through (poor ratings, critically acclaimed).

I'll always hate the fact that everything they always said was "funny" on the show within the show actually wasn't funny at all... maybe that was a running joke.

anyway, as the father of a new baby girl, the last few episodes definitely got to me. I was acting just like Danny Tripp was, even bragging about the APGAR scores (and this was before i ever saw the episode).

Just a great show, amazingly well-acted, well-written, great cast even down to the minor characters (i really liked the air force captain that was in the last few episodes. I think he's been on "Las Vegas", but i never watch that show). DL Hughley used to annoy me, but he came on strong. Steven Weber was simply amazing on this show. He was probably the best part of the show for me.
Dangit BBL, I watched the last 6 as they aired, and my wound was just starting to heal, and there you go ripping off the scab again.

DANGIT what a great show.....

And I agree, Weber was just fantastic.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:17 PM   #443
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

arggg...I am the official thread stopper.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:00 PM   #444
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Dangit BBL, I watched the last 6 as they aired, and my wound was just starting to heal, and there you go ripping off the scab again.

DANGIT what a great show.....

And I agree, Weber was just fantastic.
no doubt Weber just threw down the best acting of his rather blah career...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 08-16-2007, 09:04 PM   #445
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I've started watching them (the Studio 60's)

I apparently have #'s 14 through 22 to watch.

It took me about 14 minutes to fall in love with the writing on this show again.

I hate NBC for quitting on it.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:40 AM   #446
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I know...could it be more terrible?
I love it.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:13 AM   #447
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

best sitcom since Friends, ty?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:39 AM   #448
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Best.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 08-17-2007, 04:02 AM   #449
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

agreed.

the show is legen-wait for it-dary

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:16 AM   #450
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

SLAP BET!

Also, have any of you guys seen "My Boys" on TBS? I think it's pretty funny. I think that that show, and "How I met your mother", are the best shows I've seen at capturing the natural interaction between a group of friends. Ygry rip on each other and actually laugh at each other's jokes. I just wish "how I met your mother" would lose the laugh track. It's distracting.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:11 AM   #451
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
SLAP BET!

Also, have any of you guys seen "My Boys" on TBS? I think it's pretty funny. I think that that show, and "How I met your mother", are the best shows I've seen at capturing the natural interaction between a group of friends. Ygry rip on each other and actually laugh at each other's jokes. I just wish "how I met your mother" would lose the laugh track. It's distracting.
My wife has been forcing me to give "My Boys" a chance....and for some reason, it holds my attention (moderately); but I find myself only laughing out loud maybe once per show. It's just not that funny.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #452
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

you, sir, are not funny.

it's not funny like something like The Office by any strecth of the imagination. But i definitely get laughs from the interaction between the characters. When they're off doing their own thing in their own storylines, i agree it's not as funny. but when they're all together, it's good.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 08-17-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 PM   #453
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

(3 more studio 60's left to go)

This is gripping.....fantastic television....
Old 08-22-2007, 10:17 AM   #454
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

This is gripping.....fantastic television....
ed bark?

Old 08-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #455
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

2 more entourage episodes til I have to wait til June for the next season. Heroes should keep me entertained through at least part of that.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:13 AM   #456
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

And now sadly, Studio 60 is over for me.

I like that show. I like that show a lot. I wonder how the season would've ended up if Sorkin had known he had more room to grow in it.

I will never feel about 'Matt and Danny' like I do about 'Dan and Casey', but I see the similarities and the Sorkin parallels and I like them. The 'Sports Night' references really got hot and heavy there towards the end.

Despite all of Sorkin's liberal tendencies, I will continue to blindly go and watch where he leads. He wrote the screen play for an upcoming Tom Hanks WWII movie. So there I shall go next.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:11 PM   #457
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Studio 60...not that good... actually, it was pretty bad.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:41 AM   #458
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Murph, I'm surprsied at you. Categorically stating your opinion as if it were fact.....

Disappointing.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:02 AM   #459
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
..says the person that thinks Smallville is a better show than Heroes.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 08-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #460
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
..says the person that thinks Smallville is a better show than Heroes.....
thanks for this...just a little touch of humor goes such a very long way

Old 08-27-2007, 10:39 AM   #461
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't think sike's space ship gets NBC
Old 08-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #462
sike
The Preacha

you are wrong...you are SO wrong

Old 08-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #463
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

I've been watching "Flight of the Conchords" on HBO as of late, and I'm really starting to dig this show. It's a comedy about a New Zealand rock/pop duo (and their manager) trying to make it in New York. The dialogue is incredibly dry, but the songs (there's 2 or 3 per episode) are utterly ridiculous. Good stuff.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:31 PM   #464
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i like watching that 70's show re-runs. That show is freaking funny.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:02 AM   #465
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
I've been watching "Flight of the Conchords" on HBO as of late, and I'm really starting to dig this show. It's a comedy about a New Zealand rock/pop duo (and their manager) trying to make it in New York. The dialogue is incredibly dry, but the songs (there's 2 or 3 per episode) are utterly ridiculous. Good stuff.
Flight of the Conchords - Jenny

=/

Old 09-16-2007, 11:25 PM   #466
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The fact that "30 Rock" won the Emmy for best comedy series tonight, really shows you;

a.) How meaningless those awards shows are, or
b.) What incredibly bad taste people have.

The Office is the best comedy series. I really don't personally see how it is even close.

But I suppose opinions are like uncles who get drunk and take their pants off at weddings....everybody's got one.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #467
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

granted, I think The Office is hilariously funny, but I also really like 30 Rock. It's funny.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #468
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I've watched it a couple of times since the pilot, and I admit it's better than I give it credit for. But I just remember watching the first one and being incredibly turned off. For me personally, Tina Fey's character is just not likeable.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #469
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Going into the new season these are my shows....

Lost
Jericho

and a bit reluctantly...... Heroes.... although it's only the finale that makes me feel that way. I really want to see Hiro facing his ancestors.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #470
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to give the controversial "Kid Nation" a shot, as well as "Journeyman". I was a big Quantum Leap fan as a little kiddie. Journeyman looks like it has a similar plot AND it stars the guy that played Vorpe...err...Vorenus on Rome.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 09-17-2007 at 02:21 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:32 PM   #471
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I was a big Quantum Leap fan as a little kiddie.
God I wish they still made tv like that.
I can hardly find any shows I want to watch anymore. Probably mostly just me getting old.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:34 PM   #472
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm going with:

LOST
Heroes
The Office

24....but it's on probation
Scrubs (If I happen to have nothing else to do)
...same with My Name is Earl

New shows - Haven't really seen anything that I'm interested in. That "Chuck" looks like it could have potential, which means it'll be dead by xmas....
Old 09-17-2007, 01:39 PM   #473
ty
Diamond Member

LOST
Heroes
How I Met Your Mother

...Prison Break (Season Premier tonight) is standing on the edge of my list. It better not disapoint again.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #474
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Lost
Heroes
The Office
Gray's Anatomy
How I Met Your Mother

I'll be giving Chuck a chance, but I don't expect much.

I'll probably give 30 Rock a chance, because people swear it's funny, but Tracy Morgan beats me to death, so not sure what to expect.

I'm somewhat interested in Back to You, simply because I enjoyed both shows that the stars were in before. But again, I'm not expecting much.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #475
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think I'll throw 'How I met your mother' on the DVR at least. I've seen it a couple times and people seem to be pretty high on it.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:10 PM   #476
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Bionic Woman is the only new show that remotely interests me....
Old 09-17-2007, 02:16 PM   #477
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Smallville
Heroes
That 70's show
Fresh Prince of Belair
Friends
King of Queens
Old 09-17-2007, 02:25 PM   #478
sike
The Preacha

LOST
Heroes
Mad Men
The Office

Every Mavs Game

Old 09-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #479
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

This fall it will be solely Heroes. Nothing else really interests me.

Next spring, 24, Lost, and the new Transformers series. It's the first once since the Beast Era (which is <3 to me) to be a completely American show, and not a dub of a Japanese one, so I'm hopeful.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:26 PM   #480
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Entourage is the best show right now

Skins

Curb your Enthusiasm

Heroes

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 09-17-2007 at 03:27 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dary, dvr fail, fluff warning, fluffhouse 92, fluffy envy, got a bit fluffy in here, its getting fluff in here, legen, legendaryfail, shut the fluff up!, tag wasting, wait for it, you married your tv?