Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-12-2002, 08:58 PM   #41
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The best writer on the NBA for the DFW area was David Moore. He was to basketball what Rick Gosselin is to football.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2002, 09:08 PM   #42
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

skip bayless was/is a worthless piece of cow dung when it comes to sports
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 09:24 PM   #43
JP

JP is on a distinguished road

I like Moore, but the newspapers seem more and more outdated and one dimesnsional these days. They're good for analysis after the fact, but not news.

The web is full of misinformation, but it has a certain immediacy. And its handy since I spend so much time every day on a computer. My news delivery system has changed in the last decade and I guess the writers have too.
JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 09:54 PM   #44
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

I remember back when KLIF was doing sports, they were shuffling the lineup between Norm, Fish and Wally and Leon. They moved Leon with Norm and put Fish with Wally Lynn. They came on in the evenings, when KTCK wouldn't, at my house, and I dearly dislike Randy Galloway so I found myself listening to Wally and Fish until KLIF cut off sports. Cuban used to come on quite often before he bought the Mavs and before I was sure who he was. They were buddies. I found out later that Wally worked for Mark at Broadcast.com and when it sold, made into the millions. I'm not sure how much.

Mark set Fish up after he lost the KLIF and Startlegram jobs. Wally had money from the sale of Broadcast.com. I notice Wally recently went to work for KTCK and I read somewhere where he said he had left his money in the Yahoo stock and since it is greatly devalued, he went from never having to work again to needing to generate an income.

Personally, I like listening to Fish in the afternoon because he usually talks basketball year round and has basketball and Mavs related guests on his show and is not TOO big of a kiss ass.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 10:00 PM   #45
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Fish's lips have been surgically removed from Jerry Jones' ass so many times that no medical insurance group will issue them a policy. How can you say he isn't a kiss ass?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 10:02 PM   #46
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

fish does have good guests but he does a horrible job at interviewing.
and if anyone's schtick doesn't work, it's fish's. he talks mavs which i will listen to during commericials on the hardline but he's just not a good sports talk guy and he's not entertaining.
i can't believe he's lasted this long... i'm sure he'll get axed before too long.

and yes, his JJ ass kissing is very hard to take
Old 06-12-2002, 10:03 PM   #47
Drbio
Banned

I don't think he will get fired, but I don't think he is the best at all either.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:08 PM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

he always does get fired..so i'm sure it'll happen again
Old 06-12-2002, 10:10 PM   #49
Drbio
Banned

When he was out of Tyler, people were offering him jobs all the time. Then he moved to Dallas. He will be there for a while.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:13 PM   #50
Murphy3
Guru

i'm not saying he won't bounce around here a bit..but he's not going to be a staple anywhere in the dallas market
he never has...
why not?
because he can't write..because he's not good on the radio.

how he got a job to begin with is amazing
Old 06-12-2002, 10:14 PM   #51
Drbio
Banned

I just don't see him fading out of Dallas at all. Too many people listen to him even though I don't. He has pull (I don't know why) but he convinces the hard interview t oget on his show...even if he sucks once it happens. Ergo...he sticks around like bad luggage.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:17 PM   #52
Murphy3
Guru

he has pull..but i wouldn't say he has gooe ratings.. eventually a change will be made..yeah, he might stick around a year or two more but he will be fired again because when his mediocre ratings at best aren't good enough
Old 06-12-2002, 10:18 PM   #53
Drbio
Banned

I think he will be recycled as a management guy. But I also think he will be in Big D.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:19 PM   #54
Drbio
Banned

I think we have worn this one out murph. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2002, 10:19 PM   #55
Murphy3
Guru

i'm curious as to how many times this guy's going to be recycled
Old 06-12-2002, 10:20 PM   #56
Murphy3
Guru

he used to post here every once in awhile..i'm not sure what happened
Old 06-12-2002, 10:21 PM   #57
Drbio
Banned

Who cares really?
Old 06-12-2002, 10:22 PM   #58
Drbio
Banned

was he the fishforlunch guy or was that just someone using a similar name?
Old 06-12-2002, 10:24 PM   #59
Murphy3
Guru

or somesuch
Old 06-13-2002, 08:20 AM   #60
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< was he the fishforlunch guy or was that just someone using a similar name? >>

Wondered that myself.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 08:25 AM   #61
Drbio
Banned

without being sure I didn't want to rail on the guy or anything.