Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-03-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tracking the Detroit Pistons

So I've been watching every Pistons game ever since they've been on this quest for 70, always cheering for the other team to win lol. They are in Philly tonight without Iverson and the Pistons are up 6 with seven minutes left in the 3rd (this is about the time when the Pistons usually turn it up another level and blow the other team out in hopes of a relatively easy 4th quarter). But, go sixers!

This thread is merely to track the team with the #1 record in the NBA overall.

Remember, we have only four more losses than Detroit even though they've been playing out of their minds this entire season.

A loss here and there can be crucial to homecourt in the Finals.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2006, 09:34 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Go get 'em mavs, let's take the top spot baby....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #3
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

Well, there are seven teams below .40 right now. Bos, Tor, NYK, Atl, Cha, Por and Hou. The Mavs have played a combined 10 games vs those 7 teams while the Pistons could pad their stats playing 14 gams vs the NBAs lower ranks. There goes your 4 game differential.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:13 AM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Another win tonight.

39-6

There's no doubt Detroit is the beneficiary of playing in a weaker conference, but its still a fact that they have the best record in the NBA. With that being said, I don't know if we can beat them if THEY have homecourt, it would probably go to seven with the Pistons winning it at home. If the Mavericks had homecourt, we would dispose of them in 5 or 6 easy. Go Mavs. Seattle just got blown out by Houston in Houston tonight, we have all the advantages tomorrow night.

Contact Me
Old 02-04-2006, 01:20 AM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be tough to catch those boys, they are really good right now.

That butt-whipping they put on the squirts was pretty impressive. It's crazy but those two games at San Antonio are going to be pretty big ones when they throw it up. We'll both be right in the hunt and wanting them both.

Neither team will be on b2bs so they will be quite a preview of the finals(I'm considering the mavs/squirts as the finals).
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #6
alby
Guru

A loss tonight in Indiana

39-7

only three games ahead of the Mavs/Spurs

25 offensive rebounds by the Pacers tonight...

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 02-04-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:37 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
A loss tonight in Indiana

39-7

only three games ahead of the Mavs/Spurs

25 offensive rebounds by the Pacers tonight...
Getting interesting..
Old 02-05-2006, 01:51 AM   #8
alby
Guru

2 1/2 games ahead actually..

Contact Me
Old 02-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #9
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

The mavs WILL catch them. I do find it funny that they are 2 1/2 games ahead of the mavs and I have heard that they should have AT LEAST 3 or 4 all stars and the mavs barely get mentioned for needing 1. I have never thought Josh should be an all star but if Rasheed can be a candidate then Josh is too because he actually has better numbers than sheed. Its just funny that on a team with 4 supposed all stars that has a 2 1/2 game better record, billups is considered the more viable candidate than dirk on a team with just himself. BTW on the weaker conference thing you might want to check Detroits conterence splits.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:00 PM   #10
alby
Guru

preach it

Contact Me
Old 02-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #11
alby
Guru

70 wins anyone?

they lost another game tonight

Contact Me
Old 02-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #12
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

It will be very difficult, imho, for the Pistons to win 70 games after the loss tonight to Atlanta. Those are the games that the Pistons have been winning all season, but tonight they couldn't close Atlanta out (getting outscored 8 to 4 in the final two minutes or so, I think).
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:17 PM   #13
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no way in hell Detroit wins 70.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:21 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
There is no way in hell Detroit wins 70.
ditto...except without the hell.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:35 AM   #15
alby
Guru

Detroit 41-8
San Ant 39-10
Dallas 39-11

Contact Me
Old 02-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #16
alby
Guru

i predict a spurs loss in indiana and a pistons loss in miami today =]

Contact Me
Old 02-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

i dont know about the heat. I just cant see them beating anyone that is remotely good.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

Oh I can see the heat beating detroit today. They were pretty humiliated against dallas. At home and detroit's starters seem to be really struggling with the minutes.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #19
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Pistons lose to Miami. 9 losses now.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #20
dude1394
Guru

Hmm...those detroit sphincters tightening???? Man they have NO bench...yuck..

Tayshaun prince's line is putrid.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:24 PM   #21
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

The Pistons shoot better than 47% from the floor and nail 11 of their 20 three point attempts, and still lose. Wade and Shaq combine for 68 points, and I think I heard that Wade scored 18 in the 4th. Kind of makes you wonder how long it's going to take before the media clues into the fact that Detroit is no longer a defensive powerhouse.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #22
alby
Guru

what a game! Wade scores the last 17 points for the Heat including the game winning bucket wow.

Detroit 41-9
San Ant 40-10
Dallas 39-11

dallas better win tomorrow!

Contact Me
Old 02-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #23
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Dwayne Wade is the most clutch player in the NBA... I'm dead serious, I've seen him make an ungodly number clutch shots like that. Hand in his face, from 3/4 of the way down the court, it just don't matter... If I were building a franchise and could pick any one player to build around I would honestly consider taking Wade over LeBron, and that's the damn truth. I'm not saying I would, but I'd definitely consider it.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #24
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
what a game! Wade scores the last 17 points for the Heat including the game winning bucket wow.

Detroit 41-9
San Ant 40-10
Dallas 39-11

dallas better win tomorrow!
Let's see so if we sweep the pistons and the pistons have swept the squirts and we split with the squirts and we all have the same record who gets top seed?
Old 02-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #25
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Dwayne Wade is the most clutch player in the NBA... I'm dead serious, I've seen him make an ungodly number clutch shots like that. Hand in his face, from 3/4 of the way down the court, it just don't matter... If I were building a franchise and could pick any one player to build around I would honestly consider taking Wade over LeBron, and that's the damn truth. I'm not saying I would, but I'd definitely consider it.
Wade is a great player. Will be a top 5 guy for the next 10 years. I just bought two pairs of his shoes and I got his jersey last year :-)

But.

For the season, 6-50 on three pointers is downright horrid even if you aren't a three point shooter...

Thus.

Kobe Bryant, IMO, is more clutch because he has more range which gives him a higher variety of shots from further out on the court...

However.

Wade can work on it and at least become a respectable shooter out there, he is still young.

Contact Me
Old 02-12-2006, 09:19 PM   #26
Five-ofan
Guru

You take lebron or d12 if you are building for the future. Only two people you consider. It would be lebron but D12 is a big so that makes it almost close.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #27
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I think Dwight Howard is THE player to build your team around for the future.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #28
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
I think Dwight Howard is THE player to build your team around for the future.
Agreed. Honestly, I'd rather have Dwight than LeBron. The big men get it done in this L, and if you can draw a ton of attention down low, you will open the game up for weaker perimeter players.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:10 PM   #29
alby
Guru

Dwight Howard is amazing, I hope he gets help out there... I don't want him to be another KG (getting passed the first round once in 10 years)

Contact Me
Old 02-13-2006, 10:09 AM   #30
Five-ofan
Guru

he wont be, his game will make others around him better. I am a huge dwight howard fan. How can you not be awesome if you are the best rebounder and defensive pf in the nba when you are 20 years old. That isnt a misprint, he is the best defensive pf in the nba.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:57 AM   #31
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Let's see so if we sweep the pistons and the pistons have swept the squirts and we split with the squirts and we all have the same record who gets top seed?
If we have the same record as Detroit, but have swept the season series against them, and split with the Squirts, it'll come down to division record between Dallas and Detroit. Sound weird huh? If we have a better division record than the Squirts, we get homecourt over them and the Pistons. If the Squirts have a better Division record, then Detroit has HCA throughout the playoffs.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:22 PM   #32
Five-ofan
Guru

How the crap does that workout? Not questioning but that is ridiculously stupid if it is really how it works. In a 3 team tie the first tie breaker should be round robin between them. In that scenario the mavs would be 4-2 Detroit would be 2-2 and SA would be 2-4.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:23 PM   #33
Five-ofan
Guru

Also how would a 3rd team tie breaker come into play? Only one of them can play Detroit. If we play detroit and we had the same record but swept and they have homecourt that would just be utterly stupid.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #34
alby
Guru

going into tonight

43-9 Detroit
42-11 Dallas (1 1/2 game)
41-12 San Antonio (2 1/2 game)

Detroit plays Indiana (who played them pretty well without J.O. the other day, Peja has been rejuvenated) in Detroit

Memphis plays Dallas at the ADD Arena Downtown Dallas

Contact Me
Old 02-24-2006, 01:15 AM   #35
alby
Guru

44-9 Detroit
43-11 Dallas (1 1/2 games)
41-12 San Antonio (3 games)

Contact Me
Old 03-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #36
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

They're about to lose to the Nuggets tonite. The one team that scares me, even last year, is the nuggets, and they're showing me why. Nuggets up by 11 with 3 and a half remaining.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #37
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
They're about to lose to the Nuggets tonite. The one team that scares me, even last year, is the nuggets, and they're showing me why. Nuggets up by 11 with 3 and a half remaining.
It's only 3rd quarter!

79-67 Denver with 1:38 left in 3Q
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:46 PM   #38
bernardos70
Diamond Member

shoot, I just noticed that. But keep watching, they will lose. When Ruben Patterson hits a 3 on you, you know you're about to lose
Old 03-01-2006, 10:46 PM   #39
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Go Nugs!
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #40
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
shoot, I just noticed that. But keep watching, they will lose. When Ruben Patterson hits a 3 on you, you know you're about to lose
I hope you're right... although with Detroit this year it's never over until it's over.

82-72 Denver End of 3Q
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote