Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-16-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of
Unhappy Suns at Mavs: 52-11 (where art thou DDH?)

Don't worry, I won't even try...Just keeping it real!
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

DDH is actually a clone of doctor bio...
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

ddh posted it over on dallasbasketball.com but not here
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

we must've crushed his spirit.

I blame sike
Old 03-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddh
Well, another streak is snapped (Dallas wins at home) and one begins (Dallas loses 2 in a row). The Mavs will kick themselves for this one. They let a 16 point lead get away from them in the fourth quarter, and despite some occasional heroics that almost got the victory, the team fell short. I've got a hunch that Dirk lost his MVP tonight too. I wish I thought the voters had good enough sense to consider the whole body or work, but I think Nash just jumped in front in the eyes of many.

The only really good thing that came out of this game is that I am already detached and disillusioned. It didn't even take getting to the playoffs to make it happen. The officiating was horrendous again, and only the announcing from ESPN was worse. Bob Ortegal and Mark Followill, I missed you guys dearly.

I don't think the league calls moving picks of traveling anymore. Nash is the world's worst travler. Did he do that here too? You have to appreciate all of the elbows to the kidneys that the Suns dish out too.

The Mavs should have knocked down their free throws and not committed so many stupid fouls, and they would have won this game in spite of it all. Instead, the team lost a golden opportunity to assert themselves as a clear favorite, if there even is such a thing.

I don't want anyone to ever tell me again that this league isn't tampered with. Over and over again I see teams who trail by 10 plus points get every single call down the stretch. Even when the games get closer, the trailing teams usually get the benefit of the doubt. It seems pretty obvious to me that this league often hopes and prays for close games so that someone may make magic happen. So the Suns got a lot of calls down the stretch in the fourth quarter, the Mavs didn't do their part, and magic happened. In overtime, the Mavs found themselves trailing and suddenly got two to three questionable calls in their favor, and blam! Magic happens again with a Terry three pointer. But no matter how you slice it, it's not a fairly called game.

Steve Nash and Amare Stoudamire were fantastic tonight. They killed Dallas.

No one will mention it because the Mavs are so deep, but this team missed the Devins. The sad thing was seeing Devin Harris get clubbed in the head, causing a strain that forced him to sit the rest of the night (and maybe longer) on a play where no foul was called. Surprise.

Jason Terry played big. He likes playing against the Suns.

Dirk had 30, 16, and 6, but this wasn't one of his best games. As great as Dirk was in the second and third quarters, he faded severely down the stretch. The officiating got to him more than anyone else on the team. He had a legit argument, but he missed shots he usually hits.

Erick Dampier and Gana Diop had nice nights. Stoudamire scored a lot against the Mavs, but the Dallas centers did a very good job of working the boards. I thought they played with a lot of energy and kept the Mavs in the game when it seemed like Dallas might get blown out early.

Jerry Stackhouse was great tonight. He hit a lot of big shots.

Josh Howard had 19 and 9. He did a pretty good job against Nash. It's hard to ask for more from him, but I thought the team needed a little more.

Greg Buckner wasn't much of an offensive threat, and that hurt Dallas tonight. He was pretty good defensively - even though he got hip checked by Raja into the third row on Nash's miraculous game-tying 3.

The Mavs have to use this game to toughen up. They played uncharacteristically bad late in the game, and choked away an important game.
ddh... hope you don't mind me posting it here...
Old 03-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I was unable to access the site right after the game, I'm sure that's why he didn't post it here.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote