Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-28-2006, 09:34 AM   #1
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold
Default UFC 66: Chuck vs. Tito II

who ya got?

I'm going Chuck again. his counter punching is otherworldy, and I'm not confident in Tito's ability to take him down. he's a very good wrestler, but the only guy I've really seen take down Chuck effectively was Couture, and Ortiz is nowhere near the wrestler Couture was (and still is, really). prediction: Tito goes for a takedown, Chuck sprawls, checks a leg kick upon standing up, and then hits Tito with a looping punch that kills him.

Chuck via pummeling, R3
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2006, 09:45 AM   #2
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I love tito but i just dont see anyway he beats a kick boxer like chuck with such great take down defense. If he can effictively take him down(and it will take more than once because chuck isnt ken shamrock and wont go away immediately) I can see tito winning but i just dont see him standing up to Chucks Striking.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:22 PM   #3
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

tito!!!!!!!!!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:28 PM   #4
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
tito!!!!!!!!!
Chuck is a world class striker, tito is very average in that department. If he cant get it to the ground, he wont be able to survive two rounds and he has GREAT takedown defense. Tito is the best in the weight class at Ground and Pound and one of the best in the world not named fedor once he gets you to the ground and is on top BUT i just dont see him being able to take chuck down. This fight could very easily look alot like the hughes GSP fight except that Chuck is a better striker than GSP.

I love tito so i would love to see him win but i just dont see it happening.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

come on.

where is the vcash for this event.

speaking of the event when is it, i assume it PPV
Old 11-28-2006, 01:35 PM   #6
Five-ofan
Guru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=...&v=P17Bd8oV5mo

Now i dont know what possessed Tito to try to stand up with Chuck but honestly watch that and tell me what makes you think Tito is gonna beat chuck? Tito just doesnt have anything to scare chuck to keep him from fully committing with his striking.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:35 PM   #7
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
come on.

where is the vcash for this event.

speaking of the event when is it, i assume it PPV
December 30
Old 11-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #8
MavsX
Diamond Member

all im saying is im hoping tito will win. but we'll see...holla!
Old 11-28-2006, 05:11 PM   #9
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Chuck is not a world class striker...no one in MMA is, except MAYYYYYBE Cro Cop. the only true world class strikers are pretty much kickboxers. he has very little striking discipline, and outside of counter punching, he doesn't have that big of an arsenal.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:20 PM   #10
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED
Chuck is not a world class striker...no one in MMA is, except MAYYYYYBE Cro Cop. the only true world class strikers are pretty much kickboxers. he has very little striking discipline, and outside of counter punching, he doesn't have that big of an arsenal.
That is true. Even in the MMA world there are people with similar or better striking(Rampage destroyed him mostly with striking and a couple of take downs), I do some kick boxing(though clearly no wear near that level) so i should have known better than to say that but oh well.

Also on the striking theres someone i cant remember who his name is but i remember a lower weight class guy who made rogan mention the difference between UFC guys who think they are world class strikers and guys who really are. He had won or been in some big kick boxing competitions i cant remember but he won in what looked like about 5 seconds but was officially 10 or something like that. Im trying to find out who it was. I would think he would be up there on the list of MMA strikers.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

It was Duane Ludwig and the fight was along time ago so I dont know what happened to him but he would also be a world class striker.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:58 PM   #12
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I'll bet on Chuck Norris serving a roundhouse-related death to this Tito Jackson fella.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:46 AM   #13
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
I'll bet on Chuck Norris serving a roundhouse-related death to this Tito Jackson fella.
thanks for this.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:57 PM   #14
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

can we get some vCash on this one? less than two weeks!

Last edited by endtroducing MASKED; 12-19-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #15
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Full fight card:

1. UFC Light Heavyweight Championship: Chuck Liddell (champion) vs. Tito Ortiz - Liddell, pummeling, R3
2. Forrest Griffin vs. Keith Jardine - Griffin, twisting, R2
3. Andrei Arlovski vs. Marcio Cruz - Arlovski, pummeling, R1
4. Chris Leben vs. Jason MacDonald - Leben, pummeling, R1
5. Michael Bisping vs. Eric Schafer - Bisping, twisting, R2
6. Thiago Alves vs. Tony DeSouza - DeSouza, twisting, R1
7. Christian Wellisch vs. Anthony Perosh - Perosh, pummeling, R2
8. Yushin Okami vs. Rory Singer - Okami, pummeling, R1
9. Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Carmelo Marrero - Gonzaga, twisting, R2

Matches 6 through 9 will likely not be televised.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:26 AM   #16
Five-ofan
Guru

the more i think about this the more im actually leaning the other way. It is largely because im actually a tito fan but the more i think about it the more i could see it happening as long as tito isnt stupid enough to try to stand up with chuck like he did last time.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:37 AM   #17
MavsX
Diamond Member

tito tito tito!
Old 12-21-2006, 03:21 PM   #18
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
the more i think about this the more im actually leaning the other way. It is largely because im actually a tito fan but the more i think about it the more i could see it happening as long as tito isnt stupid enough to try to stand up with chuck like he did last time.
Tito: "I believe I can strike with Liddell."

sealed his own fate.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:19 AM   #19
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED
Tito: "I believe I can strike with Liddell."

sealed his own fate.

Oh god, we're doomed. There goes 100 vcash..damnit!

Well have to wait and see this weekend! Tito! Tito! Tito!

Last edited by MavsX; 12-28-2006 at 09:19 AM.