Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-26-2022, 04:49 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

So personally I think Schroder ensures a great season. He is the perfect insurance piece.

Now, I'm guessing the reason the Mavs don't want him is defense. I can see that. Luka and SD are already mediocre to sometimes subpar defenders. Hard to match last season defensively when you've also added a not good at d Wood.

Problem is our defenders can't handle the ball for sh**. Green and Frank can make plays, but they can't run an offense to save their lives. And they're better than Bullock and DFS in that regard.

If that is the case that they don't want a poor defensive guard, then you can forget someone like Kemba Walker as well.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 06:05 PM   #2
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
So personally I think Schroder ensures a great season. He is the perfect insurance piece.

Now, I'm guessing the reason the Mavs don't want him is defense. I can see that. Luka and SD are already mediocre to sometimes subpar defenders. Hard to match last season defensively when you've also added a not good at d Wood.

Problem is our defenders can't handle the ball for sh**. Green and Frank can make plays, but they can't run an offense to save their lives. And they're better than Bullock and DFS in that regard.

If that is the case that they don't want a poor defensive guard, then you can forget someone like Kemba Walker as well.
They shouldn't be worried about a backup PGs defense IMO.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 08:01 PM   #3
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
They shouldn't be worried about a backup PGs defense IMO.
Yeah, Brunson wasn't a good defender so it shouldn't hurt them.
Guys like Green, Frank Bullock and Maxi will be on 2nd unit so they,ll need offense.

I'm hoping Bullock, Maxi, Green, Frank, and DFS take their offensive games to another level because we are starving for some 2 way players.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 08:09 AM   #4
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Yeah, Brunson wasn't a good defender so it shouldn't hurt them.
Guys like Green, Frank Bullock and Maxi will be on 2nd unit so they,ll need offense.

I'm hoping Bullock, Maxi, Green, Frank, and DFS take their offensive games to another level because we are starving for some 2 way players.
Brunson played turrble team defense. It was highly frustrating.

I think Frank and Green are the only ones who have big leap potential. Maxi is probably at his ceiling...DFS and Bullock probably are too.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 01:36 PM   #5
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Brunson played turrble team defense. It was highly frustrating.

I think Frank and Green are the only ones who have big leap potential. Maxi is probably at his ceiling...DFS and Bullock probably are too.
One of my biggest concerns with the absence of Brunson is that Hardaway will try to take on a much bigger role and that could very likely become a disaster.

You're right, Frank and Green (and maybe Hardy) have to take huge steps to help keep that from happening.

Last edited by rimrocker; 08-29-2022 at 01:37 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 03:25 PM   #6
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

I still don?t get why we are not exploring Dennis Schroeder.
Low risk, high reward!

Last edited by Lestat_1795; 08-30-2022 at 03:25 PM.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat_1795 View Post
I still don?t get why we are not exploring Dennis Schroeder.
Low risk, high reward!
I mean there are multiple rumors that we're interested. I'm not sure why you'd say we aren't when all the rumors are saying we're at least trying

Lakers are just favorites and it all comes down to Westbrook. He's gumming up the system, because if he stays, Schroder will be free to come to Dallas. If he somehow get's traded, the Lakers want Dennis.

But Westbrook is also tied to Mitchell/Kyrie trades. Lakers are trying to pawn Westbrook off as part of those trades. They're not going to accept that they have to keep Westbrook until it's clear that they have to.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote