Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-18-2007, 09:37 PM   #1
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Dwayne Wade (1-18-07)

I know that I may be beating a dead horse here, but I'm watching the Heat / Pacers game on TNT, and Wade has received a number of ridiculously favorable whistles driving to the rim, the most recent of which he "earned" when Jermaine O'Neal acted like he was going to challenge a layup but backed off, may have glanced Wade near the waist with his hand, and was called for a foul as Wade went tumbling to the floor. Rick Carlisle has been going crazy this entire second half watching his guys get the short end of the stick on these calls.

Of course, on the next play, Wade is driving the ball to the basket, and O'Neal (who now has 5 fouls) has to make sure to stay as far away as possible so as not to get his 6th foul for sneezing in Wade's direction. Result: easy layup for Wade.

To make matters worse, it seems that TNT is not even showing replays of foul calls which Wade receives, or if they do, the analysts bend over backwards to justify the call (Doug Collins was guilty in this instance, saying that because O'Neal didn't stand completely still when Wade was approaching the basket, and [unbelievably] turned to see if Wade would make the shot or miss it, he set himself up to draw the foul).

[end of complaint]

Last edited by 4cwebb; 01-18-2007 at 09:37 PM.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2007, 08:12 AM   #2
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Not that we need to be talking about this anymore, but on the call you're talking about, I don't remember who but I'm pretty sure they just got the wrong guy. JO didn't commit a foul but a Pacer did, so same deal.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Duhwayne wade = dead horse, come Sunday.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:06 PM   #4
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cwebb
(Doug Collins was guilty in this instance, saying that because O'Neal didn't stand completely still when Wade was approaching the basket, and [unbelievably] turned to see if Wade would make the shot or miss it, he set himself up to draw the foul).
I remember that! Collins sounded perfectly sincere when he said turning to face Wade was a foul. These cracks about "breathing on Wade" are no exaggeration.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:25 AM   #5
KFunk

KFunk will become famous soon enough

I hate him with a fiery passion. And it's pretty much all the refs' fault
KFunk is offline   Reply With Quote