Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-01-2005, 05:40 AM   #1
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Knicks vs. Lakers - 2/28

Thoughts on the final play in OT? Walton gets the ball from Bryant cutting to the basket, it appears his path is significantly impeded from the highlights on espn motion, so he makes a nice drop pass to Bryant right under the goal. Bryant fumbles the ball, tries to fade to the corner, but Kurt Thomas follows him and prevents him from getting off a potentially game-tying attempt. Bryant slams the ball down in frustration and glares at Luke.

Any thoughts on who is in the right? I side with Walton, but I'll note I have a strong dislike for Kobe, so it's probably clouding my judgment a tad.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2005, 07:26 AM   #2
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default RE:Knicks vs. Lakers - 2/28

Walton could've stopped and took that shot. That's the problem with players that are too passive.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 07:58 AM   #3
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Knicks vs. Lakers - 2/28

The problem with that club is that Kobe is the only player on it that has ever made, much less taken, a shot that's meant anything..
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:28 AM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see the play, but the coach said Walton should've taken the shot.

I feel sorry for Walton, Cook and any other young player that's been drafted into that train wreck.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:49 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Kobe is a grade A ass. That just underscores the demise of the lakers franchise into mediocrity. As long as showbe the drama puss is essentially running the team, the lakers will never again amount to anything important.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:19 PM   #6
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road

Hey Kobe lemme get this straight, the kid defers to you in a situation you def could've gotten a shot off... you blow it... so you're pissed at Luke??

Let's think plan b.) Walton takes the shots, misses it... Lakers lose. Is that when you'd go and give him a hug anyhow Kobe? Oh wait you'd just glare at him anyhow? That's what I thought you asshole. Go do some scouting for your lottery pick you drama queen.
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote