Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #761
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

Kawhi ruled out now. Interesting.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM   #762
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It is weird how we're stuck in this void of the unknown. Like, I feel like we could lose by 30 or win by 20. Or go into overtime. Legit no idea what to expect.

But we need other guys to step up on offense. That is essential.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #763
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It is weird how we're stuck in this void of the unknown. Like, I feel like we could lose by 30 or win by 20. Or go into overtime. Legit no idea what to expect.

But we need other guys to step up on offense. That is essential.
Idk what to expect either. Hurt Luka is so bad for us. If i had to bet my own money, Id bet that we can't overcome limping Luka 1v1 defense in iso AND the crowd. I saw nothing that makes me confodent that they wont just easily get PG or JH switch to Luka and just hammer it down the stretch

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; Yesterday at 09:35 PM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:33 PM   #764
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
"winning attitude" good grief. That just sounds like passive aggressive nonsensical Luka hate.

Nobody wants to win more than Luka.
Winning attitude means being able to control your emotions in close playoff games and playing through adversity when things don't go your way.

Jokic unlike Luka won't risk getting a tech in crucial game or situation

Jokic will run back on defense with his teammates and not spend the entire possession barking at the refs

That's what I meant by winning attitude

People think I hate Luka which is not true

I just don't agree with his actions most of the time when it comes to the refs. The playoffs are physical and sinetimes you just have to move on to the next Plsy and I think we all can agree that jokic does a far better job of that then Luka.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM   #765
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Idk what to expect either. Hurt Luka is so bad for us. If i had to bet my own money, Id bet that we can't overcome limping Luka 1v1 defense in iso AND the crowd. I saw nothing that makes me confodent that they wont just easily get PG or JH switch to Luka and just hammer it down the stretch
I believe the extra day off will actually help him.

Listening to interview after that game 4 he seemed humbled about not matching the production of Kyrie.

He's do for a breakout game in terms of efficiency. I think he will adjust and shoot less 3's which should help him shoot much better overall.

Would love to more mid post or low post plays by him vs Harden, Coffey or Mann because none of them can slow him him down if he's posting up more
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:43 AM   #766
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

HISTORICAL ODDS
Before series in a 4-5 matchup (0-0) - 50% of winning best of 7 (14-14)
After game 1 - (0-1) - 14.6% of winning the series (55-321)
After game 2 - (1-1) - 45% of winning series (212-254)
After game 3 - (2-1) - 73.3% of the time (162-59)
After game 4 - (2-2) - 50% of the time (230-229)

Teams that win Game 5 of a 2-2 best-of-seven series go on to win the series 82.8% of the time (164-34)

LUKA-ERA HISTORY OF GAME 5s
2022 - JAZZ - Mavs went 2-2 - Won game 5 and finished the Jazz in 6
2021 - CLIPPERS - Mavs went 2-2 - Won game 5 and lost games 6/7
2020 - CLIPPERS - Mavs went 2-2 - Lost game 5 and the series in 6

Mavs 1-1 in game fives against the Clippers (but 0-2 in the series)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; Today at 09:53 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:35 AM   #767
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Well the Cavs/Magic game 5 was decided by 1 point.

My current guess is tonight's game will be similar if not OT.

Love seeing the fight of the Sixers and Bucks. Mavs need that fight tonight...to the end!

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; Today at 10:36 AM.
Old Today, 11:55 AM   #768
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to say to much with such a small sample size, but it seems to me that the Clippers' 3pt shooting percentage is the best predictor of success. This is especially true if you look at the support players (Mann, Coffey, Westbrook, Hyland). In the "Mavs win" games, that group was 2-6 and 0-9. In the "Clippers win" games the same group is 7-11 and 4-9 from 3pt. Maybe that should be a focus for game 5. You might not be able to stop PG or Harden when they are hot, but the rest of the team seems to be another story.
Old Today, 01:07 PM   #769
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Luka is fucked. The quotes today are not good.

He said his knee is not good. And he would not be playing if it wasn?t playoffs.
Old Today, 01:12 PM   #770
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Don't be such a downer. He still gave us 29/10/10 on a bad knee.

Every player is dealing with something. NBA life isn't fair.

Kidd said Luka looked good in practice, so what can you do?

Old Today, 02:00 PM   #771
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't be such a downer. He still gave us 29/10/10 on a bad knee.

Every player is dealing with something. NBA life isn't fair.

Kidd said Luka looked good in practice, so what can you do?
This.

Also in the clip Luka totally laughed it off. He's not saying this with his head in his hands crying. He was being playful.

Now we need a win tonight, but I'm not going to say the Mavs are done yet.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:23 PM   #772
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Hard to say to much with such a small sample size, but it seems to me that the Clippers' 3pt shooting percentage is the best predictor of success. This is especially true if you look at the support players (Mann, Coffey, Westbrook, Hyland). In the "Mavs win" games, that group was 2-6 and 0-9. In the "Clippers win" games the same group is 7-11 and 4-9 from 3pt. Maybe that should be a focus for game 5. You might not be able to stop PG or Harden when they are hot, but the rest of the team seems to be another story.
Gawd if I see another made 3 from one of these scrubs...seriously though, they should regress to some mean or at least lower than what they've been hitting. I'd also argue that Harden and George are shooting it better than their season averages and should come back down to earth a little bit. Though the latter is just simply that good, can't do much about his corner 3 the other night.

I think we see a different Clippers team. They played freely in games 1 and 4 due to Kawhi out. I chalk that up to tempo and pace along with them hitting an ungodly amount of threes. I know we jest about J Kidd and coaching. It will be painfully obvious that a new HC will be necessary if they cannot adjust to the Kawhi-less Clippers and get the dub tonight.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:23 PM   #773
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Gawd if I see another made 3 from one of these scrubs...seriously though, they should regress to some mean or at least lower than what they've been hitting. I'd also argue that Harden and George are shooting it better than their season averages and should come back down to earth a little bit. Though the latter is just simply that good, can't do much about his corner 3 the other night.

I think we see a different Clippers team. They played freely in games 1 and 4 due to Kawhi out. I chalk that up to tempo and pace along with them hitting an ungodly amount of threes. I know we jest about J Kidd and coaching. It will be painfully obvious that a new HC will be necessary if they cannot adjust to the Kawhi-less Clippers and get the dub tonight.
I agree with the new HC part but I still think we are missing a 2 way piece to the puzzle.

Theres always going to be an athletic scorer with size or 2 that you have to defend on the road to a chip. That person also has to dribble and score on the other end. We still dont have it.

Maybe a top coach could get us there as built but i doubt it. In the mean time, I think we need a few more weeks of answered prayers to even come close.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote