Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-28-2002, 10:54 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

when will don nelson make the #1 offensive player on the team the #1 offensive option consistently..especially down the stretch.. and even moreso when he's on fire?

Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2002, 11:00 PM   #2
MackJack

MackJack is on a distinguished road

Murphy we all know this is about the last shot, I know you have said that you don't mind Dirk not taken the shot but I know that's BS. KG was all over the Dirk, and Nash had a great look at the shot. He missed it, life goes on. Now we can cry about this 1, or get ready for the next 1. I say we get ready for the next 1, and put this 1 behind us. The Mavs didn't come ready to play early on, the Wolves took advantage of that and won the game. They are not a better team than us, but they simply played all 48 minutes tonight and we didn't.
MackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:07 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it is not about the last shot at all.
please do not ruin this thread by starting your b.s.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:08 PM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

this thread has been soiled by mackjack. therefore, i will start a new one
Old 03-28-2002, 11:10 PM   #5
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Completely, completely agree with Murph. For the entire last four minutes of the game, I was screaming, "GO TO DIRK! GO TO DIRK!" But nope. Again and again, iso for Finley. Iso for Van Exel. Iso for Finley. Brick. Hell, I'm getting kind of tired of isolation plays altogether. Why not at least try to run a real play? How about the Dirk/Nash pick and roll EVERY time, except give the ball to Dirk and let him post up and create? Dirk/Nash pick and roll works 9 out of 10 times.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:13 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

the pick and roll is nice..but i think the mavs should post dirk up more.. especially down the stretch.. he was almost unstoppable in the post tonight.. well, he was stoppable, it was called fouling dirk
Old 03-28-2002, 11:32 PM   #7
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

That's exactly what I said. Pick and roll, get the smaller defender on Dirk, post him up. He either scores or gets double teamed and kicks out for the jumpshot. I swear the Mavs score virtually every time they run this play... I remember Donnie Nelson winning close games by running this play every single time in the clutch. Don needs to learn from his son... Nick Van Exel is not your go-to guy...
Old 03-28-2002, 11:40 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

well, i'm only stating that you not only get the ball to dirk and post him up via the pick and roll...but sometimes you just go down and post him up..not always a need for the pick and roll to get the smaller defender on dirk.. just give him the damn ball and let the offense run from there... fin or nash will be wide open from behind the arc and we have a happy board..and a better team
Old 03-29-2002, 01:31 AM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The Mavs need to rediscover what DRIVING TO THE DAMN HOOP means. That would do wonders.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote