Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stack on his way out of Dallas? (DMN)

And there was much rejoicing among certain members of Dallas-Mavs.com--

Quote:
November 17, 2008
Stackhouse, agent exploring options
4:15 PM Mon, Nov 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Eddie Sefko E-mail News tips

Jerry Stackhouse remains loyal to the Mavericks. But his belief in himself and his competitive nature have led him to a possible crossroads as he and his agent are exploring options for a possible departure from the Mavericks, including a buyout and trade scenarios that might make sense.

Stackhouse said after practice today that he's not bitter, nor is he upset that the direction of the Mavericks left him on the inactive list for Sunday's game at New York. He simply feels like he has too much good basketball left to be in that role.

"The team is always going to protect themselves, so I can't force their hand to do anything,'' Stackhouse said. "I don't really know all the options right now. I talked to Jeff (Schwartz, his agent) yesterday and we've had dialogue over the last few weeks and it's like we were going to keep playing it out. And it's to the point now where it's time to start researching some things and see if there are some other possibilities that make more sense for me right now.''

There are a lot more details and we'll bring them to you as soon as possible.
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Let's see the outcome. I would prefer a package of Stack, George and Bass for a legitimate shooting guard. Terry can be the backup (he's better from the bench IMO) and Green could backup JHo. Singleton can backup Dirk then. Well, I wouldn't wonder if some people here would like to get rid of Damp (although he played well the last games; I don't count the Knicks' game) and/or Diop (but who would take his contract?), but that doesn't seem to be expectable.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I too, lust for a shooting guard in exchange for George/Stack/Bass

but I wont get my hopes up.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I will absolutely flip out if they buy him out. He needs to be moved for an asset of some sort, period.

Any team acquiring him for his expiring contract will almost certainly buy him out at that point. THEN he can go suck for someone else.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:52 PM   #6
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Farewell Stack. I'd hate to see that much talent go to waste. He has so much inside of him (ego). Oh well.

LOL

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:54 PM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

So...this clearly has to mean that him being inactive yesterday was not a one time thing. This must be a situation where Carlisle (or someone) has sat down and told him he's basically out of the rotation (and not even dressing) most nights.

If that hasn't happened, then Stack is REALLY over reactive over being inactive for one game.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-17-2008, 06:55 PM   #8
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I will absolutely flip out if they buy him out. He needs to be moved for an asset of some sort, period.

Any team acquiring him for his expiring contract will almost certainly buy him out at that point. THEN he can go suck for someone else.
Exactly. He is one of the few legit trade chips we have and to simply buy him out would be a waste of options. I wouldn't put it past our FO office to do that though. Either way, this can't drag on.

Shooting 29 percent and getting 5 ppg...that's a volume I can't take.
I've been on the be gone with Stackhouse camp for quite a while.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-17-2008 at 06:57 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #9
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Better info on the FWST blog (shocking, I know):

Link
Quote:

Jerry Stackhouse opened up on Monday, one day after being inactive at New York, and said he wants an opportunity to play elsewhere. Believing he can still contribute at a high level, but is perhaps not a good fit in Rick Carlisle's up-tempo, motion offense that is more freelance than structure, Stackhouse has requested that his agent begin to explore trade scenarios or a possible buyout.

A buyout would obviously give Stackhouse more flexibility. He is due $7 million this season and $2 million next season with that total decreasing with each passing day. Stackhouse was adamant that he is not demanding a trade and that he remains loyal to the franchise, but he is seeking a resolution he hopes can both benefit him and the team.
"I'm exploring options," Stackhouse said after the Mavs' Monday workout in Charlotte, N.C. "The team is always going to protect itself, I can't force their hand to do anything. I don't really know all the options right now. I talked to [agent] Jeff [Schwartz] yesterday. We've had dialogue over the last few weeks. I think it's to the point now where it's time to start researching some things and seeing if there's other possibilities that make more sense for me right now.
Stackhouse said his agent has been gauging interest in Stackhouse around the league.
"Now it's time to take that discovery to [Mavs president] Donnie [Nelson] and to [owner] Mark [Cuban]," Stackhouse said, "and hopefully it adds up."

Stackhouse has struggled this season. He's shooting just 29.8 percent from the floor and 18.8 percent from 3-point range. The 14-year veteran has played in eight of 10 games this season. He was saddled with a rare DNP - Coach's Decision against Cleveland and was not active Sunday at New York.
He's also been keeping very quiet about a nagging right foot injury, plantar fasciitis, that required a cortisone shot three weeks ago and that coach Rick Carlisle said has been more of a problem than Stackhouse has let on.
None of it helps his trade value at this point. Teams could be interested in his virtually expiring contract. An eventual buyout might be the ultimate scenario.
Either way, one of the prime faces of the Mavericks franchise during over the past five seasons, is likely soon to be headed elsewhere, eager for a shot to see if he still can contribute in a significant way.
So, it sounds like he's been unhappy for a while. I mean did on DNP trigger this? Did he just see the writing on the wall? This is bizarre.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 11-17-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #10
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Kidd/Miller/Howard/Nowitzki/Dampier
Starbury/Terry/Green/Singleton/Diop

I BELIEVE!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #11
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

He's also been keeping very quiet about a nagging right foot injury, plantar fasciitis, that required a cortisone shot three weeks ago and that coach Rick Carlisle said has been more of a problem than Stackhouse has let on.

That really helps the up-sale value. lol
I'm loyal to the team...but, uh, get me the hell out of here.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #12
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

oh please
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #13
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

the list of ex mavs for which Darth Ape throws out the random, bitter comment will grow.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:17 PM   #14
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, it sounds like he's been unhappy for a while. I mean did on DNP trigger this? Did he just see the writing on the wall? This is bizarre.
I'm all for getting rid of Stack, but these reports make it sound like he thinks he's too good for this team all of a sudden...

There better be a trade in the works because my sports pants are very confused right now!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-17-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #15
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

My opinion of Rick Carlisle has just experienced an uptick!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I ran 6 miles yesterday with plantar fascitis...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:37 PM   #17
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah... Stack can too. But can you miss corner 3s like him?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #18
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Yeah... Stack can too. But can you miss corner 3s like him?
For, let me see...
$7 million this season and $2 million next season with that total decreasing with each passing day,

uh, yeah I can.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #19
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

I like how this was referred to as a "discovery" for Mark and Donnie
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #20
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No kidding. If the Mavs buy him out then they deserve to be shot.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:22 PM   #21
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Say what you want, but he's being a stand up classy guy about it. I respect him for that.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #22
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Stack for Marquis Daniels. Their salaries match, don't they?
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #23
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

If the mavs get nothing for stackhouse, I will be so pissed, get something for him, trade him to new York with some other pieces and pick up a legit post up player Randolph or somebody sheesh!
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:29 PM   #24
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
Say what you want, but he's being a stand up classy guy about it. I respect him for that.
Is he? I mean I suppose he's probably not causing trouble in the locker room, but he's being pretty fake when he says he's "loyal to the Mavericks".

I completely understand still wanting to play if you think you still have it. But just don't say you're "loyal to the Mavericks" and then start looking for a way out the INSTANT you're in danger of falling out of the rotation. Someone who is "loyal to the Mavericks" would at the very least wait and see how the rotation finally shakes out before doing this.

I don't think he's a bad dude, but I'm not sure he's being overly classy either. He's just a guy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #25
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Lets do something to get Mike Miller in here!

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:42 PM   #26
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Lets do something to get Mike Miller in here!
I don't think Mavs have the right pieces to get him
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #27
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt we're gonna get any really effective players for him. At this point I'd be happy with a draft pick or two.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #28
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Quote:
Is he? I mean I suppose he's probably not causing trouble in the locker room, but he's being pretty fake when he says he's "loyal to the Mavericks".

I completely understand still wanting to play if you think you still have it. But just don't say you're "loyal to the Mavericks" and then start looking for a way out the INSTANT you're in danger of falling out of the rotation. Someone who is "loyal to the Mavericks" would at the very least wait and see how the rotation finally shakes out before doing this.

I don't think he's a bad dude, but I'm not sure he's being overly classy either. He's just a guy.

JTHIG think of it objectively. Everyone lays it on thick when they talk about the other side of negotiations. The mavs told devin and diop they had nothing to worry about. Im sure they told all the players they had nothing to worry about just before offering stack in the trade for artest. My point is, the organization deserves loyalty, but not blind loyalty. From what we are accustomed to seeing from Professional athletes (sit outs, skipping pratices, faking injuries (jkidd), and so many other TOM FOOLERY CHICANERY, I think his approach is plenty Classy).

Old 11-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #29
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I don't think the organization deserves loyalty. I don't really have an issue with Stack looking for a place he can play (although it does seem awfully sudden, that's my only real problem with it). However, I just don't think he can say with a straight face that he's loyal, that's all.

Someone truly loyal would stick around, mentor the young wings and be prepared to play if an injury happened. I'm not saying he should do that, but if he was truly loyal that's what he would do.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #30
basketballgirl25
Banned

basketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these partsbasketballgirl25 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
JTHIG think of it objectively. Everyone lays it on thick when they talk about the other side of negotiations. The mavs told devin and diop they had nothing to worry about. Im sure they told all the players they had nothing to worry about just before offering stack in the trade for artest. My point is, the organization deserves loyalty, but not blind loyalty. From what we are accustomed to seeing from Professional athletes (sit outs, skipping pratices, faking injuries (jkidd), and so many other TOM FOOLERY CHICANERY, I think his approach is plenty Classy).
you forgot migraines, sorry just had to add it, you know I did.
basketballgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #31
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Stack needs to be realistic.. there is no place that he can play.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #32
quietsavant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Stack needs to be realistic.. there is no place that he can play.
SHH! dont alert the rest of the league. We may get some sucka to take him. Maybe Byron scott from the hornets. Now that would be grand..

Old 11-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #33
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Didn't someone on here say Charlotte was interested in Stack?
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #34
quietsavant

Stackhouse situation has many sides
7:06 PM Mon, Nov 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

Jerry Stackhouse is probably going to be a former Maverick before too many more weeks (days?) go by. That will be a sad day for those who have watched him give the Mavericks heart, soul and toughness for the last four years.

Stackhouse also have rehabilitated his image while he's been at Dallas. When he left Washington, he didn't have many friends in many NBA front offices. A lot of people were surprised at how well Stackhouse adapted to a reserve role for the Mavericks. He was the consummate team player.

Hopefully all the work he did to build that reputation won't be lost if the team and the player go through a difficult divorce. Stackhouse said he wants to make any split happen the right way.

"Yeah, it's important for a ton of reasons,'' he said. "I talked with Donnie (Nelson), talked with Mark (Cuban), talked with Rick (Carlisle) about possibly one day coming back here and being part of the coaching staff or the front office with this organization. I'm not going to foil that by my competitiveness. It's just that it might be a better fit elsewhere.''

Neither does Stackhouse carry any bitterness for the way things have transpired early in this season.

"There's nothing promised in this league,'' he said. "We've seen some disappointment the last couple of seasons and I'm confident in Rick and what he's doing with the team that it's going to get back to that level we were a couple years ago. I've accomplished more as a Dallas Maverick than I have anywhere else. And there's always going to be a piece of me that's a Dallas Maverick regardless of what happens from this day on. But as it stands right now, I just think we kind of drifted in different directions

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...any-sides.html

Old 11-17-2008, 09:44 PM   #35
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I doubt we're gonna get any really effective players for him. At this point I'd be happy with a draft pick or two.
Draft picks for Stack would be a pretty good indicator that we're blowing this team up...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:53 PM   #36
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Dude, I have plantar fascitis... and it makes me want to cut my feet off. lol
6 miles, you are a bad, bad man.

Quote:
Stackhouse situation has many sides
7:06 PM Mon, Nov 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

Jerry Stackhouse is probably going to be a former Maverick before too many more weeks (days?) go by. That will be a sad day for those who have watched him give the Mavericks heart, soul and toughness for the last four years.

Stackhouse also have rehabilitated his image while he's been at Dallas. When he left Washington, he didn't have many friends in many NBA front offices. A lot of people were surprised at how well Stackhouse adapted to a reserve role for the Mavericks. He was the consummate team player.

Hopefully all the work he did to build that reputation won't be lost if the team and the player go through a difficult divorce. Stackhouse said he wants to make any split happen the right way.

"Yeah, it's important for a ton of reasons,'' he said. "I talked with Donnie (Nelson), talked with Mark (Cuban), talked with Rick (Carlisle) about possibly one day coming back here and being part of the coaching staff or the front office with this organization. I'm not going to foil that by my competitiveness. It's just that it might be a better fit elsewhere.''

Neither does Stackhouse carry any bitterness for the way things have transpired early in this season.

"There's nothing promised in this league,'' he said. "We've seen some disappointment the last couple of seasons and I'm confident in Rick and what he's doing with the team that it's going to get back to that level we were a couple years ago. I've accomplished more as a Dallas Maverick than I have anywhere else. And there's always going to be a piece of me that's a Dallas Maverick regardless of what happens from this day on. But as it stands right now, I just think we kind of drifted in different directions

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...any-sides.html
Why does every Mav that leaves Dallas have to leave so damn peacefully? What happened to people getting pissed and talking crap?

Last edited by craggmac; 11-17-2008 at 09:59 PM.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:54 PM   #37
BGMaverick9
Guru

I want this done, hopefully the right way (for the team)...via trade.

But either way, I don't want this to drag on for a long time and Stack's tune to magically turn from high-road to bitter.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #38
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Draft picks for Stack would be a pretty good indicator that we're blowing this team up...
Don't get me wrong. I'd much rather get someone who could help us turn this thing around and put us back on the map, but I just don't see anybody out there.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #39
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Me too.. I don't understand the vitriol to be honest. He's played his butt off while here. He's fought (literally and figuratively) done what he was asked and never made much of a squawk.

He's the one guy on this mavs team that I'd want at my back in a fight. I hope things can work out for both club and stack.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #40
quietsavant

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=938

Fish has a new piece about trade talks for mavs