Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-28-2019, 07:13 PM   #1121
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...-Everyone-Back

The Bucks wont let Brogdon or Middleton go, specially not to us. When they want Giannis to sign his extension in the summer of 2020 and with everyone knowing we are targeting Giannis in 2021.

Bucks cheaping out (and pissing Giannis off) with letting Brodgon or Middleton sign with the Mavs and the Mavs telling him next summer "hey, we are clearing everyone out in 2021 except Luka, KP, Middleton/Brodgon and Brunson and you can join this group on a max deal".
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2019, 08:04 PM   #1122
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...-Everyone-Back

The Bucks wont let Brogdon or Middleton go, specially not to us. When they want Giannis to sign his extension in the summer of 2020 and with everyone knowing we are targeting Giannis in 2021.

Bucks cheaping out (and pissing Giannis off) with letting Brodgon or Middleton sign with the Mavs and the Mavs telling him next summer "hey, we are clearing everyone out in 2021 except Luka, KP, Middleton/Brodgon and Brunson and you can join this group on a max deal".
They’d be making a big mistake signing Brogdon and Middleton and thinking that’s going to bring in Giannis.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:06 PM   #1123
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I wouldn't hitch a toy wagon to embiid let alone my career. I'd bet the sixers quietly shop him this offseason and get very lukewarm responses.
No way. He’s arguably the most gifted big man in the league. Simmons will go before him.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:10 PM   #1124
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
Embid is a giant health scare. That said Butler will follow his comfort zone. I think Dallas is still too young for Butler. He'll be 30 when the season starts. Going with Dallas would mean having to take a risk with a youth movement on an unproven team. Butler will likely have suitors in bigger markets that have more experience in the playoffs.

As good as Dallas looks on paper, it's still just a vision. This is one problem Dallas can't dance around no matter how much money they have.
Yeah Butler is 30 now. He doesn’t have the time to wait for Luka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Embid is a very good player and a top C in the league....But at this point he has done nothing to make me pick him over Luka and the way Simmons is playing isn’t helping much. At this point as a younger player, I pick Dallas and Luka +KP over almost every other place in the league. GS is on a level of it own but they don’t have room for good players. Every other team doesn’t have much better to offer than the Mavs.

I would pick playing with Luka over Lebron at this point. Greek Freak and Kwhi are the only other 2 players I consider playing with over Luka at this point.
Yeah you’re biased. I may not take Lebron over Luka only because age. Lebron is still too 5 in the game.

Butler can lead the Sixers with Embid and be a hero out there. This is Luka’s team.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:36 PM   #1125
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I just think Brunson will eventually be as good as Brogdon and Jackson/DFS's production will eventually match any mediocre to good small forward. In fact, Brunson's stats for March are very similar to Brogdon's.

The major "fit" need is a pf or mobile center to start alongside KP more than anything.

The team needs serious upgrades talent-wise...not just some nice role players.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:36 PM   #1126
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
They’d be making a big mistake signing Brogdon and Middleton and thinking that’s going to bring in Giannis.
They have to roll with his team. Giannis wants to roll with this team. They got no other options.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:49 PM   #1127
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

My concerns with Butler are with his minutes and his fit. He fits well as a 3rd option and defender but he's not ideal imo. I wish he was better as a 3pt shooter or more specifically as an off ball catch and shoot player. He only attempted 2 shots of the catch and shoot variety per game despite playing with Embiid(double teamed) and Simmons(Might literally be allergic to shooting) and being a 3rd or even 4th option. His actual shot attempt volume didn't go down much he just prefers to slash and pull up in the mid range and Iso. He actually shot the 3 more frequently with Minny. Luka generates so many open 3's for players we need more catch and shoot guys. He'd work but for the price he's going to cost I don't think you want anything less than ideal. The other concern is his minutes. He might be 30 but he's an old 30. He's logged a ton of minutes and he plays both ends.... hard I might add. Those kind of guys, slashers with tons of minutes who give it their all on defense... don't age gracefully usually. Unless he gets a consistent corner 3 shot the end of his contract is going to suck ass IMO.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:03 PM   #1128
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I just think Brunson will eventually be as good as Brogdon and Jackson/DFS's production will eventually match any mediocre to good small forward. In fact, Brunson's stats for March are very similar to Brogdon's.

The major "fit" need is a pf or mobile center to start alongside KP more than anything.

I agree we need the front court help and I agree we should invest outside of Brogdon because of Brunson but I disagree about DFS. I really don't want to go through another year of forgetting he's even on the floor because he's so forgettable.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:04 PM   #1129
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

I agree with you on Brunson which is why I hesitate on going all in on a PG. Having said that, I would take Brogdon at a decent price and his age and have our main guard rotation be Brogdon and Brunson which would be pretty nice.

I really like Jackson too and I am hoping he turn into a Matrix lite for us. I think he can but we will see.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:07 PM   #1130
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah Butler is 30 now. He doesn’t have the time to wait for Luka.

Yeah you’re biased. I may not take Lebron over Luka only because age. Lebron is still too 5 in the game.

Butler can lead the Sixers with Embid and be a hero out there. This is Luka’s team.

Exactly age is a huge thing at this point and I was saying that as a player who I would choose to play with at this point and the current situation for every team. There is nothing that the Lakers have that better than Mavs even with LBJ. And again I think the combo of Luka and KP is hard to beat along with the rest of the young talent we have.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:27 PM   #1131
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
They have to roll with his team. Giannis wants to roll with this team. They got no other options.
Giannis wants to roll with what team?
Old 05-28-2019, 09:30 PM   #1132
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Exactly age is a huge thing at this point and I was saying that as a player who I would choose to play with at this point and the current situation for every team. There is nothing that the Lakers have that better than Mavs even with LBJ. And again I think the combo of Luka and KP is hard to beat along with the rest of the young talent we have.
They offer salary cap and youth. Ball, Ingram, Hart and Kuzma are some nice trade assets. And plus the chance to play in LA. Lakers really screwed this up. If they would’ve kept Randle and Russell they would’ve been stacked.

I see why guys may go there but I have a strong feeling that line may not be very long to get there. Can’t underestimate Lebron’s impact on this league though.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:32 PM   #1133
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
My concerns with Butler are with his minutes and his fit. He fits well as a 3rd option and defender but he's not ideal imo. I wish he was better as a 3pt shooter or more specifically as an off ball catch and shoot player. He only attempted 2 shots of the catch and shoot variety per game despite playing with Embiid(double teamed) and Simmons(Might literally be allergic to shooting) and being a 3rd or even 4th option. His actual shot attempt volume didn't go down much he just prefers to slash and pull up in the mid range and Iso. He actually shot the 3 more frequently with Minny. Luka generates so many open 3's for players we need more catch and shoot guys. He'd work but for the price he's going to cost I don't think you want anything less than ideal. The other concern is his minutes. He might be 30 but he's an old 30. He's logged a ton of minutes and he plays both ends.... hard I might add. Those kind of guys, slashers with tons of minutes who give it their all on defense... don't age gracefully usually. Unless he gets a consistent corner 3 shot the end of his contract is going to suck ass IMO.
But he does fit the big talent upgrade that team needs. I also think he fits better than you're giving him credit for. The head case thing is the only real worry IMO.

Look...Kemba, Vuc, Randle, and Butler are the four guys we actually have a shot at getting this summer. We can argue all summer about their fit and what not, but that's who the team needs to be focused on because of the talent. Guys like Middleton and Brogdon are a tier below them IMO and will cost too much. Mil likely doesn't let them go anyway.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:59 PM   #1134
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Giannis wants to roll with what team?
Quote:
"I want everyone back. Great fricking team -- unselfish players that play basketball the right way. They're winners. We had a great atmosphere. We didn't have no -- I want to be polite. I want to say the A-word -- we didn't have no buttheads. Obviously, I want everyone back. I am going to let my teammates know that," said Antetokounmpo.
Of course he knows they cant bring the entire bench back but the Bucks owner wont play with the fire right now. The value of his franchise is skyrocking. having Giannis and the new arena means printing money for him.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:02 PM   #1135
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
They offer salary cap and youth. Ball, Ingram, Hart and Kuzma are some nice trade assets. And plus the chance to play in LA. Lakers really screwed this up. If they would’ve kept Randle and Russell they would’ve been stacked.

I see why guys may go there but I have a strong feeling that line may not be very long to get there. Can’t underestimate Lebron’s impact on this league though.
The Lakers trade package is garbage
Ball: 2nd season he proved he cant shoot or stay healthy
Ingram: Blood clots. A 2nd time and he is the next Bosh.
Kuzma: Empty stats with no defense
Hart: average Joe.

Ingrams injury killed it. He was the one with good trade value but no one is touching him if he can become the next Bosh.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:07 PM   #1136
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I agree we need the front court help and I agree we should invest outside of Brogdon because of Brunson but I disagree about DFS. I really don't want to go through another year of forgetting he's even on the floor because he's so forgettable.
Yea. I'm not holding any hope for DFS being more than what he has been. Jackson has much more potential so hopefully coach is invested in building him up and giving him minutes.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:10 PM   #1137
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I feel this goes for Brogdon as well. Both guys are decent players, but they aren't going to move the needle the way some fans think.
Yea, they can help put a semi contender team over the top but arent worth the money as top 3 options.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:24 PM   #1138
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Of course he knows they cant bring the entire bench back but the Bucks owner wont play with the fire right now. The value of his franchise is skyrocking. having Giannis and the new arena means printing money for him.
Oh I thought you were saying the MAvs. Oh I agree. I think he returns to the Bucks. It should be in their best interest to keep those guys alongside him. That Eric Bledsoe deal hurts though. Could've used that deal to get some formidable guys in there.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:27 PM   #1139
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
The Lakers trade package is garbage
Ball: 2nd season he proved he cant shoot or stay healthy
Ingram: Blood clots. A 2nd time and he is the next Bosh.
Kuzma: Empty stats with no defense
Hart: average Joe.

Ingrams injury killed it. He was the one with good trade value but no one is touching him if he can become the next Bosh.
This is all strictly your opinion though. Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and Ball have great trade value. You could say the same thing about the Mavs. A bunch of average joes aside from a injury prone KP and a young Luka.

I've heard about no team being scared to trade for Ingram and if the Pelicans are determined to get anything for Davis.....their best bet may be a Pelicans deal.

I just read the other day the Wizard would take Ball/Kuzma or Hart for Bradley Beal.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:35 PM   #1140
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is all strictly your opinion though. Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and Ball have great trade value. You could say the same thing about the Mavs. A bunch of average joes aside from a injury prone KP and a young Luka.

I've heard about no team being scared to trade for Ingram and if the Pelicans are determined to get anything for Davis.....their best bet may be a Pelicans deal.

I just read the other day the Wizard would take Ball/Kuzma or Hart for Bradley Beal.
You realize the people who said that about the wizards are talking out of their ass right? They might take that for ball if you also took wall.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:39 PM   #1141
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No way. He’s arguably the most gifted big man in the league. Simmons will go before him.
He's fat and has injury issues and can't play in the playoffs because he's worn out by then.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:00 PM   #1142
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
You realize the people who said that about the wizards are talking out of their ass right? They might take that for ball if you also took wall.
That's possible. Hard to tell what's true and not true in the LA camp. But at times when there's smoke their's fire. I think there's something to the rumors. I'm sure its closer to a Kuzma/Ball deal than it is Hart/Ball like they reported.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:04 PM   #1143
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
He's fat and has injury issues and can't play in the playoffs because he's worn out by then.
I want a part of his stinking it up in the playoffs if its goign to give me 20/11/3 assists and 2 blocks a game. Hakeem himself says he sees himself in him. That's the highest praise you can get.

He has his warts. Not a fan of him as a person.....but let's understand what we are talking about here. His worn out is 20 points and 11 boards a game......what happens this offseason when he's in shape? All of these big men come with some form of wart. KAT has issues, Cousins has issues, Drummond has issues......
Old 05-29-2019, 06:13 AM   #1144
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

It's really hard to complain about Embid's health when the Mavs are praying for the health of their own center. A lot of assumptions can be made if you are a fan of one team and not the other.

But the facts are these. Embid could not stay healthy for any long period of time during any one season that he played so far. He has had an aching knee, upper respiratory illness, and gastrointestinal problem just this last season. He has a ridiculously bad diet that was reported recently in the The Ringer. His knee injury was diagnosed as a "long-term issue" by medical doctors... hence the brace. He has broken a bone in his foot twice. He was once held out of a game with Miami because of a fractured orbital bone... then he complained about his medical staff.

Embid is 21% taller than they typical American, but he is 39% heavier. Porzingas does not have this problem, nor any associated problem with diet. The weight issue is huge for big guys in the NBA. Even the good ones. How long were guys like Yao Ming healthy? According to one website, the average 7-footer misses 23% of the games in a season. Guys like Wilt Chamberlain are super rare. Given Embiid's history already, I don't think any medical specialist would bet on him lasting 8-10 years (and he's already played 3). The guy is terrific when he can get in the game, no question about that. But we've very likely seen the best of him already.

Last edited by JJP; 05-29-2019 at 06:23 AM.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:19 AM   #1145
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:59 AM   #1146
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Say we end up with 36mill in cap space and we spend 25 mill on Butler while bringing back KP and Powell after getting to the cap. What do we try to do with the other 9-10?

???/Powell/???
KP/Jackson
Butler/Broekhoff/Lee
Doncic/Hardaway/???
???/Brunson/???

--------------------
FAs: Dirk (r), Barea, Harris, Mejri, Burke, DFS, Kleber

I can see Brunson starting, but we still need more PGs. Powell may be pencilled in as a starter, but I'm still not happy with the center depth. Rebounding would be a huge liability regardless of who we fielded in the frontcourt.

Powell is bad. KP is good, but will be far from the boards. Butler/Doncic are about the only two guys who are above average.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-29-2019 at 10:11 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:14 AM   #1147
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Only issue I see is I think Butler can get more than $25mm from someone. Unless I'm mistaken somewhere along those lines...
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:15 AM   #1148
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

The Rockets ownership is saying he wants to blow up the team and everyone (except Harden) could be traded. With that said...

Anyone think there will be interest from the Mavs for Clint Capela? He’d be a pretty good fit at center next to KP and the Mavs did have interest in him when he was a FA. He’s locked up for the next 4 years and is not on a bad contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:18 AM   #1149
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Say we end up with 36mill in cap space and we spend 25 mill on Butler while bringing back KP and Powell after getting to the cap. What do we try to do with the other 9-10?

???/Powell/???
KP/Jackson
Butler/Broekhoff/Lee
Doncic/Hardaway/???
???/Brunson/???

--------------------
FAs: Dirk (r), Barea, Harris, Mejri, Burke, DFS, Kleber

I can see Brunson starting, but we still need more PGs. Powell may be pencilled in as a starter, but I'm still not happy with the center depth. Rebounding would be a huge liability regardless of who we fielded in the frontcourt.

Powell is bad. KP is good, but will be far from the boards. Butler/Doncic are about the only two guys who are above average.

If they are interested in trading for Capela and they are able to sign Butler they could have a potential lineup of:

C - Capela
PF - KP
SF - Butler
SG - Hardaway
PG - Luka

That would be a pretty competitive lineup!

Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:32 AM   #1150
sefant77
Guru

Butler gets easily a max contract from someone.

Lakers for sure if they strike out on the bigger names.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:49 AM   #1151
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
The Rockets ownership is saying he wants to blow up the team and everyone (except Harden) could be traded. With that said...

Anyone think there will be interest from the Mavs for Clint Capela? He’d be a pretty good fit at center next to KP and the Mavs did have interest in him when he was a FA. He’s locked up for the next 4 years and is not on a bad contract.

Capela would be an excellent fit, but what would we trade for him? I doubt the Rockets are interested in expiring contracts attached to picks — they want experienced impact players who fit Harden’s timeline, and we don’t really have anyone who fits the bill.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:12 PM   #1152
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Capela is a very good fit maybe in Houston, but he's only an OK fit here. He has no shot facing the basket outside of 6 feet. He can barely make free-throws. On offense, he can only play one position.

I like watching Capela in Houston, but I have a hard time believing Carlisle sees him as a long-term solution here. Nor do I think Houston would make a trade with Dallas. In my fantasy, I'd much rather have Eric Gordon... but that won't happen either.

If this rumor is true, I read it as an ugly confession for Houston. What that says is, it can't win a championship by adding pieces to the current roster (the opposite of what the owner said after it was eliminated in the playoffs).

Last edited by JJP; 05-29-2019 at 12:22 PM.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #1153
SMC0007
Guru

Thread is Fishtailing

Old 05-29-2019, 02:03 PM   #1154
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Thread is Fishtailing

You rang?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-29-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:09 PM   #1155
sefant77
Guru

One entire month more talking about the same 10-12 guys....please shot me

Last edited by sefant77; 05-29-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:24 PM   #1156
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
One entire month more talking about the same 10-12 guys....please shot me
Hey at least we aren’t waiting around to hear about Chandler Parsons anymore. Or Roddy Beaubois being a future center piece
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:24 PM   #1157
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Thread is Fishtailing
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

You rang?

@fishsports: #Rockets either have already called #Mavs about trading for Clint Capela, or are about to. And when they do? DAL will listen ...

Last edited by Underdog; 05-29-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:26 PM   #1158
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not sure what they want for Capella? Probably expiring contracts and taking on Chris Paul's contract? That can be the only thing I think they would want from us. We can't really offer much else to them. Definitely not trading KP or Luka. We have no draft picks or young assets. What else could they want?
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:06 PM   #1159
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@fishsports: #Rockets either have already called #Mavs about trading for Clint Capela, or are about to. And when they do? DAL will listen ...
They claim they aren't breaking it up-- instead opting to do another rebuild around Harden. They'd be really dumb to trade Capela and his 15 mill contract.

Still, if he's available, you gotta at least talk to them. He's the perfect supplement to KP and Doncic. He's like Powell with defense and rebounding. Dude can crash hard for oops from Doncic while not being a complete liability.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:15 PM   #1160
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
I'm not sure what they want for Capella? Probably expiring contracts and taking on Chris Paul's contract? That can be the only thing I think they would want from us. We can't really offer much else to them. Definitely not trading KP or Luka. We have no draft picks or young assets. What else could they want?
We have a $21.3m TPE from the Barnes trade that we could send if Houston is looking to dump Capela without taking anything back... If Powell walks, it would only cut $3m into our current cap numbers... That would obviously take us out of the running for the top-tier FAs, but mid-tier guys like Brogdon, as well as lower-tier guys like Beverly, would still be doable.

Tags
win now