Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-24-2001, 03:10 PM   #1
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

This game is huge - if we don't win this one, we are pretty much screwed. It will be next to impossible to beat the Jazz 3 in a row. Dirk has a big game and we pull out the victory.

Mavs 94
Jazz 89
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2001, 04:37 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Don't see us winning this one. Mavs 89, Jazz 97.

Hope I'm wrong [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 05:25 PM   #3
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

We've got to win now Rob!!

Mavs 103, Jazz 101 OT
Old 04-24-2001, 05:27 PM   #4
scooterj5
Golden Member

Oh yeah and Bradley blocks what would be a game-tying dunk by Malone
Old 04-24-2001, 07:03 PM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Few tidbits a heard on the local news just a minute ago.

1) Starks will not play tonight or on Saturday.
2) Stockton is a game time decision. Food poisoning(from Ice Cream [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] )
3) The Jazz have apparently put together a piece(involving bobble head Dirk dolls) that will show on the jumbotron. Involving the comments Dirk made about Utah being a bad city.

Old 04-24-2001, 07:52 PM   #6
scooterj5
Golden Member

1- Could be good could be bad.
2- Nothing better than natural justice!
3- This is gonna be funny
Old 04-24-2001, 08:06 PM   #7
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Yea, i wouldnt mind seeing that bobble head peice myself!!!
92 minutes until tip off... Woooooo Hooooo.

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

GO MAVS!!!
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 08:11 PM   #8
scooterj5
Golden Member

The teasing of Dirk on the scoreboard will be funny.

I would find it even more funny if Dirk sued the Jazz for defimation of character. THat should teach them! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2001, 08:17 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I doubt they show it on TBS though. Only the people in the arena will probably see it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2001, 10:26 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

KSTR's picture quality SUCKS [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 10:35 PM   #11
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

getting killed at the moment. Better shape up or we are done
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 11:06 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I swear I feel like I'm watching the game over the Internet or something..so damn choppy and grainy. Way to go KSTR!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 11:07 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

"KSTR's picture quality SUCKS"

No kidding man. It's making me sick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] . Why is it blacked out locally? That sucks!

Old 04-24-2001, 11:10 PM   #14
Mavs#1Fan

Mavs#1Fan will become famous soon enoughMavs#1Fan will become famous soon enough

If you have cable it's on TBS.
Mavs#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 11:11 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

And about the game. Rather poor if you ask me. Howards took too many early shots and Dirk's not getting enough shots. Ref's are pitiful as always.

I wish someone would just take one of the Jazz players out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] .

Old 04-24-2001, 11:12 PM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

"If you have cable it's on TBS"

It's Blacked out on TBS locally [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] .

Old 04-24-2001, 11:14 PM   #17
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

Halftime assestment: Steve Nash you are the weakest link....GOODBYE.

MIA !!!!!! MIA!!!!!!!! Is Dirk Nowitski in Utah tonite ?????? I mean he has all of 1 point.

Babbling Bitches........Babbling Bitches......

We look piss poor ....Our offense has NO EXECUTION....Which is the responsibility of the PG......See Above.

~~J~~
Old 04-24-2001, 11:21 PM   #18
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

On a somewhat funny note. They showed Bradley's wife at the game. She was holding a sign with there last name(Bradley) on it. One problem, she spelled it wrong. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 04-24-2001, 11:25 PM   #19
Jordan23TX

LOL ROB ..... Please tell me your BS'n...... Incredible. We are gettin slapped around in every fuggin way..

~~J~~
Old 04-24-2001, 11:33 PM   #20
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

The Mavs are playing like crap - but the refs sure aren't giving us any love. I wish they would let up on the calls a little and at least let the two teams play some basketball.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 11:39 PM   #21
Jordan23TX

Ape I agree that the officiating is terrible....But I think our whining after Game 1 got us on the Refs bad side from the jump. I mean Stockton has free reigns all over the court..... I wish Nellie would send Bryant after Malone ...maybe bait him into a fight...But then too Karl dont want to fight .. he just want to sneak elbows..on unsuspecting players.
Old 04-24-2001, 11:53 PM   #22
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

Appears to me that the mavs dont give a shit if they win or lose. They dont appear to have the heart. The Jazz arent exactly lighting it up. Nowitzki couldnt hit the broad side of a football stadium if he had to.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 11:57 PM   #23
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I don't know whats wrong with Dirk. This is the worst I've seen him play all year (with the possible exception of the Indiana game). I just want to forget about it and think about coming back to Dallas. If we still get the same quality of officiating in Reuinion, I will be enraged.

On the bright side: Bradley contibuted nicely and Finley looked as good as ever.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 12:02 AM   #24
Jordan23TX

We just lack HEART. I mean its not experience... its just Utah wants it more then we do. We are just happy to be there....
Old 04-25-2001, 12:32 AM   #25
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

your exaclty right,-- you can see it in utah, they just want it more you know? I dont think our trash talk helped out alot.
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 12:39 AM   #26
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

can it be done, 1`:30 left... ahh nevermind its over
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 12:42 AM   #27
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Well, This ones over. Or will be in a few seconds. I agree with ya'll, No Heart. And it seems they left there brains back in Dallas too because there not playing smart. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2001, 03:08 PM   #28
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are insulting Finley when you say no one was playing out there with any heart. Fin kept us in there in the first half, picked up his rebounding in the 2nd when his shot wasn't falling and even got himself to the ft line.
Old 04-25-2001, 03:18 PM   #29
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

I'd like to think that this game opened up the teams' eyes. Finley played really well. He looks like a grizzled playoff veteran. Dallas's problem seems to be there is no urgency to get rebounds. That has got to change. If not, it's 3 games to none.
Old 04-25-2001, 03:44 PM   #30
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Mavsfinley, you're right. Finley did look good, I was disappointed he struggled down the stretch but that happens to everyone. However he did keep us in striking distance that's for sure. Reg, isn't the rebounding situation terrible. The thing is we did better lastnight than we did Saturday and we were STILL terrible on the boards lastnight.